Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2016, 18:42   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Except for the alloys, this looks like the Honda Greiz, a restyled Chinese version of the City- the grill and the swooping cut in the front door looks straight out of the Greiz.
Looks like we will be getting a re-skinned version of the Greiz next year, then.

Bet the facelift will be:

same engine options + Greiz styling tweaks + halogen projectors + increase in prices.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-untitled.gif
(Zauba)
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 07:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Honda needs it and how! But I doubt there will be sheet metal changes. The doors and all should look the same. The aggressive lines on the Greiz will not make it here. Apart from enthusiasts, no one will notice these and its just too costly a change. It looks good though.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 16:24   #33
BHPian

@RavenAvi - Could you please check with your Honda birdies if a launch date has been set for the facelift launch.
Old 20th October 2016, 12:42   #34
BHPian

Honda is sending out more Honda Citys to the dealers than usual. Could this be a sign that they are clearing existing stock to make way for the face-lift?
Old 20th October 2016, 14:50   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Honda is sending out more Honda Citys to the dealers than usual. Could this be a sign that they are clearing existing stock to make way for the face-lift?
Lot of folks switch to option 2 based in waiting time. So this might be in anticipation of the festive season. You can't guess for sure.
Shashankjk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 16:53   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit73 View Post
@RavenAvi - Could you please check with your Honda birdies if a launch date has been set for the facelift launch.
No finalised date yet, but I am hearing about an end-Jan 2017 launch, with a possible media drive in December 2016.

The City facelift's petrol lineup will be upgraded from a 5-speed MT box to a 6-speed MT. Rest is expected to remain the same, engine/technical specs-wise.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 20:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
The hybrid version of our Honda City, aka the Grace was launched in JDM in 2015. It already has features like projector lamps which I think Honda will just incorporate in the Indian version.
Another trick up the sleeve? Honda imports a single unit of City Hybrid (i.e. Grace in Japan) for R&D testing. If launched along with the facelift, it would be in direct competition to Ciaz SHVS Hybrid.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-capture.jpg

Source: Zauba
Senna4Ever is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 11:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India reports that the City facelift will be launched in India in 2017. It will likely be based on the Greiz sedan sold in China.
dZired is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 12:28   #39
Mtv
BHPian

It looks nicer than the current car.

Though, I can already see it with a garish chrome grille, tiny rims, and ungodly wheel arch gaps.
Old 27th October 2016, 13:04   #40
BANNED

Most cars in a particular segment look similar in design anyway. What happened to automobile designers in the last few years? Look at the tacky designs from Mahindra! (No offense to anyone).
The C segment in India, has cars that look identical. Is it based on some market research on what will sell?
The City always goes for the sophisticated look, i wish they would try a macho/butch look, atleast just a little, or maybe thats not what the brand is known for.
Old 27th October 2016, 16:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

No mention about the six speed manual GB for the petrol. Any Idea?

They do have the gearbox ready as it's used in the BR-V.
Old 1st November 2016, 15:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Honda City facelift won't look similar to Greiz sedan

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Honda is expected to launch the facelifted City in India next year. While it was previously speculated that the new City will be based on the Honda Greiz sedan which is currently on sale in China, latest information coming in suggests that the India-spec City facelift will be different from the Greiz, and will feature styling cues that will be inspired by the new-gen Civic.

If these rumours do come out to be true, the facelifted City will likely get exhaustive updates on the outside. Earlier reports that mentioned the City facelift to be based on the Greiz also pointed that the facelifted model will get an updated front and rear end, while the side profile will remain essentially the same. However, if the new City's styling is inspired by the Civic, the side profile will need to be tweaked in order to ensure seamless proportion of the overall design.

It is also being reported that Honda is currently in the process of transporting prototypes of the facelifted City for commercial advertisement shoots. This indicates that the automaker is planning to launch the new model in the near future.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 1st November 2016 at 15:59.
dZired is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 17:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Rumour: Honda City facelift won't look similar to Greiz sedan

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Honda is expected to launch the facelifted City in India next year. While it was previously speculated that the new City will be based on the Honda Greiz sedan which is currently on sale in China, latest information coming in suggests that the India-spec City facelift will be different from the Greiz, and will feature styling cues that will be inspired by the new-gen Civic.

If these rumours do come out to be true, the facelifted City will likely get exhaustive updates on the outside. Earlier reports that mentioned the City facelift to be based on the Greiz also pointed that the facelifted model will get an updated front and rear end, while the side profile will remain essentially the same. However, if the new City's styling is inspired by the Civic, the side profile will need to be tweaked in order to ensure seamless proportion of the overall design.

It is also being reported that Honda is currently in the process of transporting prototypes of the facelifted City for commercial advertisement shoots. This indicates that the automaker is planning to launch the new model in the near future.

Link to Team-BHP News
I doubt that this is true. I think it will eventually be more like the current one but with a different face.
Sheet metal changes cost a lot of money and investment for vendors and the manufacturer. Facelifts are limited to lights, grills, bumpers and ICE (interiors) for a reason. Unless Honda plans to use the same platform to make the next generation City (reskinned completely), i don't believe that we will see any changes in the side profile of the face-lifted car. In a very optimistic way i could believe that they would make some changes in the cut of the bonnet and the rear boot to accommodate a different grill and lights.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 18:32   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I doubt that this is true. I think it will eventually be more like the current one but with a different face.
Sheet metal changes cost a lot of money and investment for vendors and the manufacturer. Facelifts are limited to lights, grills, bumpers and ICE (interiors) for a reason. Unless Honda plans to use the same platform to make the next generation City (reskinned completely), i don't believe that we will see any changes in the side profile of the face-lifted car. In a very optimistic way i could believe that they would make some changes in the cut of the bonnet and the rear boot to accommodate a different grill and lights.
I get where you are coming from, but considering that the City has been losing a lot of sales to the Ciaz, and the competition from the new Verna expected to launch, it may be mandatory for the company to make changes, regardless of the cost to keep the City relevant. No other City has had so many complaints, and so Honda may just be getting rid of the 4th gen City image fully and focus on getting the top spot in sales again.

Honda did do a massive facelift of the Amaze and the Brio and they did change the entire dashboard, something unheard of in a facelift, just get the sales back. And Honda cannot afford to lose City sales to competition as it is their most successful product.
Old 1st November 2016, 19:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I get where you are coming from, but considering that the City has been losing a lot of sales to the Ciaz, and the competition from the new Verna expected to launch, it may be mandatory for the company to make changes, regardless of the cost to keep the City relevant. No other City has had so many complaints, and so Honda may just be getting rid of the 4th gen City image fully and focus on getting the top spot in sales again.

Honda did do a massive facelift of the Amaze and the Brio and they did change the entire dashboard, something unheard of in a facelift, just get the sales back. And Honda cannot afford to lose City sales to competition as it is their most successful product.
The Current city is the best City ever made. I think these issues with quality are being blown out of proportion. In fact the current one has be hugely successful. The Ciaz is cheaper and offers a lot of what the City offers and hence it has won on Price Price and Price. Being newer to the market also helps. The Brio and Amaze had terrible dashboards and it was almost a must to change. Anyone and everyone complained about the shape of the thing (also they were market Duds in many ways) . Remember the dashboard redesign allowed them to change it in 4 different products simultaneously and hence the costs were divided over 4 cars (amaze, brio, mobilio and BRV).
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks