Brochure Link:
https://www.hondacarindia.com/AllNew...y_Brochure.pdf
Simhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 13:48   #377
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Can you please share the discount you got? One of my known persons is also contemplating the City, and may want to consider the outgoing model as well
Well I got insurance for free + around 60k discount after bargaining with the dealer and also got lot of accessories.

Do note it's a 2016 make model.
Old 14th February 2017, 13:48   #378
BHPian

The Malaysian City has ESP(VSA). So all through the leaks, I was hoping against hope, it would make it to India. Disappointed that it has not, even in the ZX trim. Why are Indian consumers short changed?
nd4$pd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 14:07   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
All prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

Attachment 1608188

Attachment 1608189

Good to see Honda bringing in the attention to insulate the noise on the Diesel. Need to see if they have upped the game from the Hyundai Verna in terms of Diesel engine noise insulation in the cabin.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 14:11   #380
Senior - BHPian

@Mods : Could we please change the name of the thread? I believe its no more a Rumor?

I doubt Maruti will be even a wee bit worried with the launch. Looks like HONDA wants INDIA to know, they are a premium brand and market response doesn't bother them much. Except for the lower petrol MTs, rest of the lot has pretty optimistic pricing.Hope the build quality(was pretty much the talking point of the 2014 model) has been altered to justify the premium pricing & of-course the diesel NVH levels. Once the initial hooplah settles mostly it(monthly numbers) will come back to where it is currently.

P.S : Now the wait starts for the TBHP review.
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 14:13   #381
BHPian

No changes in the engine department. I was expecting a 7 speed Automatic, CVT. Even here there's no change.

Internationally, a New Car is developed from the scratch, every 4 years. So, is this the last face-lift, before an all new Honda City is launched next year?

Last edited by jaaz : 14th February 2017 at 14:14.
Old 14th February 2017, 14:15   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Looks like HONDA wants INDIA to know, they are a premium brand and market response doesn't bother them much. Except for the lower petrol MTs, rest of the lot has pretty optimistic pricing
The good thing about this pricing is that they targeted both the price conscious buyer by the VFM S/SV/V variants as well as the premium-I-dont-mind-paying buyer via the VX/ZX trims. I for one am happy with the SV/V prices.

BTW if you think about it, I believe even the S will sell in decent numbers. It has pretty decent specs and no serious shortcoming - and just 8.5L ex showroom!
Old 14th February 2017, 14:26   #383
BHPian

I like their pricing specifically for the Petrol variants. For someone who needs a safe petrol sedan that's fun, not underpowered and is on a budget even the SMT variant does just fine.

I am eagerly waiting to know how they have attended to the NVH on the diesel variants. Their diesel motor offers terrific fuel economy and drivability. Insulation is improved as they said in their press release. If vibrations are also curtailed then its a big thumbs up.

I am also hoping that they have ironed out all of the niggles from the 2014 variant by their methods of incremental corrections in past 3 years. Would like to see them going towards the bullet proof City from 2009.
manishkapadia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 14:31   #384
BHPian

The prices till V variant are good and justifiable, CVT/VX and above variants are priced with respect to perceived premiumness of Honda, if I may say so. Until, I see the quality justifiable for premium prices, I will reserve my judgement.

I still hate Honda for skipping adjustable rear headrests(only ZX gets them), no 3 point seatbelt and headrest for rear middle passenger, no ESP.

Any mention of pretensioner and force limiter seatbelts? Only Jazz idtec gets them, that too in VX trim only for driver side.

Hoping Jazz to get the updates and make it a complete product, I own Jazz VX MT i-Vtec and I can certainly say that it misses on many features with respect to competition.

Last edited by varunswnt : 14th February 2017 at 14:40.
varunswnt is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 14:41   #385
Senior - BHPian

I see the City and fellow C2 segmenters slowly entering what was thought to be the D1 segment pricing. I see no hope of a Civic at this rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
I am also hoping that they have ironed out all of the niggles from the 2014 variant by their methods of incremental corrections in past 3 years. Would like to see them going towards the bullet proof City from 2009.
This is what I'd like to wait and watch in the next year or so. For the kind of money you pay for the City, these quality issues is what keep me a bit skeptical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
I guess the 2017 Verna diesel AT would be at par with 2017 city petrol AT when launched, but with the way Hyundai has priced ts recent offering, nothing can be predicted.
Am not sure Hyundai would be so enthusiastic with the Verna. As of Jan 2017 charts, it is competing with Vento and Rapid.
Old 14th February 2017, 14:41   #386
BHPian

Price comparison with competition.
Price gap with Ciaz is huge. Ciaz topline diesel costs 4 lacs less
Attached Thumbnails
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-2017-hcity-proce-comparison.jpg  

S.MJet is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 14:49   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Any mention of pretensioner and force limiter seatbelts? Only Jazz idtec gets them, that too in VX trim only for driver side.
I think the City already has this feature. A friend of mine had a low speed crash and the Honda ASC changed the whole front seat belt units. The crash caused the airbags to deploy. The Honda website mentions the same for Mobilio too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
While the pricing of petrol variants are somewhat justifiable, the diesel City has a difficult fight to win. The top variant of the diesel Ciaz is cheaper than the base City diesel. That is almost true for Rapid, Vento and Verna too.

Last edited by deerhunter : 14th February 2017 at 14:57.
deerhunter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 15:07   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Good that I bought VX one month back.
Why?

+ Awesome discounts (biggest factor)
+ Prefer non-touchscreen as there's no lag and is more usable on the go.
+ Prefer custom alloys like Momo in black. So would've changed anyway.

So basically I missed out on LED lights (bling) and auto folding mirrors (one feature I want! But I think it can be enabled later).

So yeah, I got VX at the price of current V and am very glad I purchased my car before this was launched.

All in all, am disappointed by this update (actually happy :P). This is just a cosmetic change, nothing else.

Honda should've launched ZX MT. Very overpriced for a CVT.
And put a 6 speed manual as well. With the amount of power on the iVtec, it demands a 6th gear for cruising.
I'm glad too. I wanted sunroof and if I had waited I probably wouldn't have bought at this price. Can't agree on touchscreen though. The non touch ice in city is a pain to operate. Try searching for your favourite song in huge list of files.
Old 14th February 2017, 15:08   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Price comparison with competition.
The gap between the variants too is huge.

For example, for the petrol manual variants the gap is around 2L or less for others, whereas its more than 3L for the City.

If we include the automatic as well, while the gap is 3L for others, it's 5L for the City!

Such a huge price gap for a vehicle at this price point, is unheard of.

Not sure how to construe this but all I can think is, the gap between variants when we bought one in 2010, was a shade above 1L bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I said it before too (and a few folks protested a fair bit), and will say it again - the smooth, high revving petrol engine begs for a sixth cog. It will make the car run in a more relaxed manner at the top end.
Very true and it's a huge drawback in the manual petrol. At 100 KMPH, the RPM needle has already climbed to the 3000 mark. Anyone who owns one will agree that the 2.5K mark is where it can be said to cruise comfortably. In hindsight, I would even call it a deal breaker for anyone who drives extensively on the highways.

Last edited by avisidhu : 14th February 2017 at 15:16.
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 15:09   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
The Malaysian City has ESP(VSA). So all through the leaks, I was hoping against hope, it would make it to India. Disappointed that it has not, even in the ZX trim. Why are Indian consumers short changed?
And it hurts even more when Honda Cars India President & CEO Yoichiro Ueno himself says India is the largest market for CITY worldwide.

Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to a Team-BHP fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sharing these details .
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Honda just called and clarified that these prices should be taken with a pinch of salt. They aren't accurate.

We'll see the actual numbers tomorrow!
So what you got here was actually almost the correct pricing
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks