Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 14:15   #16
BHPian

Re: TAMO: Tata's new mobility solutions brand. Full details on page 3

Looks interesting, but too concept-ey. I don't think it's ever going to go into production.

I'm interested in the engine more than anything. The specs on paper seem to suggest that it'd be great to rev (like it should be, in a sportscar) since it retains almost all of its peak torque (around 97.6%) at its peak power point of 6500 RPM and the power doesn't flatten out early like in most other turbo petrols.

Even if this car remains as a concept, I hope the engine doesn't remain as one. It would be good to see the engine being plonked in a high performance version of their upcoming premium hatch/sedan mated to a 6 speed manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
More pics from TAMO website
Are Tata releasing this car in Forza Horizon 3?

EDIT: Yes, they are. Seems to be a part of the deal with Microsoft. Nice way to popularize the car worldwide though I'm not sure if they'd be launching it outside India.

Here's the video. Ignore the engine sound

Last edited by theredliner : 7th March 2017 at 14:28.
theredliner is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 14:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

They could have explained the MOFlex Multi-Material Sandwich (MMS) structure technology better.

TAMO's press release tells me that this technology was purchased from renowned Italian designer Marcello Gandini in 2007.

The C-Cube concept was also manufactured using the same technology.

Using this technology, less than 30 moulds are all that are needed to make the sports car, whereas a typical metal-bodied car uses upwards of 400 parts and very expensive dies.

Not only are parts and complexity reduced, the need for the typical high investment aspects of the conventional automobile manufacturing is eliminated, doing away completely with the press shop, the weld shop and reducing both the paint shop and the final assembly to a fraction of the conventional car manufacturing plant.

The total investment for such a technology is estimated at one-fifth the cost of the traditional manufacturing systems.

Now I wonder whether the term modular means anything for the customer as well. Does he get to change certain body parts, or what? What is it in for him?

Source:
Link 1
Link 2
Attached Thumbnails
Tata / Tamo 'Racemo' Sportscar: Mid-engined, 1.2-liter turbo, 187 BHP-racemo-journey.jpg  

Last edited by ashutoshb : 7th March 2017 at 14:31.
ashutoshb is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 14:28   #18
BHPian

Firstly, hats off to Tata for having the guts to make a car like this, in a market where mileage takes first precedence!

IMO, the design looks a million times better than the only other Indian sportscar, the DC Avanti . I think they could have designed it a little better, but this is a concept, so we should wait for the production ready version.
I was holding my breath to see what the specifications of this car would be, and like others, I'm also sceptical about the performance because of the 1.2 Litre 3 Cylinder engine, plus the AMT.

But, there is another car that comes to mind, which had an even smaller engine, but stunning performance. And yes, I know that the Ecoboost was built more for racing, but I still think we should wait for some drive reviews before passing judgement

Cheers

Last edited by Joxster : 7th March 2017 at 14:30.
Joxster is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 14:30   #19
BANNED

A sincere attempt by an Indian company towards motorsports, should be applauded.

Like all I am also apprehensive on that little 3 pot 1.2 baby dinosaur pumping 190 ps of power.

From picture, the car seems a bit taller compare to a sports car and not too aerodynamically matured. Even 165 mm ground clearance would rather high for a sports car. I am not sure whether enough downforce would be available during fast corners.
I think I miss if this is a rear wheel drive or four wheel drive. Hope they provide a four wheel drive.

Edit:

A bigger rear wheel indicates a rear wheel drive?
Quote:
The body construction with integrated crash safety protection with driver and passenger air bags, meets upcoming Indian regulat
ions.
A sports car with 2 airbags only, I am speechless .

Last edited by PetrolRider : 7th March 2017 at 14:39.
PetrolRider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 14:32   #20
BANNED

I hope you guys have noticed this already. Its a sub 4m car with a 1.2L turbo engine.
It qualifies for the excise cut benefits as well LOL.

Hope it turns out to be a great driver's car. India is really short of a reasonably priced 2 seater sports cars
agambhandari is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 14:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Under 1.2 Liter engine and Under 4 Meters.

Was their plan to take advantage of lower excise duties with this? Could aid Tata to answer few prayers of lower "expected" sale price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I hope you guys have noticed this already. Its a sub 4m car with a 1.2L turbo engine.
It qualifies for the excise cut benefits as well LOL.

Hope it turns out to be a great driver's car. India is really short of a reasonably priced 2 seater sports cars
LOL. Good observation. Tata seems smart. Hope they pass on the benefits to us customers. A sportscar that masses can afford (not counting the unimpressive and sub-standard Avanti). Will be dream come true for many.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 7th March 2017 at 14:45.
The Brutailer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 15:06   #22
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pics of the interiors.

Source: TaMo
Attached Thumbnails
Tata / Tamo 'Racemo' Sportscar: Mid-engined, 1.2-liter turbo, 187 BHP-05.d9ae06a1.jpg  

Tata / Tamo 'Racemo' Sportscar: Mid-engined, 1.2-liter turbo, 187 BHP-08.5f11b11d.jpg  

//M is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 15:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

TATA seems to be finally coming of age. Their new products, the Tiago and the Hexa, are definitely light years ahead of the Indica series. And now this, first home-bred sportscar from a mainsteam Indian car manufacturer. The Racemo’s design is said to be a modern-day interpretation of the Opel Speedster. The chassis comes from the house of Marcello Gandini. But, ultimately, it's an Indian effort like none other. I'm getting a bit carried away here, but suddenly, I'm so proud of Tata Motors for putting us on a global stage.

Regards
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 16:14   #24
BHPian

Wow what a design! Definitely looks better than the Avanti

They should make it more affordable (15-20 lacs) and mass produce it. It makes much sense on our roads than supercars, and you'll be able to buy one when you are young enough to enjoy one!

Way to go, Tamo
Old 7th March 2017, 16:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
A sports car with 2 airbags only, I am speechless .
DC Avanti has none! Epic!?
purohitanuj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 16:49   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Some pics of the interiors.
Nice!

If that's what the interiors look like, it should be a huge selling point.

Love that steering wheel & the anodized paddles! But with a steering wheel like that, I wonder where the second airbag is?

Note that each car has a number on it (001 shown on the car in the exterior pics, 002 on the car in the interior renders). This is probably the production number (ie. # 002 of 250)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
A bigger rear wheel indicates a rear wheel drive?
It is mid-engined. That almost always means RWD

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th March 2017 at 17:20.
Rehaan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 16:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to tata for atleast trying to make something like this!
It will be a proud moment for India when this car finally goes into production.

No one has bothered to launch any of the junior entry level sports cars in India, even though Major players like Toyota, Hyundai have them on sale abroad.

Cars like Hyundai Veloster, Toyota GT86, MX5 are not expensive (Below 20Lakhs in INR terms), but are truly rewarding to drive & extremely cool to be seen in!

If launched and priced around 15-20Lakhs, this Tata sports car could be a sales success.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 7th March 2017 at 16:58. Reason: spelling
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 17:05   #28
BHPian

The menu in the dashboard has a take selfie and video option!
N.r.K is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 17:12   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
It is mid-engined. That almost always means RWD
I was hoping, just hoping a M4 layout .
Old 7th March 2017, 17:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Nice job by Tata. The moment I looked at this car, it reminded me of the Honda S660. Almost like a souped up version of this car !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_S660

And that A pillar is too close to the steering wheel (and thick as well), dont you guys think it should be bit further away towards right ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks