Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2006, 20:17   #61
BHPian

So, Hyundai Verna finally launched here in Mumbai 1 hour ago. Check out final specs and prices at Hyundai Verna India's own site

http://www.hyundaiverna.co.in/

Pricing? This is what I was expecting it to be; Rs.621,499-735,499. Cool, bye bye Accent!
Old 26th September 2006, 13:12   #62
BHPian

It came up in today's Deccan Chronicle paper of Hyderabad that Hyundai Motors is launching the Verna for 6.3 & 6.95 for the Petrol variants, and 7.35 for the Diesel Variant. ( The exact figure mentioned i dont have rite now, but it was something like this.) The prices stated are ex-showroom Delhi.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 26th September 2006 at 13:17.
Old 26th September 2006, 14:40   #63
Team-BHP Support

http://hyundaiverna.co.in/verna.asp?pagename=feature

This is the feature list
Old 26th September 2006, 16:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

I am sure verna will beat NHC with close margin and fiesta with huge margin. It has got all goodies, now only thing one should check is its ride quality and suspension for indian roads. After test drive we will know about it

Pricing and features really great.

Ravi.
Old 26th September 2006, 16:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

When I read the Verna website http://hyundaiverna.co.in/verna.asp?pagename=feature one disappointing thing I noticed immediately at least as per information provided in this website is:

Diesel has only one variant thats VGT which is more than 1 lakh costlier than Petrol basic variant "i" which does not make sense or may be diesel engine is very much refined and gives awesome FE compared to petrol. Otherwise Diesel VGT won't make sense even If we cover more than 1 lakh kilometers also petrol will be cheaper than diesel, if we calculate the mathematics of our running/maintenance cost, it looks very funny for me.

Diesel is too costly and offers only basic features of whats offered in Petrol varinat "i" except "Front Portable Ashtray" not sure if its mistake
in the website...

Even Accent has same drawback of huge price difference between petrol and Diesel which explains why only basic features offered with diesel variant. Unless we cover more than 50,000 kilometers in short time diesel variant won't make sense to buy.

This is my person opinion, so i hope no one feel bad on my comment.

Ravi.
Old 26th September 2006, 16:23   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
Diesel has only one variant thats VGT which is more than 1 lakh costlier than Petrol basic variant "i" which does not make sense or may be diesel engine is very much refined and gives awesome FE compared to petrol. Otherwise Diesel VGT won't make sense even If we cover more than 1 lakh kilometers also petrol will be cheaper than diesel, if we calculate the mathematics of our running/maintenance cost, it looks very funny for me.....
Have a look at this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/299551-post130.html
Old 26th September 2006, 16:54   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
When I read the Verna website http://hyundaiverna.co.in/verna.asp?pagename=feature one disappointing thing I noticed immediately at least as per information provided in this website is:

Diesel has only one variant thats VGT which is more than 1 lakh costlier than Petrol basic variant "i" which does not make sense or may be diesel engine is very much refined and gives awesome FE compared to petrol. Otherwise Diesel VGT won't make sense even If we cover more than 1 lakh kilometers also petrol will be cheaper than diesel, if we calculate the mathematics of our running/maintenance cost, it looks very funny for me.

Diesel is too costly and offers only basic features of whats offered in Petrol varinat "i" except "Front Portable Ashtray" not sure if its mistake
in the website...

Even Accent has same drawback of huge price difference between petrol and Diesel which explains why only basic features offered with diesel variant. Unless we cover more than 50,000 kilometers in short time diesel variant won't make sense to buy.

This is my person opinion, so i hope no one feel bad on my comment.

Ravi.
If you are running around 2.5K Km or more in a month and want to keep the car for 5-6 years, then it is wise to go for Diesel as you will be able to recover additional 1L in about 3 years. Otherwise Petrol makes a better sense.
Old 26th September 2006, 23:22   #68
Senior - BHPian

The Rear View Mirrors are huge which is not good for Delhi traffic...

Old 26th September 2006, 23:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

@kpzen thanks for taking so much trouble especiallly with regard to the picture indicating onroad prices.

People going in for the verna 1.6 xxi and the people going in for crdi 1.5 vgt models must seriously look at upgrading their choice to the abs model since the price difference between the with and without abs models is just 20,000
Old 27th September 2006, 02:35   #70
BHPian

hi guys there is interesting forum were a person crashed his hyundai accent (VERNA) with honda civic this might interst you

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t11266...-my-accent.htm
Old 27th September 2006, 12:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman345
hi guys there is interesting forum were a person crashed his hyundai accent (VERNA) with honda civic this might interst you

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t11266...-my-accent.htm
In this forum, the person mentions that the verna was close to halt and the civic was moving! So, the damage done to the Verna doesnt correctly reflect on how the Verna would fare in a crash, if it was moving! I remember reading in the thread where McLaren had rear ended a Santro that the vehicle that is moving will absorb the impact of the hit because the crumple zones absorb the energy!
Old 27th September 2006, 12:54   #72
Team-BHP Support

For a 5 year loan at 10% interest, the EMI for 1,20,000 comes to 2500/month.

So thats what you end up paying extra.

at 12kmpl(petrol) and 14kmpl(diesel) at deli prices the Diesel will cost 2.3rs/km and petrol will cost 4rs/km.
So at around 1.5rs/km difference, you will need to cover around 1700kms/month to recover the cost.

For someone who runs 2000+kms/month, the verna diesel makes sense, otherwise its the petrol one should choose, unless you want those extra horses and torque
Old 27th September 2006, 13:32   #73
BHPian

Hey all,

Finally drove the Verna yesterda!

What awesome pickup! what a silent engine! am totally impressed by the VGT engine! kudos to Hyundai, and the best part was i was even able to meet and speak with the Hyundai India MD Mr.Lheem! He was there when we finished our testdrive, and then he gave me a smile and came near and asked how i liked the ride.. and what pros/cons. Only thing i had to say was, With such awesome pickup, abs needs to be mandatory else ppl skid and bang someone! coz ppl are sure to be racing this machine around!

Very good seating in the rear except for the centre passenger. The armrest portion is very stiff and hard, gives a sore back after some time! the right n left passenger sitting is just great in the rear, and front also is very good.

The rear view mirrors are one of the BEST/WORST parts of this car... They are big & wide giving a very good and clear picture of the rear. While at hte same time, its almost a foot out of the car's dimensions, which is a problem not jus in Delhi, but in Indias any city!

The Verna does look classy, and the red one really got my eyes! nice set of 17" chrome alloys, with fatter tyres and this is a racing deamon!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 27th September 2006 at 13:35.
Old 27th September 2006, 13:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Hey all,

Finally drove the Verna yesterda!

What awesome pickup! what a silent engine! am totally impressed by the VGT engine! kudos to Hyundai, and the best part was i was even able to meet and speak with the Hyundai India MD Mr.Lheem! He was there when we finished our testdrive, and then he gave me a smile and came near and asked how i liked the ride.. and what pros/cons. Only thing i had to say was, With such awesome pickup, abs needs to be mandatory else ppl skid and bang someone! coz ppl are sure to be racing this machine around!

Very good seating in the rear except for the centre passenger. The armrest portion is very stiff and hard, gives a sore back after some time! the right n left passenger sitting is just great in the rear, and front also is very good.

The rear view mirrors are one of the BEST/WORST parts of this car... They are big & wide giving a very good and clear picture of the rear. While at hte same time, its almost a foot out of the car's dimensions, which is a problem not jus in Delhi, but in Indias any city!

The Verna does look classy, and the red one really got my eyes! nice set of 17" chrome alloys, with fatter tyres and this is a racing deamon!
Can someone clarify my questions abt the disks all around and the choice of 14 ad 15inch alloys?

hyundai's red are what you call RED.
Old 27th September 2006, 13:44   #75
Team-BHP Support

15inchers alloys are on top end petrol.
Low petrol gets 14 inch steel.
Mid petrol gets 14 inch alloys or 14 inch steel(not clear).
Diesel gets 14 inch steel.

Diesel is slightly better on trim than the base end petrol.

Fog lamps. Power windows and rear center armrest is standard on all variants.
not really a bad kit, but climate control and alloys should have been standard on the diesel, after all its the only diesel model!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks