Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2017, 12:51   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
A crude picture, to help explain the secondary clutch switch operation a little better...

When the driver slots into 1st gear and starts releasing the pedal, the secondary clutch switch starts moving along with the pedal (in the grey coloured area) and this sends a signal to the PCM that driver is trying to launch the car. So the PCM in turn directs the engine to create more torque - say 20 Nm, to enable a smooth launch, and thus the vehicle does not stall and gets moving smoothly.
Isn't this the same as the 'anti-stall' feature that the 1.6 Fiesta has? I guess even my Figo tdci has it.
Old 21st April 2017, 15:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs

Autocar review;

tharian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 20:42   #108
BHPian

Is it just me or has anyone else had the tail stepping out/lift off over steer when turning in? I feel the normal Figo feels the same too at some point.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st April 2017 at 21:07. Reason: Grammar
Old 21st April 2017, 21:01   #109
BHPian

Found a pic of the black color on MB. Looks Hawt !!

Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-figosportspictuxedoblack.jpg
400notout is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 21:05   #110
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Few First drive reviews.

Good to see Ford India is taking customer feedback seriously and acting on it quite swiftly!

Last edited by nerd1200 : 21st April 2017 at 21:20.
nerd1200 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 23:07   #111
Senior - BHPian

I see all these reviews mentioning "beefier anti-roll bar" but as far I know, none of the 1.2 petrol Aspire / Figos have them in the regular variants.

I should know - I went through a lot of heartache due to this issue when I was buying my Aspire. I discovered the "blunder" after which Ford confessed that none of the Figo/Aspire 1.2 Petrol variants get the Anti-roll bar.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3836008

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3837291

So, if the 1.2 Sport really has it, then it's a significant addition, not just an enhancement.
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 20:47   #112
BHPian

I'm looking to replace my 10 year old Getz and had gone through all the automatics up to 10L. Not really convinced with the way security and other features are reduced on those. Hyundai i10 AT had ABS removed - no Asta trim available. Jazz AT don't come with Magic seats. Was looking at Figo/Ecosport AT. This launch has put me in a further confused state as I love good handling cars. Thinking of sacrificing the ease of AT to enjoy the pleasure of driving a good car. Just waiting for the Team-BHP review to be out. Both my Getz and Vento DSG were bought based on the great info shared here and I always felt happy with both the cars.
rejeen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 22:07   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
Thinking of sacrificing the ease of AT to enjoy the pleasure of driving a good car.
Well, if you liked all other aspects of the Figo 1.5 DCT, you can always upgrade the wheels and suspension bits later. However, if you buy a MT for the sake of handling, you cannot upgrade the transmission later.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 22nd April 2017 at 22:09.
ashwin489 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 23:44   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
Well, if you liked all other aspects of the Figo 1.5 DCT, you can always upgrade the wheels and suspension bits later. However, if you buy a MT for the sake of handling, you cannot upgrade the transmission later.
I liked the safety features and DCT but not the 1.5L engine in particular. My liking was relative to what else is available in the market. Already love the Figo diesel engine and now the "S" just added more weight in its favour. A 👍🏻 from the T-BHP will help to take a decision.
Old 26th April 2017, 17:16   #115
BHPian

I was on a lookout for a decently sportier hatchback and was waiting for Maruti Boosterjet but the price and reviews swayed me over back to Figo 1.5 TDCI which was shortlisted as one of the top runners for test drives. Now I was in constant touch with Ford dealers in mumbai for test drives of 1.5 TDCI titanium variants since early February. After one test drive, I was neither here nor there in terms of deciding due to several reasons but then Figo S happened. Now the ford sales executives call me atl east once in a week or two for following up and not surprisingly I don't see any inclination from them for pursuing me to go for Figo S despite of my repeated inquiries for the newly launched Figo S. During my conversations last week, I was offered an additional discount on the old figo when I insisted on test drive for Figo S, if I make a prompt booking. Dealer stock clearance attempt maybe.

Nevertheless, waiting for their confirmation on Figo S test drive and then I shall take the plunge. Any idea on Figo S TD, waiting period etc in mumbai or other cities?
Old 26th April 2017, 18:50   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Any idea on Figo S TD, waiting period etc in mumbai or other cities?
I guess it was posted earlier in the Asprie Official review thread that each dealer will probably get a fixed number of Figo S in May after which there will be a 2 month wait for the car. Not sure of specific city wise break up though.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 18:58   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Nevertheless, waiting for their confirmation on Figo S test drive and then I shall take the plunge. Any idea on Figo S TD, waiting period etc in mumbai or other cities?
Test Drive is unavailable as of now for the Figo S as told by the Ford dealer here in Trivandrum. It seems like they have a Figo S and Aspire S for display but it is not meant for test drive.
I was quoted a maximum waiting period of one month for the Figo diesel S.
VishnuNarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 22:09   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
each dealer will probably get a fixed number of Figo S in May after which there will be a 2 month wait for the car.
Okay, that's new to me. Explains why the reluctance for Figo S at least initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
Test Drive is unavailable as of now for the Figo S
I was quoted a maximum waiting period of one month for the Figo diesel S.
Thanks for the update Vishnu. The dealer in mumbai have neither confirmed nor denied for the test drive of Figo S. Guess i have to wait & watch for some update by mid May
Old 27th April 2017, 05:52   #119
Senior - BHPian

A Buyer's Guide on Figo Sports Edition by Autocar. I like this crisp no nonsense review style. Good work.

deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 08:08   #120
Senior - BHPian

I was in Trivandrum for a couple of days and noticed they were quite a bit of new Figo and Aspire in the city. Much more than the occasional cab I spot in Bangalore.

Also saw a newspaper ad in the local paper for the new sports editions. Surprisingly it listed out all the additions,but had no mention about the suspension.
I'm most probably zeroing in on the Aspire sports edition and with no reviews available,I am wondering if it actually has a stiffer suspension.

What kept me from the Aspire were the tires and suspension and now with the sports edition, I hope it makes it on the Aspire as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks