Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2016, 16:02   #76
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!

What is wrong with the design team at Honda?

When almost all OEMs are moving to clean designs, they manage to come out with this awkward and downright ugly looking version of the Jazz?

The original Jazz looks quite pleasant in my opinion, but with this, they have managed to screw it up. The low strung shoulder line looks like an afterthought, it's like they were forced to have them there as they ran out of an option. The notch above the cladding on the wheels looks just UGLY. Everyone else has symmetry there for a reason - it looks good. Oh and those tail lamps. Hope they give a car cover as a free accessory with this so that owners can keep it covered as far as possible!

I wonder why anyone would buy this over the Ecosport or Brezza or even the current Jazz.

This makes the Cross Polo and i20 Active look like a better option.

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 17th November 2016 at 16:07.
Old 17th November 2016, 16:44   #77
BANNED

Honda designing products looking similar and to fare bad in the market - one after the other! First Mobilio and BR-V, and now Jazz and WR-V... Match the following which are looking similar, and even a car expert will be in confusion! (Image source: respective websites)
Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-hmobilio.jpgHonda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-hbrv.jpg
Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-hjazz.jpgHonda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-hwrv2.jpg

Scrap everything except this WR-V and call it Jazz, provide quality parts, and multiple engine options (Petrol, Diesel, 1.5L and even a 2L). There is a chance to succeed.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th November 2016 at 17:09.
romeomidhun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 16:58   #78
BHPian

Take a car from the line, increase GC, put a plastic kit with new tail light, and a new beak of course a roof rail. vola we have a new car. Pretend like testing with camouflage wrap with speculation..And release it
Result: DC inspired city or jazz or CR-V. Yay we have 10+ cars on line to pest customers every six months for service and every alternate month going to service center for rattles, part failures.
Great business model HONDA keep it up
To remove confusion please name them A,A+ ,BB+, C,C+, D,D+ hondas

Last edited by west : 17th November 2016 at 17:19.
west is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 07:31   #79
BHPian

I wasn't expecting Honda to get the front end as well as the rear wrong, especially after the BR-V. The issue with the BR-V was that it looked too much like the Mobilio from the sides, with the too-big rear doors and the extended rear overhang. What they got right was the front and rear styling, which IMO is very macho and SUV-like. How they could have got it completely wrong in the WR-V is beyond me. It just doesn't work.
Old 9th December 2016, 10:36   #80
BHPian

Another "creative" name from Honda. The expanded names in Honda's lineup are a little cringeworthy I think

BR-V: Bold Runabout Vehicle (Source)
WR-V: Winsome Runabout Vehicle (Source)
HR-V: Hi-rider Revolutionary Vehicle (Source)
CR-V: Comfortable Runabout Vehicle (Source)

Personally though, I like the Jazz for its practicality, and would love to see a version with a higher ground clearance, as I feel 165mm is a little low for the roads on which I drive.
scythian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 19:23   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda bets big on its Crossover WR-V, to take on Hyundai's Active, Polo Cross, Vitara Brezza and EcoSport.

While in Brazil it will take on more competitors.
Quote:
we have concluded that Honda already elected as competitors of the WR-V 1.6 Ford EcoSport models, Renault Duster 1.6, Nissan and Hyundai Creta 1.6 1.6 Kicks
Though for India Honda is likely to retain the engine seen on the Jazz, in Brazil it will be different.
Quote:
The engine is the 1.5 i-VTec FlexOne equipped with electronic control and synchronization variable valve opening. The propellant yields 116 horsepower at 6,000 rpm, torque of 15.3 kgf m to 4,800 rpm when the chosen fuel is ethanol. Already the currency exchange that will equip the adventurer model are the five-speed manual and automatic CVT type
Training for the WR-V is scheduled for Feb- March and the launch is expected in April -May. Expect India to follow a similar pattern.

Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-111.jpg
Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-112.jpg
Honda WR-V (Jazz-based crossover). EDIT: Unveiled!-113.jpg

Link

---------------------

Note from Mod: Please continue the discussion in this thread

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st January 2017 at 11:44. Reason: Adding link to new thread :)
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks