Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:14   #121
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea 125 S with 123 BHP launched

Just wanted to add my observations of a test drive I did of the 125s T-Jet Linea yesterday. The positives have been spoken of, a lot. Tank like build, nice power when accelerating, high GC and most important for me: smooth driving over bad patches of roads. In fact I was pleasantly surprised how easily it went over bad roads. The negatives are that in spite of being so long, I felt the seating area as a whole is small. Either the driver has to compromise or the person sitting behind him. The back windows don't open fully. No auto folding ORVM. Flimsy back center arm rest. Weird long play and sticky clutch. The steering shaking crazy on bad patches of roads. Tiny and boring 5 inch touch screen and also MID. If not for the solid build, the powerful T-Jet engine and silky smooth ride quality on any roads, I would think this car is a bit of a letdown.
Old 6th October 2017, 19:27   #122
BHPian

My Linea Classic Plus came with basic ICE. Is it possible to upgrade so i can have AUX input?

Also, do the rear seats of the Linea Classic Plus fold flat? I tried all possible ways but in vain.
Old 7th October 2017, 00:12   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Just wanted to add my observations of a test drive I did of the 125s T-Jet Linea yesterday. The positives have been spoken of, a lot. Tank like build, nice power when accelerating, high GC and most important for me: smooth driving over bad patches of roads. In fact I was pleasantly surprised how easily it went over bad roads. The negatives are that in spite of being so long, I felt the seating area as a whole is small. Either the driver has to compromise or the person sitting behind him. The back windows don't open fully. No auto folding ORVM. Flimsy back center arm rest. Weird long play and sticky clutch. The steering shaking crazy on bad patches of roads. Tiny and boring 5 inch touch screen and also MID. If not for the solid build, the powerful T-Jet engine and silky smooth ride quality on any roads, I would think this car is a bit of a letdown.

All cars have different USPs mate. Linea T-jet is a driver focused car that gives you segment best power, ride, handling, built, ground clearance and the most feelsome and accurate steering.

The 'shaking' steering is the HPS at work that gives you the most accurate feedback of the road which is as expected.

You will get adjusted to the seating and clutch action as you would drive it more.

If you care about touch screen and other features there are better cars out there.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 21:54   #124

I have a 2015 Linea T-Jet. Any idea whether the touchscreen infotainment system from Linea 125S can be retrofitted to the older 2015 T-Jet? Thanks, Raj
Old 27th October 2017, 20:13   #125
BHPian

Why did you want to fit the HU from 125 S? It may not exactly be worth the money and effort. Get an after market system fitted and it should probably be better.
Old 28th October 2017, 10:36   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRaj View Post
I have a 2015 Linea T-Jet. Any idea whether the touchscreen infotainment system from Linea 125S can be retrofitted to the older 2015 T-Jet? Thanks, Raj
An after-market would be best. Retrofitting could be prohibitively expensive.

There are a few threads I could find with a search on google. Do post and share your experience doing it
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 13:12   #127
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I had driven the Linea 125S just after its launch. The linear power delivery is a boon in traffic and out on the highways when you need a burst of power the extra horses help you pull away without downshifting. The gearshift is no more notchy, In fact, this is something I have observed with all the new Fiat's, the gearbox has long throws but its far from being notchy unlike older Fiat's. Rest steering, Suspension, brakes.etc. remain a strong point. The biggest disappointment is the rear headroom. Its high time Fiat does something about it. Pricing is superb But the Abarth with discounts is still a better bet.
Someone who needs a big boot should definitely consider this. No other C2 segment sedan can come close to this car when it comes to performance and dynamics.
Old 31st October 2017, 17:18   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Why did you want to fit the HU from 125 S? It may not exactly be worth the money and effort. Get an after market system fitted and it should probably be better.
To answer the why, It "may" work with the Blue&me/steering controls better than an after market one, the layout on the dashboard seems to be a direct fit to the older version and I "assume" we can just remove the older system and directly fit it the same layout. Its all an assumption/wishful thinking, not sure if it will work. If at all its possible, Cost is a much later consideration .
Old 31st October 2017, 17:35   #129
BHPian

Quote:
To answer the why, It "may" work with the Blue&me/steering controls better than an after market one, the layout on the dashboard seems to be a direct fit to the older version and I "assume" we can just remove the older system and directly fit it the same layout. Its all an assumption/wishful thinking, not sure if it will work. If at all its possible, Cost is a much later consideration .

I did the exact same thing for the exact same reasons for my POLO and ended with a bad taste in my mouth.

Such things do not usually work with just a HU change. Speakers needed to be changed too and then you realise that the woofer effect is missing.

Never ending it seems...

Regards
Bharath
Old 4th November 2017, 08:23   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
I did the exact same thing for the exact same reasons for my POLO and ended with a bad taste in my mouth.

Such things do not usually work with just a HU change. Speakers needed to be changed too and then you realise that the woofer effect is missing.

Never ending it seems...

Regards
Bharath
You are right, HU is just the start and components, amp and woofer (already there in my Punto) are already factored in. A touchscreen HU/navigation system will make the dashboard a lot more contemporary. Couple of years down the lane, I will have one less reason to buy a new car .
Old 6th November 2017, 17:35   #131
BHPian

Quote:
You are right, HU is just the start and components, amp and woofer (already there in my Punto) are already factored in. A touchscreen HU/navigation system will make the dashboard a lot more contemporary. Couple of years down the lane, I will have one less reason to buy a new car .
I too have a 2015 Linea TJet, she has clocked in 37,000 kilometers till date. Coming to the Head-Unit update, I would suggest you to get an after-market one rather than trying to fit in the one from the 125S. It is a straight fit however, the unit has a small touchscreen, the touch response is bad, is windows OS based, has practically no noteworthy feature and also it comes close to 45,000 INR (Last time I checked).

After all the dilemma at my end, I finalized on getting the Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT and when I went to procure one, I was in for a rude shock when I got to know that the Linea comes with a SINGLE din set-up and not a 2-DIN like it's made to look. Hence, at the end settled with Pioneer AVH-Z7050BT. Expensive but worth it as this comes with Android Auto, Apple Car Play, DVD, Remote and a very good and responsive touchscreen. Best part this also allows me to adjust the tilt angle of the screen. Do note that you can also make these systems compatible with HDMI via few minor tweaks (I shall be doing it soon). There by making sure the JET stays relevant for many, many more years and no upgrade for a hell lot of years

However, with respect to the Blue n Me functionality, Any after-market unit would replace the existing BnM with the ones they come with. You would still be able to pair and view the caller ID on the dash but then answering would not be possible via the in-built BnM.

NOTE: The screen blocks the AC vents but then that's not a big concern to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 125 S with 123 BHP launched-22904703_10214851139742084_7412140481648602231_o.jpg  

Fiat Linea 125 S with 123 BHP launched-8ef7febadce14d008230cc97552ef536.jpg  

Last edited by Vinodh_Gowda : 6th November 2017 at 18:04. Reason: Grammatical Corrections, Addition of information
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 02:01   #132
BHPian

Guys what is the difference between the 114 and 125s Linea? Was the power increase achieved with Mechanical changes or was it done via a Re-Map?
Old 7th November 2017, 06:49   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Guys what is the difference between the 114 and 125s Linea? Was the power increase achieved with Mechanical changes or was it done via a Re-Map?
It's only a slightly more powerful map, no mechanical changes.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 09:45   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
However, with respect to the Blue n Me functionality, Any after-market unit would replace the existing BnM with the ones they come with. You would still be able to pair and view the caller ID on the dash but then answering would not be possible via the in-built BnM.

NOTE: The screen blocks the AC vents but then that's not a big concern to me.
Hi Vinodh, That was most helpful, Thank you very much! I will consider all the points you have highlighted before I take the plunge.
Old 17th September 2018, 07:40   #135
BHPian

I'm planning to buy the Linea 125s (I own a Punto MJD). In Sep 2018, does it make sense to go for it? If not, please help me with a similar car (fun drivers car + safety) in that price range. I know this has been an eternal question since the days of the Palio - please help me with it. Thanks guys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks