Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2017, 09:11   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I'm most probably zeroing in on the Aspire sports edition and with no reviews available,I am wondering if it actually has a stiffer suspension.

What kept me from the Aspire were the tires and suspension and now with the sports edition, I hope it makes it on the Aspire as well.
Logically speaking, it should. It has the same spec tyre as on the Figo S, and has 15 inch alloys too (though in a different design) and hence, the suspension should have been carried over too.
Don't they allow test drives of these Sports variants?
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 09:59   #122
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs

Quote:
I was in Trivandrum for a couple of days and noticed they were quite a bit of new Figo and Aspire in the city. Much more than the occasional cab I spot in Bangalore.
Yeah. There are quite a few number of Aspire sedan here in Trivandrum. And there seem to be a trend of Aspires replacing the Dzire Tour and the lower variant Figo Diesel replacing the hatchbacks among the online taxi operators in city.May be the kmpl factor and lower spare part costs are the attractions from their point of view

+1. I also kept away from Figo because of the skinny tyres. Though aftermarket swaps are possible, I love to keep the vehicle stock and the warranty intact. Now the S variant of the Figo is what I am looking for but the so said waiting period is a deal breaker for me.
From the inputs from the dealership I think Aspire has a longer wait compared to Figo and regarding the S variants they are quoting a tentative one month wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Don't they allow test drives of these Sports variants?
The dealerships have display car of both Aspire S and Figo S. But they are unregistered cars showcased in the showroom floor. Other than that there seems to be no TD car available.
Old 27th April 2017, 10:33   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

PowerDrift Video Review :

Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 16:10   #124
Senior - BHPian

As per the showroom folks, they will only get 2-3 sports editions in a month, which means the factory will manufacture limited numbers which I have a feeling will stop sooner or later.

Which brings me to the question, the parts specific to the sports edition are the suspension bits which will wear out over time and will they be available few years down the line?
Since the other models use the normal suspension parts which are produced in higher numbers, it wouldn't be an issue. Don't want ending up reverting to non sports suspension when the time comes.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 21:05   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Which brings me to the question, the parts specific to the sports edition are the suspension bits which will wear out over time and will they be available few years down the line?
Since the other models use the normal suspension parts which are produced in higher numbers, it wouldn't be an issue. Don't want ending up reverting to non sports suspension when the time comes.
Even I thought about the availability of those in the long term which in turn would require replacement, but if we look at the history of Ford Fiesta S and its long term ownership, people still seems to be happy/okaish with the spares availability and support provided by Ford.

Another look worthy review of the Ford Figo Sport with a lot of pictures. The link is given below.
http://www.motorworldindia.com/ford-...d-test-review/

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 30th April 2017 at 21:06.
VishnuNarayanan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 22:21   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which brings me to the question, the parts specific to the sports edition are the suspension bits....
While we are still waiting for the official media event verdict from T-BHP, would like to know if there is any details around what are the parts in the suspension that has been changed? It is not very clear in the reviews by the media houses if the entire suspension is changed or if it is just the coil springs that have been stiffened and lowered. Also there is mention of beefier anti-roll bar. And the penultimate question, is it easily retrofitted into the normal figo without lot of meddling around. If you have any contacts at the service center it would help to know this. In my first service, my usual advisor from the Fiesta Classic days has left the job and the others there are clueless about the Sports variant.
Old 2nd May 2017, 01:57   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In all probability, the new suspension bits are from the UK variant that is exported from India. So the question of parts shortage should not be an issue as even that is produced in good numbers.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 10:28   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
It is not very clear in the reviews by the media houses if the entire suspension is changed or if it is just the coil springs that have been stiffened and lowered. Also there is mention of beefier anti-roll bar. And the penultimate question, is it easily retrofitted into the normal figo without lot of meddling around.
It is more or less what you have mentioned that has been changed on the Sports edition. For specifics, we will need to wait for the review.
Regarding fitting these parts onto a non-Sports edition, even if it is possible, I doubt if the service center will do it.
If you haven't done it yet, I would strongly suggest increasing the tyre size on the stock wheels first which will increase the stability and feel factor to an extent. The 175 width size is narrow for this car.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 16:42   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you haven't done it yet, I would strongly suggest increasing the tyre size on the stock wheels first which will increase the stability and feel factor to an extent. The 175 width size is narrow for this car.
Got the tyres and alloys changed to 195/55-15 on the day of delivery. The car on this set up is really good with perfect feedback from the steering and it does not make the steering very hard to use at city speeds or ghat sections. At the same time it provides good feedback at highway speeds. The change to 195 section on 15 inch rims has added ~10mm to the ground clearance too. The ride quality has not suffered and still feels plush over bad roads. Hence I am not in a hurry to change th suspension bits right away. Just want to know if it can be an option when the suspension parts are due for a change.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 18:41   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Got the tyres and alloys changed to 195/55-15 on the day of delivery.....
Did you do it with Ford's blessing?

Now that the tire/alloy combo is officially sold here, about time Ford stopped holding non-S variant owners to 'warranty' ransom for wanting an upgrade.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 18:46   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Did you do it with Ford's blessing?
Now that the tire/alloy combo is officially sold here, about time Ford stopped holding non-S variant owners to 'warranty' ransom for wanting an upgrade.
Nope, no blessing!! But since I bought the Figo from the same Sales person who sold me the Fiesta Classic in 2014, I already had a good rapport with him. So informed him of the change and also asked him for a Service Adviser who will not create issues. My Classic days adviser had moved jobs and not there at the service center anymore. Like you mention, since Ford is officially selling the same tyre/alloy combo, they should not have issues. But they can still deny warranty on suspension (if it exists) stating that the S variants come with different suspension to support the bigger tyre/alloy combo. It also depends on the rapport at the service center most of the times.

Mod Note: Our Ford Figo Sports Edition Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 15th May 2017 at 12:23.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks