Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2016, 23:26   #181
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Yes, Rapid & Vento are produced at same Plant at Chakan near Pune. Hence you see some colors carried from Ameo (Silk Blue, Carbon Steel). This isn't new though. Hence you see same quality levels of paint across models.
For some reason, I have felt that the paint quality of Polo, especially in the last 1 year have been better than Vento/Rapid twins. Visually, it really shows if you see the cars in person. It might have to do with the better color options that Polo has as many of the Rapid/Ventos are now Silver, Beige, and White.
Old 7th November 2016, 09:48   #182
BHPian

Off topic: A question on the head unit from the new Rapid. Do you think it would be a plug and play for my 2008 Fabia? Any idea on the standalone price of this unit? I'm thinking of upgrading to a touchscreen unit with navigation.
Old 7th November 2016, 23:54   #183
BHPian

Is it just me or would the Skoda Rapid in the VRS guise look tasty. Sadly Skoda is in no mood to extend the VRS beyond the Fabia and Octavia. I can imagine Skoda Plonking the same engine used in the recently launched Polo GTI making 190BHP in the Rapid. That will make the the Rapid have a power to weight Ratio of 155 bhp/ton

Now considering that & judging by the launch price of the Previous Octavia VRS, even if the pricing of the Rapid VRS would reach around 18 lakhs, it would still find buyers. Not only that but it would also be the fastest car available under 30 lakhs in India!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-img_2279.jpg  

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-img_2280.jpg  

Starfire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 07:27   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Off topic: A question on the head unit from the new Rapid. Do you think it would be a plug and play for my 2008 Fabia? Any idea on the standalone price of this unit? I'm thinking of upgrading to a touchscreen unit with navigation.
I am not sure if that's possible because the shape & size of Fabia's Centre Console is different compared to Rapid. I would suggest you to look for an Aftermarket HU, there are good options available & they might fit easily in Fabia.

Even if you want the one present in Rapid, it won't be cheap. Check with your dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
Is it just me or would the Skoda Rapid in the VRS guise look tasty. Sadly Skoda is in no mood to extend the VRS beyond the Fabia and Octavia. I can imagine Skoda Plonking the same engine used in the recently launched Polo GTI making 190BHP in the Rapid. That will make the the Rapid have a power to weight Ratio of 155 bhp/ton

Now considering that & judging by the launch price of the Previous Octavia VRS, even if the pricing of the Rapid VRS would reach around 18 lakhs, it would still find buyers. Not only that but it would also be the fastest car available under 30 lakhs in India!
This might be possible in Future, but SKODA hasn't even launched Octavia RS yet. So Rapid RS is still too far I guess. Also, they can justify this performance aspect by replacing the 1.6 NA engine with a 1.4 TSi. That should be good enough.
Old 8th November 2016, 08:50   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
It will fit but it isn't plug and play. Your stock iso connections will need to be converted to the quad lock type.

Check Aliexpress for RCD 330G plus. That's the name of this unit. Insist your dealer for a unit with green backlighting.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 22:15   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post

That's the European Rapid. Yeah it gives an indication of how the Rapid can look in a VRS trim, but that's a different car altogether. Since Skoda hasn't even carried over the TSi engines from the Vento as yet, I really doubt if they are going to anything like a performance edition. At best I see the Vento's TSi engines being plonked in, which is also really doubtful considering the vento's Tsi sales itself are negligible.
Old 8th November 2016, 23:52   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

I never liked the Rapid / Vento in the red color, but I love this edition so much! The facelifted Rapid looks beautiful and lovely in the red color.

This is easily one of the best looking designs in the C-segment now. Only if Skoda worked really hard on their reputation.
Old 9th November 2016, 20:30   #188
Senior - BHPian

I was browsing the web to look for any 'First Drive/Review' videos of the 2016 Rapid Facelift and I came across this Walk Around video by C&B:

Did Siddharth actually mention:

Rapid always came with 1.6 TSI Petrol Engine??

Last edited by Vik0728 : 9th November 2016 at 20:31.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 17:47   #189
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the new Skoda Rapid Commercial on air and I fished it out:

I know the colour as displayed and the real deal 'May' have some changes, but boy does that new RED look RAVISHING

With this eye candy front end and the lip smacking RED shade, I really wonder why Skoda did not offer it with the previous 'Black Edition' Alloy:

Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs-rapid.jpg

IMO this would have made the DESIRABLE QUOTIENT almost on par with mad rush witnessed for exchanging the 500 and 1000 rupee notes!!
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 19:13   #190
RWD
BHPian

Will it be too much to ask for, to expect some discounts on the facelifted Rapid? Although, the car is just launched, but considering the note ban and the year end, I was expecting to extract a good deal, but Skoda dealer is adamant that they can't give even a rupee discount, because Skoda is watching their books. I feel, I'll be a damned fool, if I buy this car on full price and then see it on discount in a couple of months.
What do you guys think?
Old 14th November 2016, 19:53   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
Will it be too much to ask for, to expect some discounts on the facelifted Rapid? I feel, I'll be a damned fool, if I buy this car on full price and then see it on discount in a couple of months.
What do you guys think?
I think you should wait. They will definitely come up with good discounts in 3-4months time. Currently there will be mouthwatering offer available on the pre-facelifted model. Because skoda's reputation is not very good people will think twice before buying the new rapid even though the new rapid has the front looks to die for.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 21:11   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
Will it be too much to ask for, to expect some discounts on the facelifted Rapid?
Wait till march 17. The year end gets you great offers on any car, leave alone a Rapid.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 15:56   #193
BHPian

Autocar has come out with their first drive review for Skoda Rapid facelift. Link

Skoda India website has also been updated for the new Rapid. Link

Official Skoda Ad giving a walkthorugh of the features.

Last edited by Zappo : 15th November 2016 at 16:30. Reason: Please post at one go rather than breaking a post into multiple one-liners. All back to back posts merged.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 14:56   #194
BHPian

Skoda plans to launch Monte Carlo Version of Rapid in India. Source

Quote:
Skoda plans to launch a series of sportier models based on its existing sedans over the next few months. One of these will be a special edition of the facelifted Rapid, badged the Monte Carlo.
The special edition celebrates the brand’s motorsports history. The Rapid Monte Carlo was revealed internationally in 2015 and features a host of cosmetic changes to give it a sportier look. Bits includeblacked-out cosmetic components such as grille surround, bumper and side skirt extensions, alloy wheels, a boot lid spoiler and wing mirrors. Also part of the package was a unique red paint.
Changes to the cabin included black upholstery with contrast stitching and inserts, metal-finished pedals and a flat-bottomed steering. Mechanicals though remained identical to the standard Rapid.
Though India gets a different Rapid from the one available in international markets with a facelift, styling is expected to be close. The Monte Carlo edition of the Indian Rapid will borrow details from its international sibling, though the full extent of cosmetic and equipment changes is unknown.
As with its international sibling, the Indian Rapid Monte Carlo is likely to remain mechanically the same.
Besides the Monte Carlo, Skoda is set to launch a sportier iteration of the Octavia, the Octavia Black and the full-blown Octavia RS.
Old 17th November 2016, 15:38   #195
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India have the first 'General Test Drive' report of the 2016 Skoda Rapid:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-403508.aspx

This Car looks Stunning in that White Shade.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks