Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 17:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!

Not just this, they imported many of Honda HRV components (few hundreds) too from Japan
Old 7th June 2016, 14:39   #17

I checked the Zauba website and found something interesting. There is an import of product "EPP SAMPLES FOR 2FM HONDA CARGO BOX (AUTO PARTS) (FOR SAMPLE PURPOSE ONLY) (NOT FOR SALE)" under 87149990 HTS. 871499 is for parts and accessories of vehicles of headings 8711 to 8713. 8711 is for motorcycles, 8712 is for bicycles and other cycles and 8713 is for carriages for disabled persons. Why Honda is bring motorcycles parts under 2FM project code? The only one I could think of is a bicycle rack as accessory kit.
Old 7th June 2016, 14:58   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik naren View Post
Why Honda is bring motorcycles parts under 2FM project code? The only one I could think of is a bicycle rack as accessory kit.
2FM project is definitely the Jazz crossover. This could be a bicycle rack itself as you guessed. Could also be load bearing roof rails as well that could be fitted with motorcycle racks.

Other competitors from the segment also have functional roof rails.
Old 7th June 2016, 22:54   #19
BHPian

Good news for Honda Fans! But, Honda is fast loosing its sheen in India. I mean look at the recent sales of all Honda cars. Even the mighty City has been dethroned. Jazz is doing so so. Amaze which I speculated to keep selling around 3-4k is down in the doldrums.

I waited for Jazz for almost 2 years and after the car was out I just couldn't say yes. It is a good car but the magic in the whole brand has been missing.
Old 8th June 2016, 09:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda's WR-V rendered!
This looks more like a Chevy than a Honda!
Old 8th June 2016, 23:30   #21
BHPian

I am clearly not understanding what is Honda Car India trying to do out here. The WR-V is another disaster coming up our way, the interiors are going to be exactly same as the Jazz. The exterior would be absolutely beefed up and engine performance, ride and handling etc. will be exactly the same. Even Volkswagen and Toyota took this path and failed, except HMIL none were able to sell Cross variants in good numbers. Honda is launching the same car with a different name altogether! Will the consumers care? Instead of launching an existing car with a different name and body kits why not launch a Hybrid version of the same and market your car differently, have a USP which none of the manufacturer has in the segment! A Hybrid hatchback even if the price is a little high people are going to opt for it. The Camry hybrid is an excellent example so is the Ciaz with the SHVS technology! People are slowly accepting such vehicles and with the Jazz Hybrid, Honda will again have a niche in the segment.
Old 8th June 2016, 23:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

If it's just a cross version of the Jazz, I don't know why it would need a lots of testing or why call it a different car altogether...just call it Jazz Cross, sell a few hundred units per month and be done with it.

The market for souped up hatchbacks (cross versions) or pure crossovers like S-cross is very limited. People consider those cars just as another hatchback and are not willing to pay any significant premium for those unlike compact SUVs. I hope Honda understands that.
Honda bringing this as a new vehicle altogether means that they are trying to take a pie of the lucrative compact SUV/crossover segment and compete with Ecosport and Brezza here. Let's see how it looks and if the styling is good enough and SUV-ish to compete this those. If you are positioning something as a SUV, it needs to look the part otherwise it's a fail even before start. Also, they need to offer some exciting engines in this car but I am sure that they won't.
adimicra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 23:46   #23
BHPian

Agreed to above post. This is a good opportunity for Honda to introduce a hybrid version of the Jazz. Although, locally manufacturing the one already being sold in Japan may increase the price, it will have a very strong USP in the premium hatchback segment in India.
Alternatively, Honda can look at launching the W-RV Hybrid variant which will definitely be a gamechanger!
Old 9th June 2016, 19:55   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I think that this is a good opportunity for Honda to introduce their new earth dreams range of i-vtec engines. The engines currrently being used in the Jazz are somewhat mediocre and can't compete with something like a Polo GT TSI.

I think that this mini-SUV will pay off if it has a good range of engines (both petrol and diesel). Who knows, it could be an alternative to a Polo GT too..

In case this does happen, it will certainly be a treat for petrol heads out there
Old 9th June 2016, 20:38   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Honda bringing this as a new vehicle altogether means that they are trying to take a pie of the lucrative compact SUV/crossover segment and compete with Ecosport and Brezza here.
+1.

I hope the new launch is not just a jacked up plastic clad version of the Jazz, but gets a raised front end and an SUVish look as well as they did for the BRV. Since BRV is a six seater and the Jazz is already a very spacious five seater, a modified SUV from Jazz could very well fit in the segment occupied by Brezza and Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Who knows, it could be an alternative to a Polo GT too..
For that, they just need to plonk the 1.5 iVTec from the City into the Jazz.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th June 2016 at 20:41.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 12:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
+1.

I hope the new launch is not just a jacked up plastic clad version of the Jazz, but gets a raised front end and an SUVish look as well as they did for the BRV. Since BRV is a six seater and the Jazz is already a very spacious five seater, a modified SUV from Jazz could very well fit in the segment occupied by Brezza and Ecosport.
Agree. Well, I always felt that they should've used the Brio platform for a sub 4m SUV to compete with the Ecosport/Brezza, rather than a 7 seater SUV.

With the Jazz, they have a great opportunity. Raise the ground clearance to about 190-200 mm, give it the 1.5L i-VTEC from the City, a different front and rear end, plastic cladding and some changes to the interior. Voila, they now have a competitor to the Brezza!

But I really feel they're going to follow on the footsteps of Toyota and launch it as a mildly altered variant of the Jazz, just to add 500-1000 units to their monthly sales.
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 13:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

It is going to be very tempting if they offer Jazz Space + increased GC + 1.5 i-Vtech (But how much premium over similar Jazz 1.2 variant? - That is tricky)

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th June 2016 at 13:55.
Old 10th June 2016, 18:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Given that Honda is thoroughly testing this car, I am hopeful they will do more than just put some black cladding, roof rails,chrome bling and raised GC.

I hope they do through styling changes to give this a proper mini-SUV look along with option of more powerful engines (at least a better petrol engine)

If they are able to execute it properly, they can not only challenge Ecosport and Brezza but potentially take away some customers from Scross/Duster/Creta (lower spec variants) as Jazz offers very good space inside (boot as well as passenger)
Old 11th June 2016, 13:27   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda exports the proto builds of its upcoming Crossover (2FM) to Japan for testing. A possible late 2016 or early 2017 launch is expected.

Model is with the 1498cc engine.

6 poto types are exported to Japan in June 2016, declared value at INR 5,443,085!

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-capture.jpg

Source- Zauba

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th June 2016 at 13:45.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 13:52   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Two units of the Honda "2FM" (Jazz-based crossover) have been exported recently with the 1.2L i-VTEC petrol unit fitted in them - one is an S MT variant while the other is a VX MT variant.

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-1.gif

This will surely disappoint those who were expecting the 2FM crossover to come with the 1.5L i-VTEC. Too bad, guys.

Zauba
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks