3. HSA
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 18:27   #227
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Scoop! More details on the Honda City Facelift

According to the information available, the City facelift will be offered in 5 colours: Orchid Pearl White, Alabaster Silver, Carnelian Red Pearl, Golden Brown and Steel Grey. The Taffeta White shade available with the current model will not be on offer with the facelift, while the Urban Titanium colour will be replaced with Steel Grey.
So, the navy/steel blue color in the Thailand ads won't be available?
Old 30th January 2017, 18:42   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
This color also seems to be new, looks more like Grey (Polished Metal Metallic) but that color isn't on offer in any of their cars here. While the Urban Titanium is more of a Brownish Grey Shade.
Sorry, as you have already predicted, Urban titanium is gone and Steel grey is in. Hope this color looks really classic on road. Urban titanium owners are going to get a distinguished identification on roads .
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 19:44   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
After Thailand, face lift Honda City to debut in Malaysia on Feb 1st.
India launch speculated to be in the second week of Feb.
Honda dealers speculate a Feb 14th launch for the facelift Honda City!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 20:52   #230
BHPian

I am very very tempted to upgrade my Honda City which is now 5 years old and has almost 60k kms on the clock. But it still runs as good as it did 5 years ago, so I am also tempted to keep using it. I installed a touchscreen and a reverse camera only recently. I was seriously looking at the Audi A3 as an upgrade (since the Civic isn't here yet), but the new City seems to have everything I want - which in order of priority are:
1. 6 airbags (a knee airbag would be the cherry on top)
2. ESP (VSA in Honda-speak)
3. LED headlamps
4. Touch screen with Apple carplay and Android auto
5. Auto stuff (lights, wipers etc.)
I am going to wait for a few more months and then decide (or may be the financially prudent person in me will keep my current City till it stops working)

Last edited by nd4$pd : 31st January 2017 at 20:54.
Old 1st February 2017, 12:40   #231
BHPian

Hi friends

I have been looking to buy a new car for some time (about 25 months to be precise). Started the hunt with the launch of Jazz and followed almost every launch since then on TBHP (S-Cross, Creta, TUV, Baleno, Rapid, Ecosport, Duster, Ciaz and a few others too). Basic needs were a sub 10 l pricing and automatic (to beat Delhi office traffic though I switched to metro about an year back) and cruise-control (not a must). Also tried to avoid Diesel due to pollution issue (was tempted by Rapid though, have a 5.5 yrs old Punto diesel too).

I finally zeroed in on a Honda City CV SVT a month back (and had one sold to my neighbour about 3 months back (!), he was gong for an MT otherwise). To my surprise, CVTs sold out across Delhi, Rajasthan and Chandigarh (checked all). There was one unit of VX CVT in Jaipur which got got sold out during my negotiation with them, thankfully.

I am going for older version as the new features in new City didn't attract me too much and the price discount was pretty sensible. Today, I see that SV CVT may not be there too and so V CVT should be at least 40-50k extra, saving me bucks further.

A friend at Honda helped me locate one last piece in Dehradun with UT color (I was indifferent to color due to mostly nice ones on City). Negotiated on a price of 9.99 ex-showroom (their list price was 10.80). As this is being bought my company, I am in process of getting the payment effected by my company. Should get sorted out in next 4-5 days, hopefully.

Checked for VIN (with TBHP threads)- its August 2016 make, I am not complaining. Asked for a colleague in Dehradun to go and check the car who did and reported OK.

Not looking for any additions as of now due to an already out-of-budget buy, other than extended warranty. Would look forward to any last week advises for taking delivery. Showroom is willing to deliver it at my doorstep (costs included in above price, 250 km drive).

[I am also selling my 7 year old Spark. Have listed on Olx, Carwale; response is decent so far, hoping to get a good price by end of this week, should list here on TBHP as well today. Insurance expiring on 3rd Feb (coincidence). Can I buy a month's insurance? Yet to check with my insurance friends.]

Thanks once again.

Last edited by modisan : 1st February 2017 at 12:42. Reason: to mention new City launch
Old 1st February 2017, 13:42   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI sources confirm that Honda Cars India will be launching the 2017 City facelift on February 14th, 2017.

Quote:
The new City though will get a revised suspension and will sit 10mm higher than the current car.

A major equipment upgrade will be the new infotainment system with Android Auto and a mobile mirror feature. This system is being co-developed with Blaupunkt. Top-spec cars will get six airbags as standard, along with leather seats and a soft-touch dashboard.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 13:45   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City facelift India launch on February 14, 2017. Refreshed Honda City to get styling tweaks and a new top-spec City ZX trim.
Link1

With bookings open in Malaysia - more details of the Honda city appears online!

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-111.jpg

Quote:
The front and rear bumpers have also been reprofiled, and the top-spec V trim gains LED headlights and fog lights, new two-tone 16-inch alloy wheels, a ducktail spoiler with integrated LED brake light and LED tail lights – the last two are not available in Thailand
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st February 2017 at 13:49.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 21:29   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda City facelift India launch on February 14, 2017.
Thanks! My RM/SE also indicated a similar launch date. Told me that the cars are in transit for them. Given a mid Feb launch, deliveries could start by end Feb (2 weeks for completing registration and payment formalities).

Regarding the Malaysian city, I see that following things are mentioned as new:
1. LED Headlights with DRLs
2. Multi Angle reverse camera (present in VX already here in India)
3. Dual tone wheels
4. Spoiler
5. LED tail lights
6. Front LED fog lights

However, other features such as 6 airbags, VSA, HSA and ESS have not been mentioned as new so assuming that these are already present in the present Malaysian City. Given this, there is a possibility that some of these do not make it to the City coming to us. I hope that I am wrong and we get a fully loaded City at least in the top variants.
Old 3rd February 2017, 00:03   #235
Senior - BHPian

I think the feature City needs the most is sixth cog for the petrol version. However, we are such soooper doooper
fans of creature comforts that we keep on talking about them (this ain't a dig at anybody, just a desi preference)
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:20   #236
BHPian

My Honda Dealer called me and confirmed opening of Pre-booking @ 51,000/- tomorrow ( 4th Feb). Steel Gray is the new colour as confirmed by him and 14th Feb is the launch.
Old 3rd February 2017, 13:06   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I think the feature City needs the most is sixth cog for the petrol version. However, we are such soooper doooper
fans of creature comforts that we keep on talking about them (this ain't a dig at anybody, just a desi preference)
Just why? It's a high revving engine and in 5th it can cruise all day at high speeds at which the light body with punny tires is at all confident inspiring.
What the City really needs is just better build quality inside and out and better, meatier tires.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 13:17   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
My Honda Dealer called me and confirmed opening of Pre-booking @ 51,000/- tomorrow ( 4th Feb). Steel Gray is the new colour as confirmed by him and 14th Feb is the launch.
Yes, my Honda dealer also called me and said that pre bookings open tomorrow (though he took my booking around 10-12 days back). He also informed me the colours of ZX CVT that have been allotted to them, I have confirmed the Golden Brown Metallic as we were confused about how the new colour would look like. It is actually the same as the one that comes in the new Accord Hybrid but the dealer does not have one on display. Hence, confirmed the colour that the wife was fine with (and I also liked in the current like up ).
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 15:50   #239
BHPian

Launch date confirmed officially by Honda India

Honda Cars India Ltd. to launch New Honda City 2017 on February 14

Source: https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediac...aspx?pr_id=393

Extract:
Honda Cars India Ltd., leading manufacturer of passenger cars in India will launch the new Honda City 2017 on 14th February 2017. The company today commenced the pre-bookings of the new car at all authorized Honda dealerships across the country with a booking amount of Rs 21,000.

The new City will come with a stylish new look and a host of new features including a new LED package, enhanced safety package and a new AVN system among others.
Simhi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 18:39   #240
Senior - BHPian

2017 Honda City Facelift Official Teaser

CarguyNish is online now   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks