Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2017, 23:35   #16
BHPian

This is fantastic news! Finally, at least one manufacturer has woken up to the obvious reality: customers who're in the market for an automatic don't want the best features to be skimped on. Thank you, Maruti Suzuki! This gives me hope that it'll continue to offer automatic gearboxes in the top variant of future releases as well. Please don't prove be wrong, MS.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 02:06   #17
BHPian

Great news - I hope they do the same for other Maruti models like Ertiga
Old 22nd July 2017, 05:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that logistic charges would be different for every state depending upon distance from factory.
Has to be One india One price. It is for that reason the GST was implemented for. If it is going to be the same old type variance in price across all states it means there is no point in continuing the GST.
Old 22nd July 2017, 07:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Has to be One india One price. It is for that reason the GST was implemented for. If it is going to be the same old type variance in price across all states it means there is no point in continuing the GST.
GST only means that the tax component has to be the same, not the price.Earlier the Ex-showroom price contained Excise and Sales Tax. VAT was added later on.
Now, the Ex-showroom price is the manufacturing cost + logistics cost + profit.
The manufacturing cost might be the same, but the logistics cost would be different for each state. For a car manufactured in Gurgaon, transportation costs to a Chandigarh dealership will be substantially lower than transportation costs to Jammu. Hence there would definitely be a price variance depending upon how far the state is from the factory.
Old 22nd July 2017, 08:16   #20
BHPian

Re: Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
GST only means that the tax component has to be the same, not the price.Earlier the Ex-showroom price contained Excise and Sales Tax. VAT was added later on.
Now, the Ex-showroom price is the manufacturing cost + logistics cost + profit.
The manufacturing cost might be the same, but the logistics cost would be different for each state. For a car manufactured in Gurgaon, transportation costs to a Chandigarh dealership will be substantially lower than transportation costs to Jammu. Hence there would definitely be a price variance depending upon how far the state is from the factory.
Not to take the discussion OT, but clearly the price difference is not due to logistical/transportation costs. If that were to be the case, the Baleno should be cheapest in Gurgaon or Manesar, but if you look at the prices across India, the cheapest is in Meerut. The cost in Meerut is cheaper by almost 7000 rupees than in Gurgaon or Manesar. And the prices in Chennai are costlier by 16000 and 23000 rupees compared to Gurgaon and Meerut respectively. I don't believe it'll take Maruti 16000 rupees to transport a car from Gurgaon/Manesar/Mundra to Chennai. Also profits should be the same pan India.

Only Maruti knows what is the strategy (if any) behind such pricing!!
Old 22nd July 2017, 10:29   #21
Oxy
BHPian

My dealer tells me that the waiting period clock will be reset if I go for a variant change, i.e. from Zeta CVT to Alpha CVT.

I have already waited 6 weeks for the Zeta CVT. Does this make any sense? What should I be doing now? I had thought I would be able to jump the queue and would get the car a lot earlier.
Old 22nd July 2017, 10:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
My dealer tells me that the waiting period clock will be reset if I go for a variant change, i.e. from Zeta CVT to Alpha CVT.

I have already waited 6 weeks for the Zeta CVT. Does this make any sense? What should I be doing now? I had thought I would be able to jump the queue and would get the car a lot earlier.
Ideally you should be first in line for the first lot of Alpha CVT unless all the people before you for Zeta also converted to Alpha before you.

If the features of Alpha matter to you, then it is worth waiting for it. IMHO, the Bi-Xenon lamps of the Alpha enhance the looks of the car exponentially while also adding to better visibility at night.

As a member posted a few posts ago, for 70K you get a whole lot more from the car. In the end, decision is your to take

Happy shopping.
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:08   #23
BHPian

Cross posting from the Baleno official review thread:

Nexa dealers are now accepting booking for Alpha CVT. I just sent out an email to my RM at OMR Nexa to upgrade my Zeta CVT booking to Alpha CVT. Their booking portal is now open to login bookings. I will apparently be the first person in line at OMR Nexa to get an Alpha CVT delivered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The waiting period will be reset with respect to the Alpha CVT. Since the Alpha CVT booking is just beginning, any booking done now will mean you will get your car in the first batch itself. I have waited 6 months now for my Zeta CVT, surely Maruti wouldn't want me to wait another 6 months for the Alpha CVT!!

Edit: I spoke to Nexa customer care, and according to them the current waiting time for the Alpha CVT is 8 to 10 weeks from today

Last edited by y2ksrs : 22nd July 2017 at 11:29.
y2ksrs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:04   #24
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 24th July 2017 at 11:01.
ashok_lat is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:24   #25
BHPian

Quick query, does the alpha come with isofix?
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Quick query, does the alpha come with isofix?
Yes it does, its standard in all variants of Nexa cars (not only in Alpha). The new Dzire also gets ISOFIX as standard

Check for the Nexa Safety Shield column in the brochure, they have listed the standard safety features.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 15:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Yes it does, its standard in all variants of Nexa cars (not only in Alpha). The new Dzire also gets ISOFIX as standard

Check for the Nexa Safety Shield column in the brochure, they have listed the standard safety features.
Fantastic, will be booking for the missus most likely without a TD

Checked with a couple of Nexa showrooms here. Waiting times are ranging from 10-12 weeks to 16-18 weeks as per Andheri E Nexa and Lower Parel Nexa respectively.

When asked for a discount, they said, 'will really try for free floor mats, but not guaranteed'...

Last edited by ampere : 23rd July 2017 at 12:10. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 23rd July 2017, 11:42   #28
BHPian

So, Nexus Lower Parel came home for a TD - conversation yesterday evening, TD today morning - fantastic! It was a 2 year old Delta CVT. Was surprised that it was still solid - only a slight boot rattle (would've been odd if it was like a tomb - a Maruti after all!) Wife was comfortable with the dimensions. CVT is quite punchy off the line with gentle throttle inputs. Paid 11k for booking - Urban blue was her choice.

With this, I think i'll become the resident expert of all kinds of 1.2 engine-transmission combinations! Torque converter AT for 6 years (i10), my drive - DSG (GT TSi) and now the Baleno CVT.
d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:18   #29
BHPian

Has anyone got a confirmation from any dealers in a successful logging of a Alpha CVT booking? I had emailed my dealer yesterday, but I'm yet to get a confirmation.

And who haven't Maruti updated their portal with info on the availability of the Alpha CVT yet? Is this some kind of a soft launch?

Last edited by y2ksrs : 23rd July 2017 at 16:20. Reason: Added portal related queries
Old 24th July 2017, 01:36   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Has anyone got a confirmation from any dealers in a successful logging of a Alpha CVT booking? I had emailed my dealer yesterday, but I'm yet to get a confirmation
I have successfully booked an Alpha CVT in Autumn Orange color with a NEXA dealer in Pune. The booking was punched in the system and I got the booking receipt. Multiple NEXA dealers in Pune have confirmed that they have logged multiple bookings and even a couple of Alpha CVT cars are in transit (which were unfortunately allotted before I could book). But the final on-road price hasn't been confirmed yet.
Djay is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks