Team-BHP - Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178336-isuzu-planning-launch-mu-x-edit-launched-rs-23-99-lakhs-3.html)

India-spec Isuzu MU-X interior spied,
Quote:

Interior pictures of a test mule show the cabin to be similar to V-Cross' with a dashboard inspired from that of the Trailblazer. Key differences include seats finished in leather, the inclusion of an automatic gearbox and roof mounted air-con vents for rear occupants.
Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-0_0_0_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_news_isuzu_mux_interior_india.jpg

ACI

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4135009)
India-spec Isuzu MU-X interior spied,

Attachment 1600304

ACI

I see automatic transmission shift lever and the 4WD select mode knob. Nice! Hope these two features makes it to production and they price it sensibly. Sensibly meaning much much lower compared to competition.

With Jeep Compass & Isuzu MU-X coming to India in 2017, 15-20Lakh SUV market is soon going to heat up. :thumbs up

A "Reliable" Little Birdie recently whispered that a its almost certain that this will be offered in 2017 in the Indian Market that too with a AT & 4x4 option as well
clap:

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-2015_isuzu_mux_00.jpg
Picture source: https://www.isuzuute.com.au/mu-x/range.aspx

Hope this will happen sooner than latter

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

Note from Moderator: Post moved to relevant thread. Thanks

Quoting your post from the D-Max official test drive thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 4140735)
A "Reliable" Little Birdie recently whispered that a its almost certain that this will be offered in 2017 in the Indian Market that too with a AT & 4x4 option as well
clap:
Picture source: https://www.isuzuute.com.au/mu-x/range.aspx

Hope this will happen sooner than latter

Ram

That's good news. But I am surprised by the specs mentioned on the website.

DMax vs MuX

Wheelbase (mm) 3,095 2,845
Overall length (mm) 5,295 4,825
Overall width (excl.door mirrors) (mm) 1,860 1,860
Overall height (*depends on body fitted) 1,855 1,860
Ground clearance (mm) 235 230
Turning circle (m) 12.6 11.6
Approach angle 30.0° 30.1°
Departure angle 22.7° 25.1°
Gross Vehicle Mass (kg) 2,950 2,750
Gross Combination Mass (kg) 5,950 5,750

MuX seems lighter, shorter and has lesser overhang (better departure angle). Will be interesting to note their pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 4140768)
Quoting your post from the D-Max official test drive thread.

That's good news. But I am surprised by the specs mentioned on the website.

MuX seems lighter, shorter and has lesser overhang (better departure angle). Will be interesting to note their pricing.

DI,

Thanks for cross posting - I had missed this thread totally till date:Frustrati

Yup this is a passenger version and hence, expected to be lighter & shorter. As you said the pricing will be the crucial factor.

I feel that we can expect a pricing in the range of 20-23 Lakhs for the AT 4x4 version (wishful thinking ?) and if so they will have a definite winner at hand (like Creta for Hyundai) :)

Having been an Isuzu Trooper ex-owner/fan I am prepared to pay in that price range, in advance today !

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 4140735)
clap:

That would be great, and if priced below the MU7 would make things very interesting. Here's the Australian Brochure with all details.Isuzu_MU-X_Vehicle_Brochure.pdf

If the 4X4 with low range comes at sub 20L, I would be game for it. Just that, Isuzu would have to ramp up its sale & service presence.

This will make a very compelling case when compared to ageing Rexton and will be a sensible purchase in comparison to the Toyota Fortuner. I think it would be just as reliable.

Very eagerly looking forward to this and had contacted the local showroom (BLR) about any info.

They are still awaiting confirmation on the final specs and expecting Mid-2017 launch. I was a bit disappointed hearing from the showroom that the prices expected here would be more closer to Fortuner/Endeavor (~28L for the top spec). I hope there is still a chance of a lower price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4144519)
If the 4X4 with low range comes at sub 20L, I would be game for it. Just that, Isuzu would have to ramp up its sale & service presence.

This will make a very compelling case when compared to ageing Rexton and will be a sensible purchase in comparison to the Toyota Fortuner. I think it would be just as reliable.

I too wish that it comes in this range 4x4 under 20L (though i doubt). I am looking for a change from my 5 year old XUV and have two options coming this year, this one and Compass.
Lets wait and watch.

Quote:

I was a bit disappointed hearing from the showroom that the prices expected here would be more closer to Fortuner/Endeavor
Quote:

I too wish that it comes in this range 4x4 under 20L
I can only tell that start saving, you guys won't be disappointed:)

Quote:

hope they ramp up their sale & service outlet
Yes, up here in North, Krishna Auto has opened new facilities in Mohali ( Chandigarh) which should be largest in India ( maybe Asia), only trouble is that some of their dealers are also having Skoda dealerships and they have some legacy issues. But replies/ support from Isuzu as of now is fast. V-Cross is doing good numbers and must be one of the most modified 4x4 after Thar/Gypsy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4146851)
I can only tell that start saving, you guys won't be disappointed:)

That would be nice, hope they ramp up their sale & service outlet. Isuzu should be fairly reliable IMO. That is enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sks_Biker (Post 4146359)
I was a bit disappointed hearing from the showroom that the prices expected here would be more closer to Fortuner/Endeavor (~28L for the top spec). I hope there is still a chance of a lower price.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/431436/f...nissan-patrol/

I know many of you may have already seen the above posted comparison report. It is relevant for our country now because 3 out of 5 vehicles compared in that shootout is going to be here, two already are.

If MUX is priced close to the Big Two i.e., Fortuner and Endaevour I dont see how this is going to sell. Its not the first time that Isuzu is trying to compete with Toyota and Ford in the SUV segment in India, they tried and failed with their MU7. If it is priced close to Fortuner and Endeavour it is going the same way as MU7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4146862)

Thanks for the link. Yes, you are right. If it comes close to their prices, then why not spend 5L extra and get a more dsirable option?

Isuzu MU-X facelift launching in Thailand -March 2017.

Teaser from Isuzufanblog,

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-20161229_203701460x818.jpg