Team-BHP - Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178336-isuzu-planning-launch-mu-x-edit-launched-rs-23-99-lakhs-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 4188810)
The price is to be revealed on May 11th but the idea the sales person gave me as 25 lacs on road for the 4X4 AT version, which would mean an exshowroom price of around 22 lacs. The 4x2 AT variant would be a lac cheaper.

Now comes the hard part of choosing by head or heart.
Head says go for the Innova Crysta ZX AT at a similar price while heart is saying to go for the MUX and I am stuck in a dilemma! I only wish they would have priced it 2 lacs cheaper to make the choice easier!!

Pricing will be interesting. Because this MU-X is based on Chevy Trailblazer, but the Former is assembled here while the Latter is a CBU.

Post revision, the Trailblazer at 19.9 lakhs is indeed well priced. If MU-X is priced cheaper then that, it will help itself. And at that 17-18 lakhs range, the MU-X will be VFM choice, especially since it's an Endeavour/Fortuner Rival.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4188890)
Now at 19.95 lakhs only!

This price cut seems to be done to favour the MU-X I guess. Since both are same, the MU-X will benefit more (4WD version ) unless ISUZU overprices it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 4188903)
It is the newer 6 speed AT box which will be offered.

I guess Trailblazer also comes with 6 Speed AT (TC), isn't it ?

Will Manual be a 5 Speed or a 6 Speed one ?

If a CBU Trailblazer/MU-X can be priced at 20/22L ex-showroom, then why not the others? That is milking the Indian customers.

If they launch a 4X4 MT at 20/21L ex-showroom or below, it will have a lot of takers. I for one, will surely consider it.

Price and ASC/sales outlet presence will matter a lot and it will also help in selling few more V-Cross as well as future launches.

In my books, all Japs are reliable, I would rate them in the same ball-park.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 4188810)
Initially they are not launching an MT 4x4 variant and that may be added later.
Now comes the hard part of choosing by head or heart.
Head says go for the Innova Crysta ZX AT at a similar price while heart is saying to go for the MUX and I am stuck in a dilemma! I only wish they would have priced it 2 lacs cheaper to make the choice easier!!

Thanks for sharing :thumbs up Any time estimate on MT 4WD? Please query further if you go next.

If AT is your criteria and a 4X4, I would say, get the Isuzu, but if you plan to travel on good roads and some gravel etc, then the Crysta, at least that is as simple. For sure, the MU-X looks much better than this opulent van.

Post seeing the MUX, let me try again to do a price buildup vs the Vcross (only including features which are over and above the Vcross already available)

3L 177 BHP 380 Nm Engine : 40K additional
Auto Gear box : 1.2 Lacs
Start / Stop, Cruise control, ESP, Hill Assist and other features: 80K
3rd Row seats and Leather seat covers : 70K
Infotainment system and 10inch LCD screen (roof mounted in back) : 50K
Multilink rear suspension : 30K
Rear Tailgate modification : 20K (vs Vcross)
Dual AC with triple row vents : 15K

Total difference: 4.25 Lacs
Additional Taxes: 75K
Margin buildup: 1 Lac

Logical Price differential : 6 Lacs over the VCross

It will be great if Isuzu can manage to launch it at a sub-20 Lacs price (ex-showroom) for the 4x4 AT variant, and at around 19 lacs for the 4x2 AT variant.
The 4x4 MT variant may not be launched for another 6 months.

This position is currently occupied only by the Hexa and the XUV 500 and it will be great to have an international contender in this segment.

Overall, I found the interiors to be better than the Previous gen Fortuner and comparable to the current gen XUV and the Hexa, but lower than the current Gen Fortuner and Endeavour.

From the outside it is a very plain looking vehicle and does not have any distinct design elements to make it stand out. Looks like lot of guys will be going for third party mods to make it stand out!
For almost all the Vcross I have seen in Gurgaon, most of them have gone for offroad metal front bumpers and snorkels and much bigger tyres.
Isuzu is one company which does not object to customization and allows it!

Let's see now what the price is on the launch day - keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 4189160)
From the outside it is a very plain looking vehicle and does not have any distinct design elements to make it stand out. Looks like lot of guys will be going for third party mods to make it stand out!

Plenty available (both hardware and decals) just across the big pond in the east (Bay of Bengal - in Thailand) at very competitive prices and value for money. For many another reason to make a trip to Land of Smiles

Isuzu is a "favorite brand" of Thai middle and working class and the amount of after market mods available (mostly VFM) in that market is amazing

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

Isuzu is better respected badge in India than Chevrolet and hence I am sure it would be a big hit , if priced reasonably. Don't know why some people bring Innova into comparison. It looks a van from every angle. Also, reliability is not confined to just Toyota. All Japanese cars are equally reliable, including our humble Suzuki.

Some do not find looks of MU-X very exciting. That, it may be but it still is a full size boxy SUV which will have immense road presence , as opposed to curvy crossovers. I heard there is a total life-tax waiver on this car for buyers of AP. If true, then it should really do well in AP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 4189246)
Plenty available (both hardware and decals) just across the big pond in the east (Bay of Bengal - in Thailand) at very competitive prices and value for money. For many another reason to make a trip to Land of Smiles

Isuzu is a "favorite brand" of Thai middle and working class and the amount of after market mods available (mostly VFM) in that market is amazing

Ram

Yes, here are some examples from Thailand to Motivate people!
(Pics courtesy this link: http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36140.150)

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-mux1_zps3afcae9a.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-mux3_zps817d4370.jpg

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-isuzumuxironman01_zps57d0c14b.jpg

I was returning for my morning walk from Central Park, Kharghar saw 3-4 vanity vans and a whole film shooting unit. As I was wondering which film this would be, saw three brand new MU-X, one silver and two dark brown shades with private number plates (could not take pictures as I do not carry mobile for the walk). As a tried to get closer to have a look at interiors, one of the crew guy politely asked me to stay away, as I took a step back heard him advising his fellow team members not to touch the vehicle as finger impressions/marks will show up in the frame.
Ah there I realized this is ad shooting for MU-X.

Must admit the SUV has massive and impressive road presence, looked attractive, well proportioned and very modern.
As some are speculating if price starts from 18-19 lacs ex-showroom it will be a very good buy.

Do other markets have a MT for MU-X? Or they all have AT's in 4X2 and 4X4?

Unless and until Isuzu increases their visibility, dealership numbers and service back up they can just day dream of competing with Toyota. Even if they sell some ₹10 L cheaper than Toyota they'll be hard pressed to sell more than a few units. They're at best a 'niche' player with almost no presence!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango Dude (Post 4189520)
Unless and until Isuzu increases their visibility, dealership numbers and service back up they can just day dream of competing with Toyota. Even if they sell some ₹10 L cheaper than Toyota they'll be hard pressed to sell more than a few units. They're at best a 'niche' player with almost no presence!

Agree completely, but at that price, I honestly think, they would not need to compete with Toyota but Tata and Mahindra instead. And this is where their USP would be.
But as mentioned by you, service and sales outlet at major places is a must.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4189517)
Do other markets have a MT for MU-X? Or they all have AT's in 4X2 and 4X4?

Thailand has MU-X MT with 1.9L engine in 4x2

1.9L 150PS & 350Nm, 6 speed MT

http://www.isuzumu-x.net/

Australia has it with the same 3.0L engine (Euro 5) in 4x4.

3.0L 177 PS & 430 Nm ! 6 speed MT

https://www.isuzuute.com.au/mu-x/specs-and-compare.aspx

Infact the facelifted MU-X launched in Thailand looks way better than the existing one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.MJet (Post 4189365)
..I was returning for my morning walk from Central Park, ....Ah there I realized this is ad shooting for MU-X.

Great find. :thumbs up

Quote:

...As some are speculating if price starts from 18-19 lacs ex-showroom it will be a very good buy.
Amidst all the speculations doing rounds and the logic put forward (mostly correctly), still there is not much of chance of having a price in this territory. In fact the immediate AT versions will have ex-showroom price not less than 24 L in all probability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango Dude (Post 4189520)
Unless and until Isuzu increases their visibility, dealership numbers and service back up they can just day dream of competing with Toyota.

I am sure Isuzu has already started working on this, post the massive investment they have done for manufacturing in India. Their visibility should drastically improve in next 1-2 years. But probably by that time the VFM proposition of even Vcross would also diminish to some extent. Already, the ex-showroom price of Vcross has been increased by close to 80,000 compared to the initial launch price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 4189332)
Yes, here are some examples from Thailand to Motivate people!

Some images of Decals available in the market, have seen them in Far East places on the road as well

Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs-isuzu-mux-decals.jpg

Source of these pics: https://www.google.ae/search?q=isuzu...qwqqM:&spf=247

Business ideas for some enterprising petrolheads :thumbs up

Ram

Isuzu Motors will be officially launching the MU-X SUV on May 11, 2017.

Quote:

Isuzu's new SUV will be manufactured from the company's new plant in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh. The MU-X SUV is likely to be priced aggressively as it is going to see high levels of localisation.
Isuzu MU-X will replace the MU-7 SUV and shares its platform with V-Cross D-max pick up vehicle.
The SUV will be launched in both 4X2 and 4X4 variants and will be powered by the same 3.0L diesel engine that sheds out 161 bhp of power and 360 Nm of torque. The SUV will get the option of both manual and automatic transmissions.
ET Auto

Surprised that Isuzu went with the 3L option for both 4x2 and 4x4. Maybe they don’t want a sudden surge in sales and looking to slowly ease in and then start bringing in the lower displacement engine.

The 1.9L would surely give the Hexa, XUV and maybe even the S10 Scorpio a run for its money. Hope they get their service experience and product quality right - they can surely give M&M and Tata a run for their money given the quality of their engines.