Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2017, 12:57   #271
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Thanks RavenAvi, this is interesting. So does it mean the manual ZX version doesnt get the LED Tail lamps and the Trunklid ducktail spoiler with integrated LED lights (or is that fitted at the dealer end?) or is this the VX version?

The LED Tail lamps and trunk lid spoiler are clearly shown on the Honda Car India website (images posted a few pages back)
I feel this is VX version. My SE indicated that the top end for MT would be VX, don't know how true is this.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 13:05   #272
BHPian

As a three year user of 2014 Honda city i would say the biggest gripe i have with the car is the low speed ride quality over broken patches. The car just transmits everything to your bum, for less than perfect tarmac. I feel none of the reviews talk about this facet of the car, which becomes apparent only once you start using it on a day to day to basis. I hope Honda has changed the spring ratings for the update. If yes i would be first in line to get them replaced on my city.

All said and done it is the 1.5 ivtech that shines in this car. And with the slick shifting manual it becomes a joy to use. With some practice you can manage sub 10 sec 0-100 kmph runs. ( I don't promote rash driving. I do these acceleration runs only when it is safe for me/others and legal ). In a recent test done by autocar Narian Karthikeyan got the best lap times from City this side of 20 Lakhs. Beating the likes of Abarth Punto and Polo TSI. Even with this potent performance potential it gives you excellent fuel efficiency and drive ability. Hats of to the Japanese nerds who designed this engine.

Last edited by JediKnight : 6th February 2017 at 13:06. Reason: Grammatical mistake
JediKnight is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 13:06   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Interiors of the upcoming 2017 City's top variant, the ZX
Nopes, this is the VX. Zoom into the rear pic if you don't believe me
Old 6th February 2017, 13:09   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
or is this the VX version?
This is the VX version, and not the ZX as incorrectly reported by the source website. This will be the top MT variant on offer.

My sources say that the 2017 City ZX variant will come in only a single petrol CVT variant at launch. A ZX petrol MT variant is under consideration for launch at a future date.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th February 2017 at 13:10.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 13:41   #275
BHPian

I got my pre-booking done for the New City on Saturday. Unfortunately, as I didn't go personally, couldn't get more details about the delivery schedule, but nice to know that deliveries will start immediately upon launch.

On a side note, for all the ''Rubberband" bandwagon, I drove back my BRV ( CVT) from the SulaFest to Mumbai. Started at 4.15 pm from the Sula Vineyard Parking and reached Thane toll at 6.50 pm. The average for to and fro trip was 14.3 kmpl, with absolute abuse to the BRV ( Non ECO driving). With many obstacles on the NH which required getting the car to 0 and picking up speed, I fail to understand how this so called "Rubberband effect" is of any hindrance to users. Never does the car fall short of Power or punch whenever required and that too in 'D'. The engine does make a whirl loud enough to make one realise that it is getting abused, but never does it not deliver as required.

All in all, considering the brilliant FE that the Honda CVT delivers, some shortcomings can be easily ignored.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 13:53   #276
BHPian

Are we getting paddle shifts with new launch . Someone was contemplating about choosing City instead of Altis and I think it makes sense . Current Altis is under-powered than city and also FE. If six airbags , sunroof and paddle shifts makes into new facelift I think this would make City more desirable than ever .
Old 6th February 2017, 14:00   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Are we getting paddle shifts with new launch . .
Yes, the Auto variant ( atleast the ZX) will get Paddleshifts, Sunroof and airbags ( not sure on the airbags number).
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 14:25   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Yes, the Auto variant ( atleast the ZX) will get Paddleshifts, Sunroof and airbags ( not sure on the airbags number).
Yes, the ZX will get a 7speed paddle shift and 6 airbags as per images from the Honda (India) website.

Quote:
Are we getting paddle shifts with new launch .
The top end version of City AT always had paddle shifts, the facelifted version (ZX atleast) will also feature paddles
Attached Thumbnails
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-6-airbags.jpg  

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-7-speed-paddle.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 14:47   #279
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
My SE indicated that the top end for MT would be VX, don't know how true is this.
My SA said the same thing, VX to be the top-end MT and ZX is with CVT. He also said that only ZX has 6 airbags.

If this turns out to be true, Honda has messed it real time. Have asked him to confirm the feature differences between the VX and ZX, shall update the thread if he is able to get any additional information.

Some of the things he told me till now are :
1. Spare wheel to be an full-sized alloy
2. Beige interiors as of now
3. AVN will get a 7 inch screen in top-end
4. Steel gray mettalic to be somewhat like the gray which the old CRV had, a little darker.

Last edited by OSH : 6th February 2017 at 14:49.
OSH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 20:45   #280

Quote:
Are we getting paddle shifts with new launch . Someone was contemplating about choosing City instead of Altis and I think it makes sense . Current Altis is under-powered than city and also FE. If six airbags , sunroof and paddle shifts makes into new facelift I think this would make City more desirable than ever .
Yup. That's my dilemma. Altis facelift better come soon and with enough to justify the 21-23 Lakhs on road for the petrol auto. Meanwhile I am restless with the waiting
Old 6th February 2017, 22:05   #281
BHPian

I don't know how, but somehow I get the feeling that with this facelifted Honda has gone and addressed the build quality issues. From the picture given here, all the panel gaps seem very uniform and shut tight.

Looks like Honda did their homework, made a checklist of all the shortcomings and then did it right this time one by one.

Soft touch dashboard, better infotainment system, LED lights, six airbags are all very very welcome addition indeed.

Have to read the reviews still. Hope I am proven right.

Last edited by ampere : 7th February 2017 at 08:49. Reason: Fixed typos
nakul0888 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 22:50   #282
Team-BHP Support

ZX can't be an AT-only variant, because that would mean no diesel option with all bells and whistles (unless there's a diesel AT I haven't heard of).

Not saying Honda won't try something like that but it flies in the face of business sense, esp. with the upcoming Verna which will surely up the ante.
Old 7th February 2017, 08:26   #283
BHPian

For lesser variants though (SV and V), what exactly is the upgrade? The 10mm GC increase is useful though.
Old 7th February 2017, 10:23   #284
BHPian

The City has always been a looker (except for that front chrome garnish) and now has become an excellent VFM package which could potentially blow the competition out of the water.

I look forward to Honda NOT sticking their foot in their mouth with their pricing strategy because it seems that they somehow often do that and then end up backtracking.

In the older version with the paddle-shift, have any of our members remapped the petrol or made other mods to it? Would be great to hear if this platform can take some modding or has to be driven like the VW with it's glass-jaw i.e. the DSG.
Old 7th February 2017, 10:36   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
In the older version with the paddle-shift, have any of our members remapped the petrol or made other mods to it? Would be great to hear if this platform can take some modding or has to be driven like the VW with it's glass-jaw i.e. the DSG.
Member Prodigyy has installed PedalTune on his City CVT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Installed PedalTune for my Honda City CVT Vx yesterday here in Delhi.

As mentioned by Frank above, the item is a simple plug and play job and no real big modification is required, it is basically a relay that couples itself onto the A pedal of the car.

Now Honda City CVT is not exactly a tarmac burner.. but the difference PedalTune makes to the vehicle is mind boggling and borders on the overwhelming.

There is immediate power on tap and a slightest of input on the accelerator makes the car jump forward in a sense of urgency.

There are three modes to this thing, Economy (which still is more than the stock throttle response), Sport & Racing.

I initially tested on Sports mode and was blown away with the way the car was responding. It IMO is too much for city and one would rarely need the PedalTune while driving within the city limits. I on my way back to home switched it to economy mode, and believe me, even the economy mode is far far more responsive than the stock throttle inputs.

So much so, that my wife riding with me today morning asked, what have you done with the car . So much is the power on tap that a feather tap on the A pedal is all that is needed for the car to lunge forward and gallop away to do a 0-60 in no time.

Mithun (the owner) upon teambhp reference was kind enough to let me have the box on trial basis for a week, but such is the difference that PedalTune box makes that i yesterday evening itself offered to do an NEFT and keep this thing with me forever.

Anyone who wishes to know more is free to get in touch with me. I was sent a Pdf file by Mithun further explaining this thing, i'd be more than happy to share it with everyone on the forum (Not sure if i am allowed to upload that thing here).
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks