Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2019, 14:34   #46
BHPian

All-new BMW 6-Series GT (1st time ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
Were you able to get any good discounts on this model?

I'm contemplating both the 5 and this, and might go for whichever one offers a better deal. Given the current market scenario, I'm optimistic about discounts.

Well I bought it last year and the discount was capped to 4/5 L back then as the car was relatively new. But things would have changed now. U can ask for a much higher discount, they should have some cars lying in their stock.

In November last year I convinced by cousin to get the 530d M-Sport ( he was in a similar situation like yours between the 6GT and 5). The discount on the 5 tilted the decision. At that time we got the car for 75 L all inclusive with 5yr/60k kms BSI Plus + RI. The scenario has changed now. You should be able to better that offer now.

5 has limited leg room behind so u might wanna check that and not entirely depend on the discount if you are chauffeur driven. Discount on 5 should be higher compared to the 6GT.

Cheers!

Last edited by Blackbolt : 4th October 2019 at 14:35.
Blackbolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 21:33   #47
BHPian

Re: All-new BMW 6-Series GT (1st time ever)

Actually according to recent sources, the discounts on 630d are in tune of 10-12l and higher than 5.. For 2018 models. You should check in your city dealerships, if you can get higher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
Well I bought it last year and the discount was capped to 4/5 L back then as the car was relatively new. But things would have changed now. U can ask for a much higher discount, they should have some cars lying in their stock.

In November last year I convinced by cousin to get the 530d M-Sport ( he was in a similar situation like yours between the 6GT and 5). The discount on the 5 tilted the decision. At that time we got the car for 75 L all inclusive with 5yr/60k kms BSI Plus + RI. The scenario has changed now. You should be able to better that offer now.

5 has limited leg room behind so u might wanna check that and not entirely depend on the discount if you are chauffeur driven. Discount on 5 should be higher compared to the 6GT.

Cheers!
Old 5th October 2019, 11:27   #48

A question for the BHPian friends here - 530d or 630d GT? This shouldn’t be a dilemma really - given how much better the 530d is to drive! The factors that are causing it, however, are:

A) 630d GT comes across as a significantly more mature, comfortable car! It’s based on the standard wheelbase 7 series and it feels like it! Robust, comfortable and isn’t bad to drive at all - barring a little roll while cornering hard and little/no feedback from the front wheels! Just wish it lowered even more than it does and the suspension set-up was stiffer in sport mode!

B) Attractive discounts on both cars have reduced the on-road price gap to a little over 10L - makes for an awesome value

C) GT does polarise opinions when it comes to the way it looks - but it also makes it standout among a fairly large number 5s on the road

My heart still beats for the 530d - the car I’ve been wanting to buy for a while; but the 630d GT appeals more to the family!

This car will be self-driven 99% of the time (allocating 1% to those unplanned drinks sessions where I will have to rely on DriverOnHire). While this won’t be our primary back-seat / family car, I am up against ‘not another sedan’ argument!

Welcome your thoughts/views!

Thanks!
Old 5th October 2019, 11:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi123 View Post
A question for the BHPian friends here - 530d or 630d GT? This shouldn’t be a dilemma really - given how much better the 530d is to drive!
Wow! tough choice. My personal choice would be the 630d GT due to its versatility. We are also contemplating between a 630d GT and Merc E - of course its a pure family car role in our case so it's in the E's favour.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 16:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
This car will be self-driven 99% of the time (allocating 1% to those unplanned drinks sessions where I will have to rely on DriverOnHire). While this won’t be our primary back-seat / family car, I am up against ‘not another sedan’ argument!

Thanks!
99% Self drive seals the deal for the 530D imho. Its a stonker of a car to drive and will bring a smile to your face when you push her hard through corners.

I find the 630D looks like an oddball. The only thing it has going for it is the backseat comfort and space, which you will make use of only 1% of the time.

The 530D on the other hand is a great looker too. Go for it. You won't regret it.
manishk123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 13:59   #51
BHPian

Quote:
A question for the BHPian friends here - 530d or 630d GT? This shouldn’t be a dilemma really - given how much better the 530d is to drive! The factors that are causing it, however, are:
The 530D is a darling here so you'd get many people supporting that choice.

For me, the 630D GT is a much plusher option. Given that they both are coming with the inline 6, my vote is obviously with the 6GT.
Many features in it are in my opinion more favorable. Some which come to my mind:
The rear space is similar to the 7 series and backrests are electronically reclining. You might get the same (or better?) rear entertainment package on the 6.
The frameless doors are gorgeous as is the sound system and interior color. There is a white 6GT with cognac interiors which stood out of this world.
You also need to consider that the 6 comes with air suspension and dynamic dampers which makes comfort a lot better, especially for the rear seat.
I also love how the doors are self closing on the 6.

So yes, if I were living in a country that has flat roads and I can exploit the 5 series' handling ability, yes I will go with it. But in India, its hard to find a few km stretch also which is smooth.

I would also consider the X5 / GLE / GLC / Volvo XC 60 in that price point.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th October 2019 at 21:14. Reason: Quote trimmed.
nitrogary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 11:48   #52
BHPian

Quote:
A question for the BHPian friends here - 530d or 630d GT? This shouldn't be a dilemma really - given how much better the 530d is to drive! The factors that are causing it, however, are:

My heart still beats for the 530d - the car I've been wanting to buy for a while; but the 630d GT appeals more to the family!

This car will be self-driven 99% of the time (allocating 1% to those unplanned drinks sessions where I will have to rely on DriverOnHire). While this won't be our primary back-seat / family car, I am up against 'not another sedan' argument!

Welcome your thoughts/views!

Thanks!

Having driven both 530d and 630d , I agree that 530d has superior handling, it has less body roll and darts in the direction you point it.

Just took the 630d for 701 kms along winding sections of Highway 360 Vansda National Park Enroute to Saputara and realised that it's not a bad handling car in isolation.

-> I welcome the air suspension on bad roads where the car was put on comport plus setting.

-> I could raise the car when needed not worrying about scraping the car.

-> On ghat section the meaty 6 cylinder would roar to life with windows down

-> massive panoramic sunroof let my kid enjoy the view with trees on both sides of the road

-> I could seat 4 adults and my kids car seat comfortably.

It's a great family ride with little sacrifice in the handling department. It's a proper family car and I can understand why your family is tilting towards it. I am super happy with the car.

Here are couple of shot taken during the trip.

All-new BMW 6-Series GT (1st time ever)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1570601807.320216.jpgAll-new BMW 6-Series GT (1st time ever)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1570601834.950536.jpg

Cheers!
Blackbolt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 15:20   #53

Thanks a lot for your thoughts and views Reppy, Manishk123, Nitrogary and Blackbolt! Super helpful! Just booked 630d in carbon black with ivory interiors - delivery by Diwali!

This battle between head and heart wasn’t easy! 530d is a dream to drive, but would have made me appear selfish - especially when you think about so much more car it offers at an additional cost of 8-9 lacs. Hard to ignore this rather compelling package!

630d’s looks have grown on me over the past week or so, and the 5, even in 30d M-Sport trim, looks somewhat nondescript on-road!

I wanted to go for white exterior and get the m-performance gloss black grills, carbon fibre caps for ORVM and the side films that run across the profile...but lost that battle too! Any thoughts on which of these m-performance parts might look good on carbon black?

Once again, thanks very much for weighing-in with your thoughts.

Cheers!
jassi123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 16:05   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just booked 630d in carbon black with ivory interiors - delivery by Diwali!
Congratulations! Looks you mumbaikars are leading luxury segment, some 4 of M5's in this week and MB India sells 125 Cars

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/mercedes-...ome-topstories

Regarding the carbon stuff, better take the delivery and then decide. Something on interiors may work. Carbon Black is a beautiful colour but will need care. Invest in 3M or Expel PPF immediately on delivery. rather tell the BMW guys not to even remove the protective films or if that's not possible then warn them strictly not to clean the car.

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th October 2019 at 16:18.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 16:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your thoughts and views Reppy, Manishk123, Nitrogary and Blackbolt! Super helpful! Just booked 630d in carbon black with ivory interiors - delivery by Diwali!
Congratulations on your booking. It’s a great car, seriously under appreciated and one that punches above its segment. Have the previous generation of this car, 530D GT for the last 3 years and 50k kms after driving it, I’m in a very difficult situation. Thinking of upgrading or changing the car but very few cars comes closer to satisfying my needs of an all in one car. Decided to keep it for few more years.

You could have some fun in the twisties or long highway drives with your family onboard and without compromising on luxury. I’ve taken it to places where some might think of taking their SUV’s on vacation. The car can be as wild as you want and once in city it morphes into a stately everyday drive to office adding few additional years of experience.

I’m sure you will be in similar situation few years down the line
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 19:52   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!

Congratulations! It looks amazing in black with 19" m sport alloys and with those ivory interiors you will be a regular visitor to 3m i guess 😊!

An upgrade to a black kidney grill and the car look awesome!

Looking forward to your ownership review!

Cheers!
Blackbolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 13:55   #57

Here’s a quick update on my purchase. After I booked the 630d, I couldn’t sleep peacefully for a couple of nights - literally! I kept feeling that I made a mistake So, I decided to test drive the 630d one more time. Believe it or not, I got bored driving it in 20 minutes - it felt very uninvolving to drive and that’s exactly what I was dreading! Halfway through the test drive, asked the SA to check if 530d was available at the showroom. He made a quick call, confirmed availability and we drove back there.

The one available for test drive had a space saver on front-left and I wondered if test driving it with limited capability was a good idea. I went ahead with anyway and...was totally blown away. It felt so much more engaging and responsive than the 6. Was equally refined and comfortable in the comfort mode and turned into a completely different car in Sport mode. I loved it instantly and decided to make the switch, which was pretty seamless. Booked the same combination of Carbon Black and Ivory White and the car was home just before Diwali.

Will share more on my experiences with it, soon!

The first thing I wanted to bring up with you guys is the mandatory speed warning! The beep BMW has chosen for these warnings is rather annoying - sounds something like a big bell in a refined package! BMW owners will be familiar with the ‘tung’ that’s used for all kinds of warnings.

It goes off at 80 and is constant at 120. While the beep at 80 is bearable, what happens above 120 is torturous to the ears. It beeps continuously, and in about 30 seconds, is accompanied by another sharp sound that’s constant and more frequent than the regular beep. This will force you to back-off.

Thankfully, the beeps don’t suppress the volume of the music system. But you just can’t mask it with high audio volume - seems to have been programmed to rise with it; and the brilliant NVH levels ensure that you don’t have any assistance from road/tyre noise.

If anyone finds a fix for this, please do let me know

In meanwhile, seriously considering resorting to the new AirPods pro (with active noise cancellation) - especially for expressway drives

Last edited by ampere : 3rd November 2019 at 14:01. Reason: Removed non-forum emoticons
jassi123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 17:40   #58
BHPian

Hi Guys

I too am contemplating on the 630D and was wondering what is the scene with discounts now?
Considering the current market scenario + BS6 looming on the horizon + the car being not too popular amongst most of the people - are they offering some decent deals?

I spoke to the local SA and he mentioned a discount of just 7 lacs - and to be honest I was hoping for much more.

If anyone here could guide me as to what discounts to expect, or should I wait for another couple of weeks or so for getting decent discounts - it would be much appreciated.
Old 27th January 2020, 21:45   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

All-new BMW 6-Series GT (1st time ever)

Quote:

In meanwhile, seriously considering resorting to the new AirPods pro (with active noise cancellation) - especially for expressway drives

Congratulations on the new car! I have a 530i and totally agree with the body control and dynamics of the G30 is amazing - with an even stronger engine in 530D I am sure it must be a total hoot.

I luckily got the car on launch in 2017 before the speed warning foolery came about. Considering how safe and controlled the car feels at around 125 kph, not even starting to break a sweat, at about 2000 rpm or so in the 530i. (Probably even lower in the 530D). It can be a big distraction if the speed warnings keep going off at normal cruising speed for the BMW and may actually be more dangerous to all due to an irritated and fatigued driver who is being constantly bothered by these beeps. Another example of stupid "know-it-alls" in the government beaurocracy trying to control the lives of citizens - creating a dystopian society unintentionally.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 27th January 2020 at 21:49.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 01:32   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Hi Guys

I too am contemplating on the 630D and was wondering what is the scene with discounts now?
Considering the current market scenario + BS6 looming on the horizon + the car being not too popular amongst most of the people - are they offering some decent deals?

I spoke to the local SA and he mentioned a discount of just 7 lacs - and to be honest I was hoping for much more.

If anyone here could guide me as to what discounts to expect, or should I wait for another couple of weeks or so for getting decent discounts - it would be much appreciated.

You should get around 9-10L off on the 630d with a service package included, but generally, the 630i and the 620d have much higher discounts compared to the 630d.
aman-bh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks