Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2017, 14:53   #211
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Is that international spec touchscreen found in Hondas abroad? The same unit is offered as an accessory by Honda Dealers in India. I was offered it for around 60-70K during my Jazz VX purchase. Correct me if I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
I dont think this same unit was available as an dealer accessory for the Jazz and current City, but there was some AVN system they used to offer for around 35,000 approx.
https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...292188.html?p2

I was shown this unit fitted to a Jazz V and City SV to be delivered to customers. The one in scoop comes with volume rocker knob missing in the above url.
Old 17th January 2017, 10:58   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
With these changes which seem to be significant over current car, I guess this new 'ZX' Trim will be at least 80k-100k more then the current Top End VX.

This is their most Important Product in India & they have made sure that the car remains competitive till the next gen is launched in 2019/20. Way to go Honda .
Can there be a possibility of lower models retaining 2017 pricing (which is already in) and minimum additional features (other than the facelift of course) and ZX being the pricier one with most of the new features? Or could prices be lower to get more aggressive with ZX meeting demands for new features with higher pricing?
Old 20th January 2017, 22:17   #213
BHPian

I had a word with an RM at Linkway Honda and as per him the launch is in Feb end and they have started pre bookings. Booking amount is 51k, though refundable I think it's on a higher side considering the bigger Hexa had only 11k as the booking amount. The RM was pushing the existing city stating discounts and said that the facelift is a minor one. As expected, he did not reveal any details.

Any one heard about the launch?
Old 20th January 2017, 22:42   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I had a word with an RM at Linkway Honda and as per him the launch is in Feb end and they have started pre bookings. The RM was pushing the existing city stating discounts and said that the facelift is a minor one. As expected, he did not reveal any details.

Any one heard about the launch?
What your RM has said is a Pakka Salesman Tactic. Many people will be fooled by the words of these guys. He will be directed to clear the existing stocks. Genuine Buyers, Don't believe such guys. Make sure you do enough research before buying one.

Regarding launch date, Since the Facelifts have already started shipping. I expect launch before February End.

Honda charges 51k for most of thier cars, as long as it's fully refundable, one should not be worried.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 11:43   #215
BHPian

Quote:
What your RM has said is a Pakka Salesman Tactic. Many people will be fooled by the words of these guys. He will be directed to clear the existing stocks. Genuine Buyers, Don't believe such guys.
+1 to that. Would have bought the old one long back if I was not waiting for the facelift or so I think. Still confused between city and Hexa (already booked one), though that's a discussion for a different thread.

Quote:
Honda charges 51k for most of thier cars, as long as it's fully refundable, one should not be worried.
I agree.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 11:50   #216
BHPian

I checked with Arya Honda saleperson with whom I was associated while purchasing the BRV and he said bookings open on 2nd Feb with deliveries in late Feb.
He too mentioned large unsold stock of Current City with all dealers, which is why the launch/delivery has been delayed till Feb 2017.
I am buying the ZX Auto for sure and discarding my Innova. With the new City, my stable would have a BRV, Old Automatic City ( which is due for replacement too, maybe with the new Corolla) and the new City.
All eggs in Honda's basket!

Last edited by riteshritesh : 21st January 2017 at 11:53.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 00:32   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I am buying the ZX Auto for sure and discarding my Innova.
All eggs in Honda's basket!
Same here, I am getting inclined towards city ZX AT. Mostly will cancel the Hexa booking and book the city. Just too long a wait though.
Old 23rd January 2017, 20:18   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Same here, I am getting inclined towards city ZX AT. Mostly will cancel the Hexa booking and book the city. Just too long a wait though.
Booked the New City today with Linkway Honda, Mumbai. As per the RM, they are expecting official launch/pricing by 10th-11th Feb and cars in their stock yard after 15th Feb.

I checked about the changes:
1. Asked about tyre size, he said the 16 inchers will come with 185 section tyres
2. He did not confirm ZX variant for CVT, however, the details shared by RavenAvi do point out to a ZX CVT
3. He said that that ZX variant will come with 6 airbags. If this is true, it would really be great

Eagerly waiting for more details
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 09:20   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

After Thailand, face lift Honda City to debut in Malaysia on Feb 1st.

India launch speculated to be in the second week of Feb.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-brosurhondacityfacelift2017.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th January 2017 at 09:31.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 14:32   #220
OSH
BHPian

Cross-posting this picture from the Honda WR-V thread.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-tapatalk_14854206367141.jpg

The City facelift is seen with a different set of alloys, looks like the VX variant, which will sit below the top-end ZX variant.

Last edited by OSH : 26th January 2017 at 14:34.
Old 26th January 2017, 21:53   #221
BHPian

My would be brother in-law works at a very senior position in honda india (northern region) He informed me today that New City will be launched on 14th Feb
Blue_Pearl is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 09:57   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Pearl View Post
My would be brother in-law works at a very senior position in honda india (northern region) He informed me today that New City will be launched on 14th Feb
Thanks for the info Blue_Pearl. Any info on the pricing so far? Some of us are confused with the existing model, and the new model wouldn't make sense if the hikes are anything more than marginal, what with the pretty good discounts going on even for the 2017 mfg models.
Old 30th January 2017, 16:11   #223
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! More details on the Honda City Facelift

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Honda will soon be launching the 2017 City facelift in India. Ahead of its official unveiling, some details about the upcoming car have been leaked.

According to the information available, the City facelift will be offered in 5 colours: Orchid Pearl White, Alabaster Silver, Carnelian Red Pearl, Golden Brown and Steel Grey. The Taffeta White shade available with the current model will not be on offer with the facelift, while the Urban Titanium colour will be replaced with Steel Grey.

Variants on offer with the City facelift will likely include S (MT), SV (MT), V (MT and CVT), VX (MT and CVT) and ZX (CVT). The ZX trim will be car's new top-end variant. The image attached below is of the VX variant. While the V variant will come with 15-inch alloys, the VX and ZX trims will get larger 16-inch wheels. The VX and ZX models will also include LED headlights and fog lamps, leather seats and electronic sunroof. Meanwhile, features like push button start/stop and the new 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation will be offered on V, VX and ZX variants. The leaked information suggests that Honda will offer DRLs as standard across the City's variant line-up.

The City facelift has already reached various Honda dealerships across the country. An official launch will be announced soon. It will be competing against the Maruti Ciaz, Volkswagen Vento and Skoda Rapid.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city1.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 30th January 2017 at 16:15.
dZired is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 16:48   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
The VX and ZX models will also include LED headlights and fog lamps, leather seats and electronic sunroof. Meanwhile, features like push button start/stop and the new 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation will be offered on V, VX and ZX variants.
Any information on feature differences between VX and ZX variants?
Old 30th January 2017, 17:06   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Any information on feature differences between VX and ZX variants?
My Wild Guess,

1. Automatic Headlamps
2. Automatic Wipers
3. Auto Dimming IRVMs
4. Rear Integrated Spoiler with HMSL.

It's good that Honda is offering CVT on V Trim, which wasn't the case earlier. But, when Honda does that, I am sure Honda will be blamed again for not offering a CVT in S/SV Trim when you have VX & ZX (Top Spec Trims) with CVT Option.

One thing Honda have done well is the Equipment Levels. They don't want to be left behind by New Verna & Updated Ciaz. Now, let's hope the prices are as good as they were during launch in Early 2014.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 30th January 2017 at 17:11.
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks