Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2016, 20:38   #61
BHPian

re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I never knew that prices for this sedan has gone up by so much. When we got the Vento in 2013, we paid 11.8 (I think, for the Highline) including some discounts and exchange bonus. 14.1 for the Rapid is a bit crazy.
Sadly no other options in diesel automatic. Vento costs at least a lack rupees more :(
Old 23rd August 2016, 20:43   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Guys,

Any new update or any news about the Rapid facelift? When is it launching? I am almost sold on Skoda Rapid as my new car. I am also thinking if it will be worth buying the facelift version as opposed to buying the outgoing Rapid on which I can get hefty discounts? Looking for Diesel Manual only.
The Rapid and Vento Diesel Manuals are not on sale currently. VW/Skoda have stopped it due to inconsistent CO emissions impacting the manual variants. It is expected to be launched again sometime this year with a tweaked engine that outputs more power.

Is there a dealer offering you a Rapid Diesel Manual. If so, it must be several months old and I don't think you are even supposed to buy it as the sales are officially halted.

Note: The Skoda website lists the manual variant but the Volkswagen Website does not list the Manual Variant at all. So I assume the sales have not resumed for the Rapid also.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 09:29   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The Rapid and Vento Diesel Manuals are not on sale currently. VW/Skoda have stopped it due to inconsistent CO emissions impacting the manual variants. It is expected to be launched again sometime this year with a tweaked engine that outputs more power.

Is there a dealer offering you a Rapid Diesel Manual. If so, it must be several months old and I don't think you are even supposed to buy it as the sales are officially halted.

Note: The Skoda website lists the manual variant but the Volkswagen Website does not list the Manual Variant at all. So I assume the sales have not resumed for the Rapid also.
Thanks Rajeevraj, I am aware of the CO emission thing and that Skoda is not selling Diesel Manual. My question was, with new features expected to be added in the facelift, will it make sense to buy the facelifted one as opposed to the current version, provided diesel manual sales resume for the current model and being the ougoing model there could be discounts. If it is resumed only with facelift, then I guess I do not have any option. BTW, are we expecting the facelift near Diwali?
raaj.bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 12:03   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Thanks Rajeevraj, I am aware of the CO emission thing and that Skoda is not selling Diesel Manual. My question was, with new features expected to be added in the facelift, will it make sense to buy the facelifted one as opposed to the current version, provided diesel manual sales resume for the current model and being the ougoing model there could be discounts. If it is resumed only with facelift, then I guess I do not have any option. BTW, are we expecting the facelift near Diwali?
Ah ok. Thanks for clarifying. I doubt they would launch the updated engine with the current version. The main purpose of the face lift is the upgraded engine and some cosmetic tweaks. Even from the feature list the only thing missing is the new HU that the Vento and Ameo have got. Stuff like Auto IRVM and Rain sensing wipers are already there (many websites and articles incorrect report these as being part of the upcoming face lift). So I don't think there will be any big additions to the feature list. (Unless they surprise us and add stuff like 6 airbags)

The other thing I heard from an SA few months back was that the face lift will come with the 1.2 TSI DSG for the Petrol AT. But that is not relevant to you.

Although there are no clear launch dates, enough hints that it will be out this festive season.

This thread (Skoda announces Prepaid Maintenance Packages, a new 4-year Standard Warranty & more)also talks about the Rapid Monte Carlo Edition coming next year.
Old 24th August 2016, 12:11   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Yes, Monte Carlo and what beauty it is. It is a pity they are not launching International Rapid which looks so chic. No choice, aye! I will be looking forward to when they plan to launch Monte Carlo as I will be very interested in it. Wait and watch is the game.
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:41   #66
BHPian

I know beauty is subjective but this face-lift Rapid looks clean and quite beautiful ( kind of like the old Mercedes C class before the S - Class type design). The International Rapid doesn't look that good. I'd gladly plonk my money on the face-lift instead.

Attaching the face-lift and International version for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-1508693d1463650132skodarapidfaceliftcaughttestingskodarapidfaceliftcaughttesting.jpg  

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-20120714070756_2013skodarapid242.jpg  

Old 7th September 2016, 00:48   #67
BHPian

Does anyone have update on the new Rapid launch?
1. Will it be same as European design or something between Indian and European?
2. Is it expected this Diwali?
Old 22nd September 2016, 07:02   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
Does anyone have update on the new Rapid launch?
1. Will it be same as European design or something between Indian and European?
2. Is it expected this Diwali?

Hi ashishskapoor. I had a test drive of Rapid 1.5 TDI yesterday. The sales advisor confirmed that they expect the launch of facelift by December 2016 or January 2017.

He also confirmed that the differences, according to the information to them, will be an updated grill and may get a touch screen audio system.

Other main thing that he said is - the 1L discount for the ongoing sale may not be there and price may shoot up somewhere about 30k and waiting period will be increased.
Old 26th September 2016, 09:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Hi ashishskapoor. I had a test drive of Rapid 1.5 TDI yesterday. The sales advisor confirmed that they expect the launch of facelift by December 2016 or January 2017.

He also confirmed that the differences, according to the information to them, will be an updated grill and may get a touch screen audio system.

The launch is too far - Dec / Jan makes them lose on Festive season boost in sales. Moreover all sources point to basic cosmetic changes to bumpers and grill, not a major overhaul. That's really sad, Skoda!

P.S. I had written 2 emails to Sudhir Rao, MD Skoda India in Jan and August this year requesting for European design Rapid. But seems like Vento will remain a premium product over Rapid.
Old 1st October 2016, 11:09   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Rapid facelift seen again! A 2017 launch?
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-skodarapidfaceliftheadlightspied.jpg

Redesigned headlights and grille , India-made turbocharger thus increasing its power output from 105 PS to 110 PS the torque will remain unchanged at 250 Nm though will be seen in this facelift .
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-skodarapidfaceliftspied.jpg
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-skodarapidfaceliftinteriorspied.jpg
Quote:
The top-end variant shows its touchscreen entertainment system, which will be the modern MirrorLink system with Bluetooth support, navigation and reverse camera display. This particular test mule sports the DSG 7-speed automatic transmission which is available with the 1.5-liter TDI diesel engine on the current Rapid.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st October 2016 at 11:34.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 11:32   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is it just me or does the HU's screen look bigger than the RCD330G? The button layout on the LHS side seem to be different too.

Maybe a Skoda specific version of the RCD330G?
Old 1st October 2016, 11:38   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Is it just me or does the HU's screen look bigger than the RCD330G? The button layout on the LHS side seem to be different too.

Yep that caught my eye as well. The display is definitely bigger than the RCD 330.
Old 1st October 2016, 11:53   #73
BHPian

Skoda seems to have camouflaged the headlights and the grill portion really well. The headlight is covered up to resemble the old version and hide the latest straight line lamps. Same is the edge of the hood with the logo. Another piece has been pasted over the real part to give a perception that nothing much has changed. We could well be getting the international version which is one handsome sedan, if not the best, in recent times.
Old 1st October 2016, 13:03   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Yes, both left and right side seems to have two press-able buttons instead of 3. The screen definitely appears bigger, not sure about navigation though as it comes as a separate button on most modern ICEs. This has fewer buttons that RCD 330G!

Last edited by manson : 28th October 2016 at 19:40. Reason: Deleted blank rows.
Old 1st October 2016, 14:45   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
@Volkman10: There is a Skoda representative standing with you as seen in the glass reflection. Did you manage to get any more details from him about the new car?

Last edited by manson : 28th October 2016 at 19:40. Reason: Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed