Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 10:18   #76
BHPian

Re: Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Congrats on your deliveries. A few questions on your bookings - When did you book, what was the waiting period mentioned and what was the tentative delivery date mentioned in your order confirmation receipt? Thanks in advance for your replies.
25th July booking. 16 weeks mentioned. But the salesmen said 6 weeks should be possible and that there was a grey already available for ready delivery if required. I ordered Urban Blue.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 17:27   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
~5 weeks and no news on the Alpha CVT in Mumbai. Wonder how much longer the wait would last...
Quote:
Congrats on your deliveries. A few questions on your bookings - When did you book, what was the waiting period mentioned and what was the tentative delivery date mentioned in your order confirmation receipt? Thanks in advance for your replies.
i had booked Zeta CVT in June, but upgraded the booking to Alpha on 22 July, and the tentative delivery date mentioned was somewhere in November.
Old 6th September 2017, 19:53   #78
BHPian

I had converted my zeta cvt booking to that of an alpha cvt here in Pune on 10th of August at one of the nexa dealership of which there is no update. He was a bit hesitant at first to do so but then he took the booking for which he has said that we would be getting a fresh receipt which also hasn't been sent to us yet. For all the questions that I have been asking him about the cvt deliveries, I have been getting just one reply that they haven't yet received any alpha cvt cars and won't be getting any in the month of September either.
Upon visiting another nexa outlet, I got to know that the official waiting period on the alpha variants has been reduced to 6-8 weeks and avg waiting time is 4 weeks(the dealership at which my booking has been made is clueless about this as well). Could anyone please shed some light on this and also advice as to what could be done apart from waiting for 16 weeks?
Old 6th September 2017, 20:48   #79
BHPian

Mumbai dealer said alpha cvt waiting is 8-10 weeks and zeta cvt is around 12-14 weeks. You can book it at another dealership while keeping the booking with the first dealer intact. You can also contact nexa customer support to check if that helps.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 23:11   #80
BHPian

I was following up with my RM at OMR Nexa today and now the story he tells me is that they have not recieved any Baleno allotments (petrol/diesel manual/CVT) for any variants for the first fortnight of September!! Don't know what more stories I'm going to be hearing from them. I called up Nexa Customer support and they promptly replied back to check with the dealer on allotments and deliveries!!
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 01:01   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolguy_ani View Post
Upon visiting another nexa outlet, I got to know that the official waiting period on the alpha variants has been reduced to 6-8 weeks and avg waiting time is 4 weeks(the dealership at which my booking has been made is clueless about this as well). Could anyone please shed some light on this and also advice as to what could be done apart from waiting for 16 weeks?
May I know at which dealer in Pune have you booked? I got mine delivered from MyCar Nexa, Shivajinagar in 3 weeks being the first lot (official period was 16 weeks). From what I had heard MyCar and Kothari Nexa, Vimannagar previously had a couple of Alpha CVTs from cancellations in Orange and Ray Blue. You might want to check with them once, if not done already.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th October 2017 at 08:39. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 9th September 2017, 15:59   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
May I know at which dealer in Pune have you booked? I got mine delivered from MyCar Nexa, Shivajinagar in 3 weeks being the first lot (official period was 16 weeks). From what I had heard MyCar and Kothari Nexa, Vimannagar previously had a couple of Alpha CVTs from cancellations in Orange and Ray Blue. You might want to check with them once, if not done already.
Thanks for the info Djay, but my color preferences are Silver and maybe Grey/White . The original booking of the Baleno zeta CVT was from Nexa Pimple Saudagar and was made in mid July and informal waiting period was quoted of 3 months and official was 16 weeks(against 12 that was quoted to many other people). Upon converting it to Alpha CVT, I was not issued a new booking receipt and haven't got one till now . And after some more inquiries, the SRM told that whether I have my booking or not, I would get the vehicle in October. So, I got one more booking done at Excel Autovista, Baner and have been quoted official waiting period of 8 weeks. The experience till now was more pleasant compared to that with the former.
Old 11th September 2017, 09:24   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolguy_ani View Post
The original booking of the Baleno zeta CVT was from Nexa Pimple Saudagar and was made in mid July and informal waiting period was quoted of 3 months and official was 16 weeks(against 12 that was quoted to many other people). Upon converting it to Alpha CVT, I was not issued a new booking receipt and haven't got one till now . And after some more inquiries, the SRM told that whether I have my booking or not, I would get the vehicle in October. So, I got one more booking done at Excel Autovista, Baner.
I think it was a good idea to do another booking. I had visited Excel Autovista and my initial impressions were very good. Would be better if you could also insist on the booking receipt for the Alpha with Nexa Pimple Saudagar. As I highly doubt Maruti will ever allot an Alpha based on an order number for Zeta. Doesn't sound right. Hope you get your dream Baleno Alpha soon!!
Djay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 13:32   #84
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
I had booked a Zeta CVT Baleno and then changed my booking to Alpha. However the Zeta has arrived and the dealer has given me a choice to take it or wait for the Alpha without confirmation of how much further wait is involved.

Cant make up my mind.
And now I find myself in this situation.

Other dealers in Bangalore seem to have delivered Alpha CVTs in August itself except the one I did my booking at (on 24th July).

And now the Zeta CVT (I had booked one when the Alpha CVT was not launched) has been allotted to me and they insist on the entire payment by this Friday.

The car is for my wife who doesn't really care about the extras the Alpha has on offer, but I want the Alpha.

Guess have to bite the bullet now and live with my fate as wife is in no mood to wait anymore.
Old 18th September 2017, 15:21   #85
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Baleno Zeta CVT was a no brainer since it was 70-80K lesser than the Jazz with similar features but the Alpha CVT vs Jazz is a tough choice to make.
That's a good point. But the thing is, the extra 70-80k is not going to make too much of a difference in the monthly EMI. When you are going to take a loan anyhow, might as well pick the best possible variant.

EDIT TO MY PREVIOUS POST: Just spoke to the RM and he says he will only know by Thursday when the Alpha would be available, so I would have to go with the Zeta now.
Old 23rd September 2017, 10:02   #86
BHPian

So folks, has anyone taken delivery of an Alpha CVT in September? Apparently there were no dispatches to dealers in Chennai for the month of September. That is what OMR, Nandanam and Besant Nagar Nexa showrooms told me. Has anyone managed to get one delivered in other cities?

The tentative delivery date mentioned in my booking confirmation receipt is September 30th and clearly Nexa would not be able to deliver by then. It is so frustrating to deal with Nexa and the OMR dealer in particular
Old 23rd September 2017, 14:41   #87
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
So folks, has anyone taken delivery of an Alpha CVT in September? Apparently there were no dispatches to dealers in Chennai for the month of September. That is what OMR, Nandanam and Besant Nagar Nexa showrooms told me. Has anyone managed to get one delivered in other cities?

The tentative delivery date mentioned in my booking confirmation receipt is September 30th and clearly Nexa would not be able to deliver by then. It is so frustrating to deal with Nexa and the OMR dealer in particular
Forget about the tentative delivery date. Mine was September 20th and the dealer still has no clue.

My Zeta has been allotted though (which I had booked prior to the Alpha). And now I am being pressured to make the payment at the earliest or risk the vehicle getting deallotted.

I really don't know what to do. Continue waiting for the Alpha or bite the bullet and buy the Zeta.
Old 23rd September 2017, 15:07   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Forget about the tentative delivery date. Mine was September 20th and the dealer still has no clue.

My Zeta has been allotted though (which I had booked prior to the Alpha). And now I am being pressured to make the payment at the earliest or risk the vehicle getting deallotted.

I really don't know what to do. Continue waiting for the Alpha or bite the bullet and buy the Zeta.
Thanks. Getting to hear from dealers in Chennai that Zeta and Delta models are now available immediately or with a waiting of 15 days. I was offered a red Zeta CVT by Nexa Nandanam for immediate delivery. Nexa Besant Nagar too were offering Zeta CVT immediately.

But, I am cancelling my Baleno Alpha CVT booking. With dealers having no clue of an Alpha CVT, and with the don't care attitude of OMR NEXA, I had also booked a Dzire Zxi+ AMT a few days earlier. I just got confirmation a few minutes ago that a Dzire has been allotted today and is in transit from Gurgaon to Chennai. So, I'm simply going to cancel off the Baleno booking and going with the Dzire. Guess my Dzire for the Baleno was never meant to be fulfilled .
Old 27th September 2017, 08:57   #89
BHPian

Quote:

The alpha variant imo makes more sense if you are willing to wait because of the fact that the additional features can't be sought after market and also if you are a frequent car shopper! And same was the case with my booking, wherein the zeta has arrived and the dealer was insisting upon converting back to zeta. Upon pestering the store manager and calling him out of the blue, he said that the zeta should not have arrived and as it has not been cancelled he will have to search for some customer. And he also happened to download some file and blurted out some different date of booking and corrected himself(he said 6th September as against 10th August of the booking date)! He still couldn't recollect the exact date.

In all this series of events, I thought that there was no point in fighting and making the relationship more sour from where I need to buy a million rupee car!

The doubts are 1) Is MS reluctant in sending alpha cvt cars or 2) Are nexa dealers siphoning off the bookings by not cancelling them at the right time?
Old 27th September 2017, 14:30   #90
BHPian

Quote:

My couple of cents.
If you are not very much in need of the extra offerings of Zeta (projector headlamps, DRL, Infotainment, Reverse Parking Camera), go for the zeta, which I did. In fact, when I was negotiating with my dealer here in Chennai immediately after the date Alpha CVT was launched, he had clearly stated that though the vehicle might be "allotted" in 12 weeks, there is no clarity in registration with RTO and it might still take more weeks.
In fact, I booked a Grey Zeta CVT and was asked I can get the car earlier if I am okay with Silver. I nodded and am getting it in 3-4 weeks from booking date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks