Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2017, 15:34   #256
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
It's 175 BTW. And coming from a current owner and regular highway driver, it does the job well.

I totally agree on your mini SUV comment. Those cars are ridiculous. The space in the City is unbeatable. In fact, the back seat is much better than even an X1 for example if all seats are occupied!
Oops! Thanks for the correction. I drive a Linea TJet and my brother-in-law owns the City. Whenever I drive it, all I could think of is how better would the manners be if it came shod with say 195 or better still 205 section tyres.
Old 4th February 2017, 16:09   #257
BHPian

Dear Registered Customer. Catch a sneak peek into the New Honda City 2017 with host of exciting features. http://bit.ly/2krykE2

Message by Honda. Provided feature list as well.
Old 5th February 2017, 08:32   #258
Senior - BHPian

It seems that Honda is finally taken up matters in hand and are definitely inspired by how seriously Hyundai took up Sedan / C-2 segment with Verna. A well loaded car with sweet i-VTEC engine can do wonders for City.

The launch of all new Verna is put on hold by Hyundai and they will closely watching launch of new City. It is all the more important for Honda to ensure that they don't compromise on anything including "Best in class pricing" too.

All the best Honda !

Last edited by i74js : 5th February 2017 at 08:34.
Old 5th February 2017, 10:40   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

The front of the 2017 facelift's TD car:

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-16473324_1194504097329682_3328950360747822288_n.jpg

From Facebook.

RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 14:34   #260

guys the ZX definitely looks like a great deal. I want to replace my city which is about 5 years old to an automatic. I was thinking of corolla AT petrol but now this is making me wonder. My budget is 20L so the Octavia (which I love) is ruled out. I don't find Cruze all that inspiring. Don't know if Honda will come out with Civic. I read on team-bhp that they won't. Any tips? Also I hear corolla is also coming with a facelift by next month. Does anyone know for sure?
hasanahmed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 16:29   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanahmed View Post
Any tips? Also I hear corolla is also coming with a facelift by next month. Does anyone know for sure?
There is no official news from Toyota on Altis facelift launch date in India but it is rumored that it will launch in March. With 20lacs budget you should wait for Altis facelift launch. I had taken test drive of both City CVT and Altis CVT and Altis CVT is far better with less rubber band effect. This may be due to larger 1.8 engine compared to City 1.5.
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 21:27   #262
BHPian

Is Honda going to offer twin airbags as standard equipment in the facelifted City? I feel it was a very regressive step to knock off the passenger airbag in the lower trims of the 2014 City offered in India.
Old 5th February 2017, 23:05   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei View Post
Is Honda going to offer twin airbags as standard equipment in the facelifted City? I feel it was a very regressive step to knock off the passenger airbag in the lower trims of the 2014 City offered in India.
Current City comes with Dual Airbags as Standard. Even in 2014, only the Basic E MT version didn't have a Passenger Airbag (Now it does). But that version hardly sold. I haven't seen a single E variant since launch. Not even as a cab.

Coming to updated City, I expect VX & ZX to be equipped with 6 Airbags. (Assuming VX, since ZX has been confirmed to get them). And, just like current city, other models (S, SV, V) will have Dual Airbags & ABS with EBD as standard.

This is a norm rather being a fancy feature. Any car today without Airbags (Standard/Optional) is like a Home without Roof. But, with safety being a paramount, I am dreaming of a car with more safety features then Fancy Features.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 08:15   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Current City comes with Dual Airbags as Standard. Even in 2014, only the Basic E MT version didn't have a Passenger Airbag (Now it does). But that version hardly sold. I haven't seen a single E variant since launch. Not even as a cab.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I would beg to differ here, since we have a 2015 SV variant. The reason I did not go for either the E or S is because of a lack of passenger side airbag (and of course the interiors). Twin airbags were being offered starting from the SV variant.

Last edited by ampere : 6th February 2017 at 08:58. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Ajay_Sensei is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 08:59   #265
BHPian

If you see the City from Thailand, the SV trim comes quite well loaded with a decent AVN etc:

BUT - when this comes to India, what are the chances of us getting this vs the usual ugly tiny single DIN monochrome display audio system?

I hope for a change this trend of cutting features for India alone is reversed by Honda.
Old 6th February 2017, 09:27   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but I would beg to differ here, since we have a 2015 SV variant. The reason I did not go for either the E or S is because of a lack of passenger side airbag (and of course the interiors). Twin airbags were being offered starting from the SV variant.
Yes, you are right. Just checked the old brochure and found that E & S have only Driver Airbag. But, now they come with Dual Airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
If you see the City from Thailand, the SV trim comes quite well loaded with a decent AVN etc

BUT - when this comes to India, what are the chances of us getting this vs the usual ugly tiny single DIN monochrome display audio system?

I hope for a change this trend of cutting features for India alone is reversed by Honda.
Don't get confused, the SV variant of Thailand & Indian Spec City are completely different. There SV is top spec variant. There is also a SV+ variant which gets some additional kit. That SV is what VX is to us.

But, having said that even the SV in current city was decently packed with features.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 10:18   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

FE's of the India bound 2017 Honda City

Quote:
The India-spec option, then the specification in Thailand as well as the idea.

A second engine is a 1.5 i-VTEC and 1.5 i-DTEC diesel paired with gear 5MT, CVT and 6MT model in the diesel engine.

With fuel consumption of 17.4 km / L, 18.0 km / L and 25.6 km / L, respectively
Honda
Old 6th February 2017, 10:55   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the 2017 Honda City TD car, in white:

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-c1.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-c2.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-c3.jpg

Sent by a friend on WhatsApp.

RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 11:45   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Interiors of the upcoming 2017 City's top variant, the ZX, have been snapped by an AutoBlog India reader.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-c1.jpeg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-c2.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 12:18   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Interiors of the upcoming 2017 City's top variant, the ZX, have been snapped by an AutoBlog India reader.
Thanks RavenAvi, this is interesting. So does it mean the manual ZX version doesnt get the LED Tail lamps and the Trunklid ducktail spoiler with integrated LED lights (or is that fitted at the dealer end?) or is this the VX version?

The LED Tail lamps and trunk lid spoiler are clearly shown on the Honda Car India website (images posted a few pages back)
uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks