BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

ACI's review

Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 12:35   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Rapid TVC,

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th November 2016 at 12:37.
Old 29th November 2016, 10:23   #213
BHPian

Seems that the new rapid is already offering a discount. They now have pay in 2018 offer for the new rapid as per the ad in the newspaper today.
Old 29th November 2016, 12:02   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
Seems that the new rapid is already offering a discount. They now have pay in 2018 offer for the new rapid as per the ad in the newspaper today.
True. I was offered three discount option. One is pay in June 2017 and the second one is the option of 100% finance on the ex showroom price and the third is the one you quoted. However, I don't understand the logic of paying in 2017 or 2018 and how that is a benefit/discount for me? Can someone throw light on it?
Old 29th November 2016, 13:30   #215
RWD
BHPian

I have been haggling for discounts on New Rapid since it's launch on November 3rd. So far, I have managed a free spoiler, free standard accessories pack consisting of magnetic rear window shades, mud flaps, rubber mats and cushions. Apart from the freebies, they also offered Skoda Assure economy pack for free, and 2% cashback on finance (through Skoda). But, all this is offered only if I take Skoda insurance at their full listed price, and don't haggle on the other extras, like depot charges and their margins on RTO fee etc. So, essentially, they offered me these freebies from their extra margins, which I didn't intend to pay for anyway. Also, they offered HID conversion done at the dealer price. I'm still not satisfied and asked them to call me in December with a better deal. Let's see where this goes.

P.S. - I have not been offered Buy in '16, Pay in '17/18. I'm not even sure how this scheme is beneficial, apart from the benefit of deferring the payment to next year.
RWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 14:18   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
I have been haggling for discounts on New Rapid since it's launch on November 3rd. So far, I have managed a free spoiler, free standard accessories pack consisting of magnetic rear window shades, mud flaps, rubber mats and cushions. Apart from the freebies, they also offered Skoda Assure economy pack for free, and 2% cashback on finance (through Skoda). But, all this is offered only if I take Skoda insurance at their full listed price, and don't haggle on the other extras, like depot charges and their margins on RTO fee etc. So, essentially, they offered me these freebies from their extra margins, which I didn't intend to pay for anyway. Also, they offered HID conversion done at the dealer price. I'm still not satisfied and asked them to call me in December with a better deal. Let's see where this goes.

P.S. - I have not been offered Buy in '16, Pay in '17/18. I'm not even sure how this scheme is beneficial, apart from the benefit of deferring the payment to next year.
We would have to read the fine print to analyze the benefits. If we assume it is a simple buy now and pay in 2018 offer then the interest alone would save a lot of money. For a 12 L car at 10% we are saving 1.2 L in a year. That is a very good discount but I doubt if it will be that simple.
Old 29th November 2016, 15:59   #217
BHPian

Quote:
We would have to read the fine print to analyze the benefits. If we assume it is a simple buy now and pay in 2018 offer then the interest alone would save a lot of money. For a 12 L car at 10% we are saving 1.2 L in a year. That is a very good discount but I doubt if it will be that simple.
Just spoke with the dealer , she said finance would be 80% of car value and rate of interest would be 10.9%, and for superb they give rate of interest of 9.3%
Old 29th November 2016, 16:12   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is not that simple , interest will charged from day 1, but emi will start in june 2017 / jan 2018.

So you will end up paying for the interest for period in between.
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 01:18   #219
BHPian

In that case, this "Buy Now Pay 1 year Later" financing scheme is meant only for people who have zero balance today, but expected to be rupee millionaires in a year...College grads?
Old 14th December 2016, 12:45   #220
BHPian

Even now, we haven't got the Team-Bhp "look" at the facelift after the diesel motor got some change, not to mention the absence of any initial ownership thread too.

I have just seen one on the road, the other day.

Vip.
Old 15th December 2016, 14:56   #221
BHPian

Can a Rapid Owner confirm if new Rapid has Apple CarPlay feature? The same system is being sold by Vagtune here, and it has Apple CarPlay feature too.

Please help.
Old 15th December 2016, 15:29   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
Can a Rapid Owner confirm if it has Apple CarPlay feature too.

Please help.
Yes, there is Mirror Link Feature available on the New Rapid which should be the same Apple Car Play. Not sure about Android Auto.

Are you buying/considering Rapid ?
Old 15th December 2016, 16:58   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Yes, there is Mirror Link Feature available on the New Rapid which should be the same Apple Car Play. Not sure about Android Auto.

CarPlay and mirrolink are different features - mirrorlink works only with select android phones and merely mirrors the applications on phone screen, whereas CarPlay is Apple's proprietary software licensed to car manufacturers. It gives a custom iPhone-like layout to drivers offering more operations on car screen and less fiddling with phone.
I will decide between Rapid/Vento once CarPlay is launched as official feature.

So do you think Apple CarPlay is offered as standard on Style Rapid Variant? Pls do check the Vagtune link I gave.
Old 15th December 2016, 16:58   #224
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Rapid Facelift report has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Are you buying/considering Rapid ?
I have the 2016 Vento TSI Highline, which I think comes with this same car stereo. It neither has Apple Car Play not does it have Android Auto. The Mirror Link feature in my honest opinion is not for everyone. It only works with a very few select phone manufacturers like HTC and Samsung. If you really want to use Mirror Link you might need to buy a new phone!

Honestly, judging by the updates to Mirror Link of late it looks like the project itself might be dying a slow death without much support from anyone. There are a lot of restrictions like which apps you can run and problems often crop up like having to reboot the system or the phone.

I think the phone display has to stay on when Mirror link is active!

Fellow member Rajeevraj has done an excellent review of this HU here.

You might be better off buying this. Again an excellent review by fellow member graaja or just use the existing system like any other system which has USB, SD and Bluetooth.

Other than the Mirror Link functionality this HU does its job well.

I think VAG has put this HU in to Polo, Vento and Rapid to try and compete with the more robust offerings from competitors like Honda and Maruti by advertising Mirror Link which is really a poor substitute for an in built navigation system.

Please check twice if the linked android HU will work on the new Rapid before purchasing.

Last edited by GTO : 21st December 2016 at 22:10. Reason: Linking to report :)
Chrome6Boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks