Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 13:58   #91
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Mxh; completely understand where your emotions are rooted. Many s-cross owners like yourself feel 'ripped off' now.
I never said I have an S Cross. I was in the market for a car few months ago when the S-cross was just launched. Fortunately the car wasn't readily available. I had a strict delivery requirement of 7 days so bought a Honda City and dodged a bullet (more like dodged a missile now LOL).
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 14:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

As I am not the one who is at loss as I haven't bought the S-Cross let me put my thoughts.
We have many launches at mouth watering introductory prices like Nano, EcoSport, XUV500 & Baleno where the prices were increased shortly after launch. The company didn't demand from the existing customers the difference between what they paid and the increased price. I also saw many ads by the same customers demanding premium on their cars in the used car market. So this is a rare happening and don't expect much out of it. Tata also did a good price cut with Aria and customers weren't happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
As soon as the price cut of ~1L was done, the amount was promptly refunded to the existing customers. That would further strengthen the trust in Suzuki that INDIA as a market has & automatically translate into furthersales of the product .
I also don't understand that as MSIL started giving 1 Lac discount on 1.6 very shortly after launch, so in effect how many customers would have been in loss, maybe 100-200 max. But the picture is presented as though Maruti has made more windfall gains than one of the telecom companies involved in the 2G scam.

Oh really, S-Cross in the same league as i20 and Jazz.
Then how come Baleno has become No.1 in premium hatch segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
They must have reasoned that if Hyundai can take customers for a ride by pricing Creta atrociously, then why not take a chance with the SCross. The gamble does not seem to have paid off, it is still priced a bit steep according to me. Should have really been launched as an i20, Jazz competitor

Last edited by Eddy : 19th January 2016 at 14:35. Reason: Merged + Pls post in English only.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 14:20   #93
BHPian

Re: Maruti slashes S-Cross prices by up to Rs. 2.05 lakhs!

A question on the effect of price slash on the resale value.

The direct effect of the price slash is that the resale values will drop. But over a longer run, lets say 3-5 years or so, will the increased numbers of S-Cross on road (perception of a good selling car) offer faster sale and a better resale than a perceived dud model from MS stable? This is assuming that without the price correction that S-Cross would be a dud.

Guess am looking for an silver lining in the cloud. Do early buyers of S-Cross have any benefit due to the price drop?
Old 19th January 2016, 14:36   #94
BHPian

Do you think Maruti will perhaps launch or announce the automatic S-cross variant at the upcoming Expo? Its a possibility that the price revision could be the start of the revamp.
Old 19th January 2016, 14:53   #95
Senior - BHPian

Poor move from Maruti because such a huge price revision is an indication of how badly they got it wrong. They've done this before too, with the Versa which eventually became the Eeco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikr View Post
Guess am looking for an silver lining in the cloud. Do early buyers of S-Cross have any benefit due to the price drop?
Not really and even if there was, it wouldn't compensate for what you could have saved.

However, if you've bought one, then you have a very good product sitting in your garage right now. That's the important thing and there's no point worrying about what might have been.
Old 19th January 2016, 14:54   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daywiz View Post
Do you think Maruti will perhaps launch or announce the automatic S-cross variant at the upcoming Expo? Its a possibility that the price revision could be the start of the revamp.
If they launch the automatic with an additional 1lac OTR, they will have plenty of takers and I will be one of their first customers to buy the automatic, however I know it's very unlikely. I saw the reviews and the dual clutch transmission is pretty decent.
Old 19th January 2016, 15:00   #97
Senior - BHPian

Come to think of it... If Maruti launches AT at mouth watering prices and an elongated version with 7-Seater option with that 1.6 L engine what a killer move it would prove for the competition.
Old 19th January 2016, 15:22   #98
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Lesson Learnt

A bit late - Maybe not since it is Maruti and has Baleno in the same showroom.

Consumer is King

It now is well priced and I have since the start maintained that it was overpriced by about 2L and this is correction should have an impact of 2.5L on top variant.

Now it exposes the Creta for what it is too is : OVERPRICED.

Hope the S-Cross now does really well and adds pressure on the Creta for a change.

It has been a case of opportunistic pricing by both S-Cross & Creta, but the Creta also looks much better.

Now Maruti also go ahead and swap those dull alloys.

Diesel AT?

What about existing buyers? - Can Maruti maybe give them a partial refund or maybe atleast accessories pack plus extended 5-7 yrs warranty.

Many predicted this price correction, but seeing is believing.

1.6D is not very tempting. They seem to have made greater price corrections for variants that were selling lesser.

This also opens up the potential for Maurti get price YBA more sensibly

Last edited by ACM : 19th January 2016 at 15:46.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 16:12   #99
BHPian

Better late than never. These should have been the launch prices of all the variants. One thing for sure is that Maruti is master at selling their products and so I will not be surprised if S-Cross sells pick up from here and settle at 3-4k mark. I wonder how much Hyundai is profiting from Creta. I believe it to be around Rs. 4 lakhs per vehicle atleast.
Old 19th January 2016, 16:24   #100
BHPian

Welcome move by Maruti, better late than never.

This for sure will give Creta a thing to think, and Renault gets enough time before the final pricing of its Duster 2016 face lift.

Had Maruti offered its existing S-Cross customers some gestures such as free service or extended warranty or discount on accessories / spares, that would have pacified them a bit. No comments on those who had to settle with 200 instead of a 320 or with a lower trim.
Old 19th January 2016, 17:04   #101
Senior - BHPian

So, how much does the 1.3 Alpha now cost in Mumbai "on-road" as compared to earlier?
Old 19th January 2016, 17:05   #102
BHPian

I had sent an email to Maruti and Nexa via their website and got a follow up call in return. The chap couldn't speak and had no clue what my concerns were. He gave me the below email address which supposedly is to Nexa Management. I was told that the price correction is to lower input costs and the benefit is being passed onto customers. Seriously? So much reduction in input costs under 6 months?

In case anyone wants to send their feedback about the car and this price correction move, please feel free to email: contact@nexaexperience.com

Let them know how BHPians feels about this price correction.

Last edited by sudeepg : 19th January 2016 at 17:06.
sudeepg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 17:33   #103
BHPian

I really feel for early bird buyers and when we say welcome move by Maruti it is not in this case at least because of the sheer gap in revised prices, not to be overlooked easily. IMO reduced prices still would not go a long way in attracting buyers to opt for S-Cross over Creta.

People comparing this price reduction with mobile phone examples should also consider that Samsung and Apple also revise prices only when the upcoming launch of an upgraded phone is nearby and prices stay stable at least for a year or so. Investing in a car is an emotional decision and it is not a mere gadget. When the prices fall to this level in a very short duration from launch customers stand to loose big time.

I also want to see how Baleno customers would feel when Maruti would launch a more powerful version next year with boosterjet engine, is it so that all existing customers were not wishing that Baleno could also have a powerful engine right from the start?

So when they launch newer versions (Diesel engine would still have only 89bhp Power / 210nm Torque) Maruti would adopt more premium pricing strategy to show customers how they have obliged to the market demand by coming with a powerful variant in so less time

Clever move by Maruti.
Old 19th January 2016, 18:36   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Now it exposes the Creta for what it is too is : OVERPRICED.

Hope the S-Cross now does really well and adds pressure on the Creta for a change.

It has been a case of opportunistic pricing by both S-Cross & Creta, but the Creta also looks much better.
Creta has been overpriced from Day 1, but they now have no need to decrease the prices. Actually they can increase by a couple of thousands, and still manage to continue to have the bookings. Only time will tell whether they succeed with this pricing in the long run. But they can always play with the feature list, to make it look more premium.

Consider this:
Your money can buy either S-Cross DDiS 320 Alpha OR Creta 1.4 S Plus.
With this comparison it is quite evident, how extremely VFM S-Cross 1.6 is now.
Let us see with this terrific pricing, S-Cross manages to bag more bookings.
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 18:44   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Creta has been overpriced from Day 1, but they now have no need to decrease the prices. Actually they can increase by a couple of thousands, and still manage to continue to have the bookings. Only time will tell whether they succeed with this pricing in the long run. But they can always play with the feature list, to make it look more premium.

Consider this:
Your money can buy either S-Cross DDiS 320 Alpha OR Creta 1.4 S Plus.
With this comparison it is quite evident, how extremely VFM S-Cross 1.6 is now.
Let us see with this terrific pricing, S-Cross manages to bag more bookings.
Manufacturers can't always succeed with the strategy of over-pricing to make it look more premium.

Remember the case of Verna. It used to sell around 7K per month even with the higher prices. Now, it nose-dived to 3 digits!

Same is the fate of Duster. From the earlier 5K figures, it went to 1K levels!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks