Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2016, 23:20   #1

Maruti slashes S-Cross prices by up to Rs. 2.05 lakhs!

S-Cross Price have been reduced effective today.
Model Ex-Showroom
S-Cross 1.3 Sigma 7,79,000
S-Cross 1.3 Delta 8,49,000
S-Cross 1.3 Zeta 9,59,000
S-Cross 1.3 Alpha 10,29,000
S-Cross 1.6 Delta 9,94,000
S-Cross 1.6 Zeta 10,94,000
S-Cross 1.6 Alpha 11,69,000

I think this is a fantastic pricing and should drive sales.

Thanks to swiftnfurious for this comparo:

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2016 at 11:16. Reason: Adding comparison :)
praveenasir is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 13:42   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Nexa web-site displays updated price.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti slashes S-Cross prices by up to Rs. 2.05 lakhs!-nexa.jpg  

Last edited by dinesha : 17th January 2016 at 13:43.
dinesha is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 13:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

So Maruti is increasing the prices for a few cars in its range while decreasing it massively for the S-Cross.

They have to advertise it massively. Else it could be the story of Jazz's 1st innings here.

Good on them to discount the 1.6 heavily in the recent months to soften the blow on the buyers of the car prior to this price revision.

Hope the Baleno crowd is ready for an upgrade. 1.6 Delta would look tempting for the price (under 10L).
SchumiFan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 13:53   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
So Maruti is increasing the prices for a few cars in its range while decreasing it massively for the S-Cross.
It also gives an indication on the pricing of its upcoming Compact SUV and the speculated S Cross Petrol version when launched.

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th January 2016 at 13:54.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 16:28   #5
BHPian

Better late than never. The only question left to be answered is, if they are too late.

I honestly do not think so, purely because of the trust that Maruti has made for itself amongst the aam junta.

Prospective Swift owners can now be wooed towards Baleno and Baleno owners towards Scross.

I however feel very sad for the first movers - owners who paid the inflated rates only to see the prices being cut drastically. Unfair I must say, not only to the 1.6 owners, but those who bought 1.3 alpha just coz the 1.6 was overpriced.

Scross will feel the heat starting February - reason: impending launch of Honda B-RV.

I, for one held off my purchase due to Scross being overpriced & after getting confirmed news that brv would be showcased at the Delhi auto expo with a Q1/early Q2 launch.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 16:42   #6
BHPian

In Mumbai the difference is down to 1.5-2 lacs between the engine options. This is much better pricing now and I believe volunteers should increase subsequently. Well done Maruti!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti slashes S-Cross prices by up to Rs. 2.05 lakhs!-screenshot_20160117163935.png  

avdhesh15 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 16:45   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Better late than never. The only question left to be answered is, if they are too late.

I honestly do not think so, purely because of the trust that Maruti has made for itself amongst the aam junta.

Prospective Swift owners can now be wooed towards Baleno and Baleno owners towards Scross.

I however feel very sad for the first movers - owners who paid the inflated rates only to see the prices being cut drastically. Unfair I must say, not only to the 1.6 owners, but those who bought 1.3 alpha just coz the 1.6 was overpriced.

Scross will feel the heat starting February - reason: impending launch of Honda B-RV.

I, for one held off my purchase due to Scross being overpriced & after getting confirmed news that brv would be showcased at the Delhi auto expo with a Q1/early Q2 launch.
The updated pricing is quite good and most importantly is on par or undercutting the Ciaz.

I don't think the BRV is going to have any impact whatsoever. Its a glorified Mobilio built on the same platform as a Brio . The safety is not upto global standards nor is the design as good as the Creta. The days of the Indian public simply pping up a car because its a Honda is long gone.

Coming back to the S-Cross , why is there a 50K difference on all variants except 1.3 Zeta between Delhi and Chennai prices? With other manufacturers its usually in the range of 10-15K. I have observed this huge discrepancy in other Maruti models like the Ciaz as well.

Despite the price cut the 1.6 would cost around 2 L more when you consider on-road prices which is still high and sedate drivers would do well to consider the 1.3 . The 1.3 Zeta models' prices also appear to have been cut and appear more competitive compared to the i20 active .

Last edited by Ragavsr : 17th January 2016 at 16:50.
Ragavsr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 16:57   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
There revised price for Bangalore is here. Story could have been different if this was the launch price.
Wish we had taxes similar to New Delhi. Bengaluru pays everything more :(
Attached Images

girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 17:08   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Wish we had taxes similar to New Delhi. Bengaluru pays everything more :(
What are these taxes that are included in ex-showroom which are higher in Bengaluru/Hyderabad?

Attached below is Hyderabad ex-showroom prices.

Maruti slashes S-Cross prices by up to Rs. 2.05 lakhs!-screenshot_20160117143541.png
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 19:47   #10
BHPian

Hi Friends,

As confirmed on Nexa website the official prices are now corrected.

DDiS 200 Sigma778000
DDiS 200 Delta848000
DDiS 200 Zeta958000
DDiS 320 Delta993000
DDiS 200 Alpha1028000
DDiS 320 Zeta1093000
DDiS 320 Alpha1168000

Huge difference in pre Jan prices, so a 2016 model now costs same as a heavily discounted 2015 model with a minor +-20/40000 difference which is negligible. Now the interesting question is the how will it impact the value of current S Cross and also if any features have been deleted in the new year models. Waiting of approx 2-3 weeks in NCR on booking.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 20:51   #11
BHPian

Speechless at this price correction. I think at this price zeta 320 will be a hot seller and absolute VFM will all features and build quality. Feeling bad as i could have been one of them...
Old 17th January 2016, 21:39   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post

Coming back to the S-Cross , why is there a 50K difference on all variants except 1.3 Zeta between Delhi and Chennai prices? With other manufacturers its usually in the range of 10-15K. I have observed this huge discrepancy in other Maruti models like the Ciaz as well.
As per my knowledge this is for three reasons:

1. Basic info which we already know is usually Ex-showroom prices are dealer retail prices of a Car excluding Road Tax and insurance. But dealer gets the car on ex-factory prices on top of which dealer gets his margin and also pays VAT and other sales taxes for respective state which varies according to each state as we don't have nation wide uniform taxation. (Similar case with our road taxes as well) This contributes to variation of ex-showroom prices.

2. VAT is not uniform across all states, so variation in ex-showroom price again:

The standard rate of VAT is 12.5 percent, with the exception of five states:
Andhra Pradesh (14.5 percent)
Assam (13.5 percent)
Chhattisgarh (14.0 percent)
Jammu and Kashmir (13.5 percent)
Karnataka (13.5 percent)

One percent variation for 10 Lac car results in variation of 10,000/- rupees in ex-showroom price of car.

3. Last but not least:Transportation charges
Maruti's are produced in North India and transportation charges for South India for example bangalore which is away by 2,000 kms are high compared to transporting few hundreds of kms to north Indian states. When you take an example of Hyundai which are produced in Chennai, the above charges scenario is reversed and you can see the variation accordingly in ex-showroom prices compared to northern states.
TorqueManR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 21:49   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Speechless at this price correction. I think at this price zeta 320 will be a hot seller and absolute VFM will all features and build quality.
I am wondering why would anybody buy C segment sedans anymore. S Cross 1.6 Alpha with all the features whatsoever at mouth watering prices. City top end VX with that tractor like sounding engine and pathetic build quality would be way costlier than the S Cross.
itsashishsharma is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 22:48   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Speechless at this price correction. I think at this price zeta 320 will be a hot seller and absolute VFM will all features and build quality. Feeling bad as i could have been one of them...
Zeta 320 is not VFM as it loses quite a bit of features when compared to Zeta 200.

Cruise control, Automatic Climatic Control are the key ones.

Prospective Zeta buyers should be aware of this.

Edit: Maruti should correct this as soon as possible, if they want more numbers for 1.6.

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2016 at 11:15. Reason: Typo
mrbaddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 23:02   #15
BHPian

Not sure what exactly to state here, I have been wondering as why I haven't heard back from my RM, I am sure all dealers were aware about the immenient price correction and hence were not keen to sell cars at a higher discount, the earlier onroad price was 17.19 for the 1.6 Alpha in Chennai, with the revised price correction it should be around 14.4 on road, now that is definitely good pricing to attract more customers. Will have to wait and see how customers react.
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks