Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2017, 21:49   #31
BANNED

re: 2017 Skoda Octavia facelift spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 15.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Caught again on the Jalgaon-Aurangabad highway, this time in a different shade.

Pic credit - Yogesh Patil on FB
This has the ducktail spoiler!

Is this an indication that the 1.8 TSI lives on? Or are we getting the 2.0 T as well
Old 14th May 2017, 13:15   #32
BHPian

re: 2017 Skoda Octavia facelift spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 15.49 lakh

From the pics, the interiors seems to have a few changes compared to the 2016 model

- New dials for speedometer and tachometer
- A new head unit. Columbus perhaps? Looks like the one with capacitive touch
- New rear seats. The current one has horizontal cushion stripes
- Slightly different door panel pattern. Currently it's a wood finish and the new one appears a shade darker. Not very sure on this though and the difference I see could be just due to the picture quality.

The steering, gear lever and AC controls remains the same.
Old 14th May 2017, 13:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is this really the new Octavia? I think the shape of the clear lens part of the tail lamp is slightly different in the new version (bottom edge sloping down instead of a straight line as in current Octavia). This looks like the pre-facelift Octavia to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
This has the ducktail spoiler!

Is this an indication that the 1.8 TSI lives on? Or are we getting the 2.0 T as well
The 1.8 TSI is offered with the facelift Octavia here in Finland.
StarrySky is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 23:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:

Pic credit - Yogesh Patil on FB
Looks like an independent suspension for the rear. Skoda did a big blunder by offering the torsion beam for the rear suspension of the previous which is a big thumbs down and a serious cost cutting as well. Hope the independent suspension is offered on all variants as it offers superior ride quality and better highway stability.
Old 17th May 2017, 09:35   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
Looks like an independent suspension for the rear.
You are right but this is most likely the petrol variant. Notice the boot spoiler? That is/was only on the petrol variants which anyway had independent rear suspension.
Old 17th May 2017, 09:39   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks like an independent suspension for the rear. Skoda did a big blunder by offering the torsion beam for the rear suspension of the previous which is a big thumbs down and a serious cost cutting as well. Hope the independent suspension is offered on all variants as it offers superior ride quality and better highway stability.
How can you tell without bending down and checking it out?
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 12:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope the independent suspension is offered on all variants as it offers superior ride quality and better highway stability.
Nothing has changed in the suspension specifications here in Finland. If you want independent suspension in diesel, you need to get either a 4x4 version or vRS.
StarrySky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 12:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
How can you tell without bending down and checking it out?
Sir, I have mentioned the phrase "Looks like" in the beginning which means that it's not 100 percent confirmed that it's an independent rear suspension in the rear. Anyways by zooming in on the picture near the rear wheel itself we can find out that the variant on the above picture has an independent suspension on the rear.
Old 19th May 2017, 21:47   #39
BHPian

I have been closely following Octavia and almost booked pre-face lift version as well. Here is the the insight from Skoda team; Launch of Octavia 2017 is happening on 25th June, dealer staffs training is scheduled for 2nd & 3rd June.
shahbaz63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 14:06   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz63 View Post
I have been closely following Octavia and almost booked pre-face lift version as well. Here is the the insight from Skoda team; Launch of Octavia 2017 is happening on 25th June, dealer staffs training is scheduled for 2nd & 3rd June.
I have a booking on a TDI style plus and was supposed to take a delivery two weeks back. Holding back to see the updates on this one. What is the expected Ex-Showroom price for the new vehicle for the top end Variant(Diesel). Need to take a decision very soon. :/
Old 20th May 2017, 17:39   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
I have a booking on a TDI style plus and was supposed to take a delivery two weeks back. Holding back to see the updates on this one. What is the expected Ex-Showroom price for the new vehicle for the top end Variant(Diesel). Need to take a decision very soon. :/
Hi Nishith,

My executive told me about 2L more on existing top end diesel variant and around 85K more on petrol top end which is style plus at this moment. Better to wait a month.

PS: They were offering me Diesel top end (Onyx) for the cost of petrol variant, with delivery within a weeks time.
Old 20th May 2017, 21:16   #42
BHPian

I have pre-booked the new one. Training is definitely starting on 2nd June. Hopefully shall get prices and other details soon.
Old 26th May 2017, 12:59   #43
BHPian

Just got the latest from Skoda Mumbai dealer, launch is postpone to first week of July due to ongoing GST implementation. Cost will go down by a 1 Lakh for Octavia & Superb from 1 July 2017.

If its true, than I believe pricing would be somewhat similar to current generation Octavia.
Old 26th May 2017, 16:22   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz63 View Post
Just got the latest from Skoda Mumbai dealer, launch is postpone to first week of July due to ongoing GST implementation. Cost will go down by a 1 Lakh for Octavia & Superb from 1 July 2017.

If its true, than I believe pricing would be somewhat similar to current generation Octavia.
This is good news. However, I was told while pre-booking that the cost might increase by 2L or so. Does this mean it will only increase by 1L or actually reduce the old cost by 1L? If I remember correctly, the top end petrol was about 26L. So 25L or 27L is the question.
Old 26th May 2017, 16:35   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
This is good news. However, I was told while pre-booking that the cost might increase by 2L or so. Does this mean it will only increase by 1L or actually reduce the old cost by 1L? If I remember correctly, the top end petrol was about 26L. So 25L or 27L is the question.
Its a speculation...

Diesel Octavia top end was suppose to be 2 Lakh above the existing model where as Petrol will be around 80K to 1 Lakh.

Now given the G.S.T implementation, Petrol Octavia should cost somewhere near 27 L.

And further update : Octavia RS is coming to India, launch will happen by Sep/Oct 2017. (may be along with Kodiaq).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks