Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2017, 19:46   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra Scorpio facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.97 lakhs

Mahindra Scorpio face-lift spied undisguised.

Mahindra Scorpio facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.97 lakhs-2018mahindrascorpiofaceliftindialaunchdatepriceenginespecsfeaturesinterior2696x591.jpg
Mahindra Scorpio facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.97 lakhs-2018mahindrascorpiofaceliftindialaunchdatepriceenginespecsfeaturesinterior8853x640.jpg
Mahindra Scorpio facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.97 lakhs-2018mahindrascorpiofaceliftindialaunchdatepriceenginespecsfeaturesinterior3480x640.jpg
Mahindra Scorpio facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.97 lakhs-2018mahindrascorpiofaceliftindialaunchdatepriceenginespecsfeaturesinterior6480x640.jpg

The updated Mahindra Scorpio will arrive at local showrooms soon, as the market launch has been scheduled for November 14.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th November 2017 at 19:48.
volkman10 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 21:21   #62
BHPian

Mahindra can give all the facelifts they want, the first gen was the best looking.
And what is with the front grill, looks unnecessarily close to the Jeep Compass(also that's Jeeps signature grill).
glikithvinayaka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 21:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Shameless Plagiarism on the part of Mahindra !!
I hope FCA files for trademark infringement because its obvious they have copied the JEEP grill.
nik_kapur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 11:32   #64
BHPian

Oh God! What's wrong with Mahindra.

When all other manufactures going from strength to strength on the design front, Mahindra goes the opposite. There is no car from them after XUV, which can be called 'Not Ugly'.

Is that what acquisition of Pininfarina can do
Asish_VK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 11:57   #65
BHPian

Mahindra is surely loosing the plot. That's a cheap trick. No wonder Pininfarina was going bankrupt and why Mahindra acquired it, to do a copy paste job. FCA should file a trademark infringement against them for copying the jeep grill.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th November 2017 at 12:36. Reason: Typo
Old 10th November 2017, 12:42   #66
BHPian

That Mahindra logo looks out of place!!! From the photos on the link, it is evident that new Scorpio gets a 6 speed gearbox. Third row bench seats, integrated turn indicators on the mirror and much better looking, simple rear. I can't identify the variant though.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 13:12   #67
BHPian

I have the S10 version of the Scorpio, and frankly this new grill and alloy design looks bad to me. I hope they give a 6th gear as that is what is needed and hope they modify the rear suspension which is way too bouncy.
Old 10th November 2017, 14:58   #68
BHPian

Three things that the Scorpio needs in addition to two things which Mahindra have already done with this refresh, 140hp tune and 6 speed gearbox.

1] New body shell not just in terms of aesthetics but also safety.

2] Slightly extended wheelbase which will not only help in dynamics and stability but also ride quality which is still bouncy at the rear. The chassis underneath is anyways a modular one so they can extend the wheelbase. The customer profile of XUV500 and Scorpio are different so Mahindra need not worry about Scorpio eating in to XUV500 share.

3] Go back to a robust and simplistic design philosophy which suits the profile of the product and Mahindra better.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 18:02   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
That Mahindra logo looks out of place!!! From the photos on the link, it is evident that new Scorpio gets a 6 speed gearbox. Third row bench seats, integrated turn indicators on the mirror and much better looking, simple rear. I can't identify the variant though.
I guess what the Scorpio also needed was less visual bling, improved tail lights & sorting out the ergonomic issues in the interior.
jayram.r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 18:04   #70
BHPian

Mahindra wants to go down in history as one of the quirkiest designer of automobiles.
-Toning down of XUV was subjective, but to some extent it lost the imposing character.
-Nuvosport (name is enough)
-KUV100 (how can we forget the best design on planet)
-Verito Vibe (the gorgeous boot integration)

And now the much loved Scorpio. Honestly, the current one looks more facelift to the facelifted one. The current one got better grill (not a me-too grill a-la-compass), better rear door, even better alloys! Why are you refreshing it to add bitterness?

Mahindra please get a much needed total overhaul of the Scorpio. Even the fortuner did it nicely and still succeeding. Scorpio brand carries loyalty, use it for the better. And please don't overhaul it to an ugly duckling. It is an already high selling vehicle. Re-engineer it to get 5 star safety, better interiors and ergonomics and it will be loved by people even more. Do all this while you still have buyers for current Scorpio. Tata brought storme when dicor sales plummeted. Don't repeat that. Charge a premium over an all round package and people will prefer it over creta or even jeep compass!!
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 07:38   #71
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra should ideally launch two variants of Scorpio with different body shells OR launch two vehicles, one which caters to the S2, S4 customers and one for the S10 customers, their profile is completely different.

Save for the neat integration of rear wash wipe, I don't think I can praise anything else.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 12:18   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
How could you tell, that it will have a 6 forward gear box..?

Not sure what Mahindra is thinking by doing 'actually' just doing a face-lift and not giving something more to the customers. Scorpio was the shot in the arm for Mahindra. This is one product they should closely develop and not let it die out -- how Tata killed the Safari -- God knows why. The grill looks way too copied and may cause problems. Hope the bouncy ride has been made better. Scorpio still looks commanding on the road. Strong product for Mahindra.
asingh1977 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 12:28   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
How could you tell, that it will have a 6 forward gear box..?
Please visit the link provided at the end of post number #61, in this very thread. In one of the images, a 6 speed gearbox is shown.
knightrider_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 13:29   #74
BHPian

Scorpio is the brand which brought Mahindra in to the urban mainstream. I hope Mahindra do the necessary changes to keep it in sync with modern competition.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 14:42   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
Scorpio is the brand which brought Mahindra in to the urban mainstream. I hope Mahindra do the necessary changes to keep it in sync with modern competition.
Absolutely. Back in 2002.

15 years later, nothing much has changed. And judging from the above images - nothing much is going to change now either.

I guess Mahindra is waiting for the teenager to turn 18 before bringing big changes in the life of their first real child.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks