Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2016, 22:53   #91
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
Should I go in for current SV CVT with almost a lakh of discount OTR price or wait for new facelift city which would not have discounts and maybe 50k more expensive or will it be more ?

I'm currently using the 3rd gen city manual transmission with sunroof. Please advise.
Go for it . Just curious how much on road for sv cvt?. I was able to negotiate only 40k.
Old 25th December 2016, 11:32   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Go for it . Just curious how much on road for sv cvt?. I was able to negotiate only 40k.

11.3 Lak OTR Delhi

What is the expected price for 2017 city ?
Old 26th December 2016, 08:31   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City Facelift to be launched in Thailand on Jan 12th, India launch to follow later part of the month.

Link

Teaser to its release in the Thai site, all details
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-1.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-2.jpg

Specific to Thailand,
There are new color choices are Blue Cosmic Blue Metallicas senior Civic FC (by replacing the blue Live Brilliant SportyBlue Metallic original)interior is black all Black, all variants withseat black sporty design.

Link

Last edited by SDP : 26th December 2016 at 08:47. Reason: Quoted post deleted.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 12:29   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Thanks for the info. I just hope that CVT is made available in vx+.
Exactly my worry too. I too wouldn't mind paying for a VX + version for a CVT. Honda's apprehension would be the OTR cost that a VX+ CVT would reach. They can atleast keep the option of offering the said option only upon booking, if they are scared of offering it off-the- shelf.
Going by the BRV offerings, I am quite sure they will follow the same route of a scaled down CVT and top trim in MT.
Old 26th December 2016, 17:41   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda to bring back ‘City ZX’ moniker; to be launched in January 2017

Quote:
Honda will bring back the ‘City ZX’ name for the 2017 car which is likely to come with LED headlamps too. Also, the updated City’s front bumper gets a more prominent air dam and fog lamp enclosures. Moving on to the back, the bumper sees changes and the tail-lamps get prominent LED inserts that mimic Honda’s latest design language seen on the Civic and the all-new CR-V. In addition, the City will get more chrome bits on the boot lid along with an integrated spoiler with a centre-mounted wide LED stop light.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th December 2016 at 17:44.
Old 27th December 2016, 12:08   #96
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
As an owner of the current Honda City, the most important thing for Honda to do is to improve the quality of the vehicle. Bring back the faith that people have in a Honda with their older generation models.

Hyundai is maintaining their sales for all its models despite severe competition from market leader Maruti. This is because of their quality fit and finish along with good looking vehicles. Honda used to enjoy similar brand value that is Hyundai currently enjoying but starting with Amaze its started diminishing along with their quality of the vehicles.
Hyundai is hardly the benchmark for quality. We had a Santro where the engine firewall plate totally got rusted within 7 years (which hasn't happened with any other of our cars) and had to do some patch work and sell it off. Also currently have an i10 Automatic which has its own share of niggles. You get a good price and a long feature list with Hyundai, not much more. And their service station advisors are absolute crooks, much worse than Honda or Maruti.
mxh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 18:24   #97
Senior - BHPian

IAB's SRK has rendered the Face of the Upcoming City Facelift.
Looks like a Mix of Jazz & New Civic.
Grille is a lot slimmer now, while the Headlamps get chrome lining.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-2017hondacityfaceliftfrontend.jpg

Source
Old 27th December 2016, 18:57   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Exactly my worry too. I too wouldn't mind paying for a VX + version for a CVT. Honda's apprehension would be the OTR cost that a VX+ CVT would reach. They can atleast keep the option of offering the said option only upon booking, if they are scared of offering it off-the- shelf.
Going by the BRV offerings, I am quite sure they will follow the same route of a scaled down CVT and top trim in MT.
+1. I am waiting for the facelift for the very reason that it would get a good update over the existing city and I am also willing to pay the additional money for all the expected goodies/safety features over the VX. The only hope is that in the existing variant lineup VX and VX (O), AVN was the only difference and hence it is possible that we might get CVT in VX+ which expected to be more substantial over the exiting VX (O). Otherwise I would be paying a lakh over the 2016 discounted price without much value add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
IAB's SRK has rendered the Face of the Upcoming City Facelift.
Looks like a Mix of Jazz & New Civic.
Grille is a lot slimmer now, while the Headlamps get chrome lining.
The slimmer Grill looks neat. Read less chrome bling.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 27th December 2016 at 18:59.
Old 29th December 2016, 13:52   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City facelift spied, shows its nose and the rear tail lights - The prominent mustache is very much there.

Quote:
Looks like a compact version of the Civic is primarily from the front and from the rear still retained the same lamp shape, just order the lamps mingled and the presence of the path LED.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-2017hondacityfrontfascialeakedimage.jpg
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-111.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th December 2016 at 13:59.
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 14:07   #100
BHPian

wonderful find volk now its a brio on the front and ciaz at the back. Great modifications honda. Its like local modification walas are having tough time with car companies. And their children are hired as designers.
west is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 14:27   #101
MCR
BHPian

The facelift is very minor. Honda have made a few changes to the front bumper like addition of a few lines and lower chrome lip. The front honeycomb grill and upper lip have been changed. The headlight units have a new LED light guide. They may also have projectors on low beam. The rear gets LED light units and the bumper gets a honey comb insert. A spoiler with a brake lamp is added. Brake lamp from the rear of the cabin is removed.
Absolutely no changes in the sheet metal parts.

Should wait for the features list to see if there are any updates there!
Old 29th December 2016, 15:45   #102
BHPian

Is it just me or does the front look actually worse than the current gen? This is how the Amaze facelift happened - they said "bold" front in ads/launch event, and on roads, it looks ghastly.

EDIT: Are you sure this is the Indian version? The site is at least not Indian.

Last edited by quadmaniac : 29th December 2016 at 15:46.
quadmaniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 19:49   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Is it just me or does the front look actually worse than the current gen? This is how the Amaze facelift happened - they said "bold" front in ads/launch event, and on roads, it looks ghastly.
I booked the current version and your comments make me happy !!

With all the december discounts and the speculated price hike in january and finally the facelift which seems minor, makes my day. I feel I got a great deal out of it.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 20:36   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
The facelift is very minor. Honda have made a few changes to the front bumper like addition of a few lines and lower chrome lip. Absolutely no changes in the sheet metal parts.
Should wait for the features list to see if there are any updates there!

That's what the Facelift is all about. It's actually Fac(ial) Lift(ing). Hence, you see some slightly different elements of the Headlamps, new bumpers, wheels etc. Every car goes through this process once in its life cycle (in 3-4 years post launch). And Facelift doesn't involve sheet metal changes.

Features will be added to make it even more competitive & to compensate the higher price tag. Expect lower Variants to get some additional features from higher end trims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post

EDIT: Are you sure this is the Indian version? The site is at least not Indian.
Worse or Beautiful, it's a personal thing, but if you compare the old & new one side by side, there isn't much difference. The Headlamps now have LED elements in them, which gives it a new look, while the grille is now slimmer (many didn't like the thick chrome bar of earlier one). Amaze was a bit messed up, i will agree on that (Especially on Light shades). But that's what the Facelift is about. Minor changes.

Yes, location where the car has been spied is definitely Malaysia or Thailand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
I booked the current version and your comments make me happy !!

With all the december discounts and the speculated price hike in january and finally the facelift which seems minor, makes my day. I feel I got a great deal out of it.
To wait of not to wait, it's a personal choice. But, one thing is for sure, each & every True Honda (Old City/Old Jazz/Civic/Accord/CRV), all these were better lookers when they were given mid cycle refresh/Facelift. I expect the same with this City as well, just like the old one (3rd Gen) launched in 2011.

You have been offered good discounts, so you can go ahead. But in case the changes are more & the price increase isn't much (in range of 25-40k), you'll feel disappointed.

So, my suggestion is to wait till next month (Speculated to launch in January 2017). See the car in person, and you can get new one if you like it, or else the dealer will be having some left over one's where you can bargain (Since it's an older model) and get it at an even higher discounted price. Decide yourself.
CarguyNish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 21:03   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

OMG! The lower part of the front bumper and the rear looks so similar to the ciaz. Now onwards I think i need to look for the shark fin antenna to differentiate between the two during day time, when seen from the rear.

Outgoing city looks great. Only gripe was the NVH of IDTEC, I hope it has been addressed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks