Team-BHP - Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/178687-scoop-next-gen-toyota-fortuner-spotted-edit-preview-page-14-a-13.html)

I believe it would be ~ Rs 38 lacs for the top variant OTR in A'bad.

Here's the brochure. Toyota has really upped the game. Interiors look fantastic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishk123 (Post 4088024)
Here's the brochure. Toyota has really upped the game. Interiors look fantastic.

Thanks. Interestingly, the brochure lists "specifications" at the end but does not disclose how the variants are broken up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 4087820)
Ok. Let's brace for some steep pricing. Hope Toyota will prove me wrong. I am expecting the top spec to hit 40lakhs OTR in Bangalore. That will be similarly priced as the Superb.

I hope of course that I'm wrong but I expect the top of line 4x4 A/T Fortuner to be about 2.5 lakhs over the 4x4 Endy titanium (on road price terms). Lets hope I'm wrong and they're priced much closer.

Quote:

Rear Diff locks (mechanical) v/s A-TRAC (electronic) for this Fortuner many people
Looks Karan is busy with Media drive :)

So here's the explanation on A-TRAC

The Active Traction Control (A-TRC) offers superior Limited Slip Differential (LSD) performance. What you get is acceleration and performance on slippery surfaces and escape capability when driving through terrains with low traction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishk123 (Post 4088024)

Looks little rounded and butch than before seen pics. Will again be a aspirational SUV and people will pay ! No moon roof (normal or panoramic) ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupgangwar (Post 4087809)
So, the D-day has arrived. Got a SMS from Nandi here in Bangalore that the launch is at 10:30AM. This may be aligned across India. I had decided not to prebook given the spread in the opinion in the reviews. Don't think that there have been a very high number of pre-bookings, at least that is what I unofficially heard from two dealerships in Bangalore.

I saw the new Fortuners at Nandi on Saturday (5th Nov). Interiors are more spacious than the outgoing model. Black looks stunning. White isn't as great as the old model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 4087820)
Ok. Let's brace for some steep pricing. Hope Toyota will prove me wrong. I am expecting the top spec to hit 40lakhs OTR in Bangalore. That will be similarly priced as the Superb.

Nandi Toyota guys said the top end will be 40 Lakhs. Seems like you guess will be correct! I'm sure they will price it above the Endeavor.

Prices, all ex-showroom Delhi:

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-cwpb2gjxaaae8vf.jpg
(Source)

Key highlights:

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-cwpba1hxeaawsfi.jpg
(Source)

Old vs new:

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-cwpzlhew8aak4vt.jpg
(Source)

Looks like a good pricing to start with. Toyota got another winner. clap:

They don't have too many variants just AT and MT ?

Looks like with this pricing Toyota officially killed the Endeavour :). I won't be surprised if in the next week they build up a few month long waiting period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunishsamuel (Post 4088127)

Only the 2.8 Diesel and the 2.7 Petrol. No 2.4 Hence just the AT & MT.

The Petrol Sales would be intriguing to see. Would be an interesting faceoff with the Endy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunishsamuel (Post 4088127)

Agree. Very good price to start with. Around 39.25 OTR Bangalore thereabouts. Would be interesting to see the bookings.

Definitely is going to sell and looks all set to regain the throne. The Endeavour appears a much better package and with 2 lacs cheaper price tag, appears a lot more VFM. I anticipate a price correction for the Endeavour. The 2WD variants is going to eat some of the Innova 2.8 Z market share for sure.

Seems to be sensibly priced by Toyota. Anyone know what is the price difference compared to the current (now old) generation. The variance is definitely not as much as that between the Innvoa and Innova Crysta (in % terms)

the difference between the old and new ones is around 3L Ex-Showroom.

Thread temporarily closed until we add Jaggu & Khan's Fortuner preview here :D. Will be back in 10 minutes.