Team-BHP - Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Isuzu planning to launch MU-X. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 23.99 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178336-isuzu-planning-launch-mu-x-edit-launched-rs-23-99-lakhs-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4186911)
What is the tire size, I am unable to see if it is 17 inch or 18 and has 235 section or 265.

Its 17" for sure, not sure about 235/265. Looks like 235 to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhiram7912 (Post 4187160)
I went for a test drive of v-cross in vijayawada. The SA mentioned that MU-X will cost approx. 23 lakhs on road in vijayawada and closer to 27 lakhs in hyderabad. The lower cost is due to tax exemption from Andhra Pradesh govt. due to Isuzu plant being located in state.

From what I can make out going through various forums / websites, the MUX prices will range from 23 lakhs for lowest variant to 27 lakhs for the highest variant. Even if these are on road prices, it would be pretty difficult for Isuzu to make an impact with such prices. I feel folks would be happier shelling out a few lakhs more and getting more reputed and established products like Endeavour / Fortuner. Isuzu really needs to undercut Endeavour by a big margin to stand any chance at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvldvr (Post 4187581)
From what I can make out going through various forums / websites, the MUX prices will range from 23 lakhs for lowest variant to 27 lakhs for the highest variant. Even if these are on road prices, it would be pretty difficult for Isuzu to make an impact with such prices. I feel folks would be happier shelling out a few lakhs more and getting more reputed and established products like Endeavour / Fortuner. Isuzu really needs to undercut Endeavour by a big margin to stand any chance at all.

Yup at 23-27 lacs it would not make any sense as there is hardly any dealership presence and Isuzu does not have the brand value of a Toyota. Why I feel they may actually price lower is because in Thailand the Vcross is around 9-9.5 Lacs THB and the MUX is around 10.5-11 lacs THB. If we compare this to India, the Vcross is 13.4 lacs exshowroom the MUX then should be around 16.5-18. Which will be a great price if they can manage. Any exshowroom price higher than 20 will just not work in India for them. At a 20 lac exshowroom price​ the Innova Crysta VX is probably a better buy and offers great luxury and brand value. Though not a 4x4 the Innova actually meets the key requirements of reliability that most people need.
When I was in Ladakh I saw only Innovas as taxis as a majority and the drivers swear by their reliability and performance.

Why I am not too optimistic is that the MU7 which was an extremely dated model with leaf spring rear suspension and 80s Japanese interiors was sold higher than the Toyota Fortuner. That is why they are rarer than the Dodo. I hope they don't try to pull the same nonsense with the MUX.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitinralli (Post 4187578)
Its 17" for sure, not sure about 235/265. Looks like 235 to me.

Could be 255/65 R17. This is the tyre size available in Australia for MU-X.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 4186920)
Well what happens to the cost of the additional metal used, 3rd row glasses, and more importantly the hatch door? And let's not forget that rear doors will get bigger, there will be interior cladding, rubber beadings, and a lot more that goes in to making a pick up truck to a 7 seater SUV! And plus the cost of building this car will be surely higher than that of the V- Cross, so I surely see a 7-10 lakh difference at the minimum.

You know that the 7-10 lakhs you quote will get you a complete 4m SUV (EcoSport) right from engine to tires and including profit margins for Ford.

If ISUZU wants to achieve a shocking pricing, they very well can price the the MU-X within 2 lakhs of the VCROSS and still make similar margins as they are making right now.

I don't think we should be under the impression that Toyota had to increase Fortuner prices from 18L to 30L for the last generation because their input cost went up 2x. That was a pure profiteering measure. Remember, Chevy was selling a loaded CBU Trailblazer for 23.xx lakhs until recently. That too with 150% CBU duties.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asifgrkhan (Post 4188354)
I don't think we should be under the impression that Toyota had to increase Fortuner prices from 18L to 30L for the last generation because their input cost went up 2x.

They should probably relook at the VCross success. In my view, it clicked because of the VFM proposition and the perceived sense of reliability (being a Jap). It is still too early to comment on whether it is as reliable as a Toyota in our market given the comparatively lower volumes it has done till now. But still, the initial impressions seem positive. At this time, they need to cement this position further and not treat it as a launchpad to take on the likes of Fortuner. This SUV will give them much more exposure than what VCross did if they price it well.

A mere difference of 2-3L would not matter if you are ready to shell out 30+L. People would not blink for the MUX at that price, given the proven track record of the Fortuner. But, if the difference is more like 8-9L, one will be forced to think. For a moment at least. Eagerly waiting for the launch. :)

Just saw the MU-X in person today at Paramount Isuzu in Gurgaon today.
Few things I can confirm now, having seen it personally:
It will come with the 3 L engine.
There will be two variants, the 4x2 AT and the 4x4 AT
Initially they are not launching an MT 4x4 variant and that may be added later.
The car will come with ESP, TCS and all other systems.
The interior is much better than the Vcross and looks well finished. The seats are real leather (all contact areas) in light beige colour with door pad inserts also in the same colour.
There is the roof mounted 10inch TFT too for rear passengers and roof ac vents for 2nd and 3rd rows.
The 3rd row is really cramped and good only for kids.
The MID in the instrument console is coloured so this seems to be the MY16.5 Thailand version which is being launched here.
The price is to be revealed on May 11th but the idea the sales person gave me as 25 lacs on road for the 4X4 AT version, which would mean an exshowroom price of around 22 lacs. The 4x2 AT variant would be a lac cheaper.

Now comes the hard part of choosing by head or heart.
Head says go for the Innova Crysta ZX AT at a similar price while heart is saying to go for the MUX and I am stuck in a dilemma! I only wish they would have priced it 2 lacs cheaper to make the choice easier!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 4188810)
Just saw the MU-X in person today at Paramount Isuzu in Gurgaon today.
It will come with the 3 L engine.

Is that the same new 3.0L Ddi blue power Engine available in Thailand ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionX (Post 4188833)
Is that the same new 3.0L Ddi blue power Engine available in Thailand ?

Don't think the India version is the Blue power one as Blue power engines have a separate Urea tank for reducing emissions and the MUX I saw did not have it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 4188843)
Don't think the India version is the Blue power one as Blue power engines have a separate Urea tank for reducing emissions and the MUX I saw did not have it.

This is the specs for 3.0 L engine in Australia. This is Euro 5. I guess the urea tank is for Euro 5 engines only.

Isuzu 4JJ1-TC Hi-Power
Description 3.0 litre turbo diesel, in-line 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve with Diesel
Particulate Diffuser (DPD)
Maximum torque 430Nm @ 2000→2200 rpm (automatic and manual)

The same engine is available on MU-X in Thailand but the torque is limited to 380 Nm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionX (Post 4188882)
This is the specs for 3.0 L engine in Australia. This is Euro 5. I guess the urea tank is for Euro 5 engines only.

Isuzu 4JJ1-TC Hi-Power
Description 3.0 litre turbo diesel, in-line 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve with Diesel
Particulate Diffuser (DPD)
Maximum torque 430Nm @ 2000→2200 rpm (automatic and manual)

The same engine is available on MU-X in Thailand but the torque is limited to 380 Nm

Yes the India engine is the 177bhp 380Nm 3L engine spec which is the previous gen one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asifgrkhan (Post 418835)

I don't think we should be under the impression that Toyota had to increase Fortuner prices from 18L to 30L for the last generation because their input cost went up 2x. That was a pure profiteering measure. Remember, Chevy was selling a loaded CBU Trailblazer for 23.xx lakhs until recently. That too with 150% CBU duties.

Now at 19.95 lakhs only!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 4188810)
There will be two variants, the 4x2 AT and the 4x4 AT

Thanks for the update. Any idea if the AT is the older 5-Speed or the newer 6-Speed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 4188891)
Thanks for the update. Any idea if the AT is the older 5-Speed or the newer 6-Speed?

It is the newer 6 speed AT box which will be offered.