Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 18:06   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: TAMO: Tata's new mobility solutions brand. Full details on page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I was hoping, just hoping a M4 layout .
Honestly, AWD is overkill for our conditions, and especially for a 190PS road-car.

It will just add to weight & cost and wont have any noticeable benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
And that A pillar is too close to the steering wheel (and thick as well), dont you guys think it should be bit further away towards right ?
Just looks like that in the render because of the positioning of the camera and the focal length / 'lens' used.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 18:20   #32
BHPian

Wow. This look too good a design from Tata.

While it looks great in design, a 3pot engine is a downer, I am slightly confused with their strategy. 1.2litre with sub-4mtr size, they are clearly looking for tax relief (means reducing sticker price). On the other hand they will be producing only 250 of these cars which means exclusivity/premiumness.

Can anyone solve this puzzle?
roushan84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 18:38   #33
BHPian

Looks like Tata are very aggressive about RaceMo. Pratap bose conveys that you can expect the launch of RaceMo deliveries by end of year 2017, even Guenter Butschek says the same in another video link posted in Nexon!

Last edited by prasathlr : 7th March 2017 at 18:53.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 18:42   #34
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Loved the looks, Looks really modern, and I guess the price too is right is at about 25L.

I guess this is more about making a statement rather than selling in numbers. 250 sounds about right.

Like the slightly busy design.

Not a fan of the two screens on either side of the steering.

I guess in the interest of wt reduction 2 airbags is the max one would get in such a supercar aspirant. Wonder what the other big branded super cars have.

Actually on looks it feels worth 50L plus.

6 secs 0-100 is what a 530D or X3 3.0d takes. And yes it is fun.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 19:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Not a fan of the two screens on either side of the steering.
+1 Sir. Those screens by the side of the steering look like LCD monitors of my desktop in office

It is really a great innovation from an Indian auto manufacturer. IMHO, TAMO has to struggle to sell those 250 units even, as target customers might expect bigger engine and awful performance.

Last edited by Hickstead : 7th March 2017 at 19:19. Reason: Typo
Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 19:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

First of all HATS off to TATA MOTORS , when the pictures were first displayed all said its just a fake render , and now we see this marvel right at the 2017 Auto show.
This car surely showcases the total transformation that TATA has gone through. This shows the engineering capability and the ability to integrate the latest and futuristic technology.
If only the brand perception changes at the similar rapid pace at which TAMO is moving ahead TAMO will see huge success.
Old 7th March 2017, 19:29   #37
BHPian

Oh man....just blown away!!!
This is one beautiful beast. Some people have commented about this being over-designed. I, for one, will take this overdesign anyday over the XUV500 kind of overdesign
Old 7th March 2017, 19:53   #38
BHPian

Official TaMo video
Great effort by the homegrown automaker. May appear a little over designed, but I suspect the production version will get sufficiently watered down. It will be interesting to see how it fares in the niche market.
Besides, this augurs well for future mainstream Tata cars too as the design and technology experiences trickle down.
cogWheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 19:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hope this launch spawns a track day culture in our country with light, agile sports cars focused on handling and a pure driving experience. Without that ecosystem it would just be posuer mobiles taken out late nights or weekends.

Time to warm up to our homegrown Lotuses and Ariels!
Old 7th March 2017, 20:19   #40
BHPian

Great effort by TAMO. If the predicted price of 25 lakhs is true, then its a steal. A VW GTI costs 26 lakh ex showroom and Tata claims this to have better performance than that. Is there any other car under 50 lakhs that can do a 6s 0-100?

And this engine is something. Not many small engines have that kind of power density. BMW i8's 1.5 I3 engine makes 231 PS, this TAMO engine is in that league.

Last edited by deerhunter : 7th March 2017 at 20:22.
Old 7th March 2017, 20:19   #41
BHPian

Here is some info on the Italian who designed the car http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...arket/57505490
Visran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 21:49   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Am a bit confused with these specs as most of you. A 1.2L petrol engine which makes 190 PS but just 210 Nm torque?! AMT, 3 pot and a 25L price tag. It all sounds weird. Do we really have enthusiasts who'll splurge on a TATA 2 door?

Is TATA trying to showcase the versatility of the 1.2L Revotron and build a brand around the engine family? And a 2017 X-Mas release for the product?! Too many questions in my mind. I kind of like the design, but I'd prefer a sleeker design on a super car than a masculine one.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 21:58   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Nice!

If that's what the interiors look like, it should be a huge selling point.

Love that steering wheel & the anodized paddles! But with a steering wheel like that, I wonder where the second airbag is?

Note that each car has a number on it (001 shown on the car in the exterior pics, 002 on the car in the interior renders). This is probably the production number (ie. # 002 of 250)

It is mid-engined. That almost always means RWD
I think if you see the images in Tweets, you will notice 2 RACEMOs on display.

I am guessing the 001 car is the stock production level car and the 002 car is the race version.

Which explains your observation of the lack of equipment in the interior of the 002 interior.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
FourWheelDrift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 22:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Is there any details on the weight? that would give us an idea of what to expect in the handling department (light = agile) suspension would surely be on the firm side. Would love to have something like this on my garage
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 22:18   #45
BHPian

The car certainly looks stunning. I am really impressed with the stellar turn back from the old days of Tata designing outdated cars. This will certainly improve the brand perception.
The funny thing is that, even though this being a sports car, it's certainly commanding the lower excise duties as it's sub 4 Mt and <4mtn length.
The only downside I absolutely hate is the limited 250 unit production. TAMO should build this car and sell it as a Halo car just to keep up the brand image and not limiting it to a mere handful of examples. It really has the bells and whistles to create a new culture. A small, stylish, powerful, comparatively cheap sports car from a mainstream manufacturer in India. How can it get better?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks