Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2017, 15:38   #76
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs

As per the instagram pictures, they are Apollo Alnac 4g tyres. Enthusiasts will anyway go for tyres better suited to their needs as much as their budget allows. This car now joins the select club of hatchbacks that come with 195 width tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Anyone aware of what rubber is being provided by Ford on the 15 inch alloys? If the rubber is not of good quality then it may mean the enthusiast having to switch to a better brand post purchase.
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 15:58   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo S - suspension tweaks

A question here.
Is the black roof in the Figo S, a painted one or it's a sticker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post

VW, are you listening? Better brakes / suspension on your GT twins would be more welcome than the cosmetic additions every 6 months. It is appaling that brakes and suspension setup are identical between 75PS/110Nm and 110PS/250Nm variants of the same car
Brakes are the same. Agreed.

However, the suspension setup may not be exactly the same.
The suspension is the diesel has to handle much more weight in the front. So, it would be stiffer up front.
Old 18th April 2017, 16:32   #78
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo S - suspension tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post

Brakes are the same. Agreed.

However, the suspension setup may not be exactly the same.
The suspension is the diesel has to handle much more weight in the front. So, it would be stiffer up front.

Indeed, different axle load ratings and different spring ratings (and that's pretty much all), but they are effectively not contributing to better dynamics. In fact, at least for the 1.6 GT TDI, it feels significantly nose heavy and tend to under-steer more than its petrol siblings with a lighter front end. Not to mention the torque steer with standard tyre compound/size. As I understand dampers are the same, most of the bushings also. When you have a car that produces significantly more power/torque and slapped with a 'GT' moniker, the least they could do was just dig into the extensive parts bin of Polos across various markets and provide better ways to put that power to the road.

I do appreciate VW for giving their most potent diesel engine application of Polo anywhere in the globe for the Indian car also. However, with the slew of updates they performed on the car (at least since I bought mine in late 2013), they could have did more justice to that GT badge.

Last edited by avinash_clt : 18th April 2017 at 16:50. Reason: spelling
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 13:46   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs

CarWale has come up with drive report, and in general it looks positive. Wish these changes had carried forward to the automatic variant too.

https://www.carwale.com/ford-cars/fi...reviews-28707/

Credit: carwale
Old 19th April 2017, 14:18   #80
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India Figo S review. Seems its more than a nose job. Autocar India mentions that the Anti Roll Bar has been beefed up alongwith some fettling done to the springs. On the whole, its a positive report.

Link:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-404702.aspx
Old 19th April 2017, 14:20   #81
BHPian

Disappointing that the 6-airbags option is not on Ford's price-list, despite it being mentioned as optionally available in the model comparison on the website.
Old 19th April 2017, 18:13   #82
Senior - BHPian

Visited the Ford showroom while passing by and saw the Figo sports parked. Prices are not out and there is no sight of the Aspire S nor does the showroom guys know when it will arrive. Figo is the main attraction and I hope Aspire has the same changes as it does.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-img_4892.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-img_4893.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-img_4894.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-img_4895.jpg  

tharian is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 20:12   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Visited the Ford showroom while passing by and saw the Figo sports parked. Prices are not out and there is no sight of the Aspire S nor does the showroom guys know when it will arrive. Figo is the main attraction and I hope Aspire has the same changes as it does.
Price-list is updated on the Ford website, based on which the rough OTR can be extrapolated.
Old 19th April 2017, 20:52   #84
BHPian

needforspeed88 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 22:42   #85
Senior - BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the report from the media drive by T-BHP. Specially the questions by avinash_clt about retro fitting the suspension components into the normal figo. Most media houses are coming out with their reviews now so the T-BHP one should not be too far away i hope!
Old 20th April 2017, 15:21   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Overdrive Video Review :

1. Stiffer suspension, lowered by 5mm.. But GC is same due to 15 inch tyres

2. Lesser body roll

3. Looks good with dual tone : White car with black roof and ORVM
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 15:43   #87
BHPian

So, from the recent moves of Ford, Maruti and VW, it appears that a different coloured roof and bigger alloys somehow makes a car go faster/makes the drive more involving (i.e. sporty).

IMHO, these guys should be advising F1 teams, as they are able to achieve superior performance at a fraction of the cost.
ashwin489 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 17:21   #88
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
So, from the recent moves of Ford, Maruti and VW, it appears that a different coloured roof and bigger alloys somehow makes a car go faster/makes the drive more involving (i.e. sporty).

IMHO, these guys should be advising F1 teams, as they are able to achieve superior performance at a fraction of the cost.
Ford have actually tuned the suspension differently, tuned the anti-roll bars and provided bigger, fatter tyres in this version which means more grip and you can push the car around corners at higher speeds.

So its not just a cosmetic job.
A M is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 18:03   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post

I am glad we are getting options in all price points now apart from the usual sticker job as earlier. Those who want it and think it's the best bet for them will go for it. Others have other models and trims to choose from.
In regards to Ford, they atleast did this edition by lowering the suspension, fatter tyres and that leather covered steering wheel is
These will transform the car quite a bit especially for enthusiasts. Doesn't matter what others think of this edition, i am for sure kicked about this.

F1 cars did go for the fatter tyres this year and these cars are the fastest ever over a lap.

Last edited by tharian : 20th April 2017 at 18:04.
tharian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 18:19   #90
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to Ford for not slapping on a few decals and calling it a Sportz(s) variant

This is what the Figo/Aspire should have been when it was launched. The little enthusiast in me was disappointed with the dynamics offered in the Figo/Aspire twins. These upgrades makes them feel like a Ford again now.

How is the build quality inside this new Ford in S avatar. The Fiesta S used to have soft touch material on the dash and the quality of materials used in the interior were of very good quality compared to the conventional Fiesta. I hope its the same.

Those who think whats the big deal with just a suspension & wheel upgrade, good luck

Last edited by anachronix : 20th April 2017 at 18:21.
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks