Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 14:34   #196
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

I was trying to figure out any difference in the interior of the upgraded model and I think I found one. The cool blue dials are now gone and have been replaced with white one's.

The difference is easily notable in the second image of the link http://indianautosblog.com/2017/01/2...da-city-254994
//M6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 15:15   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M6 View Post
I was trying to figure out any difference in the interior of the upgraded model and I think I found one. The cool blue dials are now gone and have been replaced with white one's.

The difference is easily notable in the second image of the link http://indianautosblog.com/2017/01/2...da-city-254994
There are hardly any changes except for the front. Other minute and small changes don't strike at the first go.

They should bring this Blue colour here. It looks fantastic and also would look exclusive as in a different model than the current one.
Old 14th January 2017, 22:54   #198
BHPian

Real question is, will Honda continue using cheap plastics and other cost cutting measures or will they step up and give this car the interiors, exterior build and paint quality that it deserves? The only reason I couldn't go for it was poor quality. My friend bought a top of the line VX same time as I got my Fiesta and his car has aged poorly. It already​ looks older than the 2007 City of my neighbour.
Old 15th January 2017, 00:08   #199
BHPian

With regards to cost cutting, the quality of plastics may not be that different, but they have finally managed to be sensible enough to provide cladding for the inside of the boot. That is a step in the right direction.

Hopefully the rest of the cost cutting measures are similarly arrested. The ride quality? Well, it may be a bit too much to expect changes to the ride quality in a facelift, but they might just have to do that to stay relevant.

I also heard that the are planning on making the ZX variant to be competing with the Hyundai Elantra! I don't believe that because it just doesn't make sense! If they deck up the car like the Elantra and price it similarly, would anyone want to spend that much money on a City?

Let's just wait for the official launch by early Feb.
Old 15th January 2017, 07:07   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I don't believe that because it just doesn't make sense! If they deck up the car like the Elantra and price it similarly, would anyone want to spend that much money on a City?
It depends. If the top end variant of City comes with six airbags, LED lights etc, then it can eat into lower variants of Elantra and Altis (both of them do not come with 6 airbags in lower variants. Altis does not have it even on top variant).
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 11:58   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

The Indian version of the 2017 Honda City facelift has been snapped undisguised at a dealer's yard, ahead of it's launch in early February.

Interestingly, it is the long-rumoured upcoming all-new top variant, the ZX, which has been captured on camera.

Quote:
The ZX variant will now be the top variant and will come with features like auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, auto folding mirrors, full LED headlights and taillights, LED fog lights, LED roof lamps, auto dimming interior mirror, 7″ infotainment system with Android auto and voice recognition, soft touch dashboard at some places, lots of chrome and silver accents and alloy wheel spare tyre.
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-hondacityfaceliftzxfront.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-hondacityfaceliftzxrear.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-hondacityzxfaceliftinterior.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-hondacityfaceliftzxreadinglights.jpg

Autos Arena

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th January 2017 at 12:03.
RavenAvi is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 12:01   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Indian version of the 2017 Honda City facelift has been snapped undisguised at a dealer's yard, ahead of it's launch in early February.

Interestingly, it is the rumoured upcoming all-new top variant, the ZX, which has been captured on camera.
Isn't that a paddle behind the steering wheel? That means ZX AT is coming. If true, then good job Honda for bringing top spec in AT.

Panel gaps around the boot lid looks the same as in the pre facelift (ugly?). Build quality maybe the same.

Last edited by deerhunter : 15th January 2017 at 12:12.
deerhunter is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 12:17   #203
BHPian

Quote:

Interestingly, it is the long-rumoured upcoming all-new top variant, the ZX, which has been captured
Thanks for this RavenAvi. This ZX variant looks like the CVT one. There is a touch screen and I can also see the sun roof. This is good news. Is that the blue colour that we have seen in the Thai facelift?

Hearing that the RM training is during the next week. Let's see when Honda starts taking bookings.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 15th January 2017 at 12:19.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 12:32   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Interestingly, it is the long-rumoured upcoming all-new top variant, the ZX, which has been captured on camera.
Thanks RavenAvi. Any info on safety and security? Hope they match the malyasian version and provide 6 airbags, vehicle stability assist (VSA), Hill Start Assist (HSA) etc.
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 14:25   #205
BHPian

Quote:

Autos Arena
If they have done all this in the new top end variant than a price hike of 30-50k is surely on the cards. If Honda India really want to be the segment leader again than they should keep the price intact and Ciaz/Maruti-Suzuki will feel the heat instantly.
//M6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 17:43   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M6 View Post
If they have done all this in the new top end variant than a price hike of 30-50k is surely on the cards. If Honda India really want to be the segment leader again than they should keep the price intact and Ciaz/Maruti-Suzuki will feel the heat instantly.
With these changes which seem to be significant over current car, I guess this new 'ZX' Trim will be at least 80k-100k more then the current Top End VX.

Also, I don't think Honda will absorb some cost & price it cheaper, that's not possible with this Japanese Giant (They actually don't have the word & meaning of Cheap Pricing in thier Dictionary ).

This is thier most Important Product in India & they have made sure that the car remains competitive till the next gen is launched in 2019/20. Way to go Honda .
CarguyNish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 12:06   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Is that international spec touchscreen found in Hondas abroad? The same unit is offered as an accessory by Honda Dealers in India. I was offered it for around 60-70K during my Jazz VX purchase. Correct me if I am wrong.

In my opinion, this touchscreen should have been provided by Honda on current VX variants of Jazz and City rather than the current ones.

Now they are doing it with added cost which is equivalent to accessory cost, then how has Honda helped us.

Last edited by varunswnt : 16th January 2017 at 12:12.
Old 16th January 2017, 13:02   #208
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Is that international spec touchscreen found in Hondas abroad? The same unit is offered as an accessory by Honda Dealers in India. I was offered it for around 60-70K during my Jazz VX purchase.
According to the information floating around, this system is co-developed with blaupunkt for the City facelift. It is rumoured to have navigation, android auto and some sort of mobile screen-mirroring application.

I dont think this same unit was available as an dealer accessory for the Jazz and current City, but there was some AVN system they used to offer for around 35,000 approx.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 13:38   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
According to the information floating around, this system is co-developed with blaupunkt for the City facelift. It is rumoured to have navigation, android auto and some sort of mobile screen-mirroring application.
We were hearing about Apple Carplay as well. Has Honda dropped it and will give only Android auto?
Old 16th January 2017, 14:18   #210
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
We were hearing about Apple Carplay as well. Has Honda dropped it and will give only Android auto?
No idea if we will get Apple Carplay.

Earlier in this thread, there was a picture posted which showed a spec sheet of the audio system where "iphone : X (show only)" was written for smartphone link, but for android it was written HDMI mirroring, so I guess the "X" there indicated the feature not being present.

Nothing is still confirmed, but even Autocar India's article said Android Auto will be present but nothing was mentioned about Apple Carplay.

Last edited by OSH : 16th January 2017 at 14:30.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks