Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2017, 14:38   #91
BHPian

Re: Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi

Quick update - 2 months and 2 days post booking, my wife's Urban Blue Baleno Alpha CVT left the factory yesterday from Manesar. Will take delivery around 10-12 days from now.

Finally.
d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 19:02   #92
BHPian

Update : After the instance of the zeta to alpha conversion of cvt variant at a dealer in Pune and no word on the delivery date and harrowing experience, happened to cancel the booking. But the one at the other dealership still stays.
Question : does it dent the RM and his targets? From the very first day, the dealership guys uttered the word cancel and full refund more than on time and delivery!

P.S. the dealer has already delivered the original booking zeta cvt car to someone.
Old 6th October 2017, 19:44   #93
Oxy
BHPian

Finally I got the car allotted to me yesterday after an agonizing 10 weeks wait.

Phew!!
Old 16th October 2017, 00:33   #94
BHPian

After an agonising 10 weeks the Ray Blue Alpha CVT Baleno is here !!

Initial impression is excellent except for the bumpy ride quality and a few unusual sounds emanating as a result of the light build of the car.

But this is a smooth and hassle-free ride with promising fuel efficiency (13.5 kmpl in pure city driving).Am absolutely thrilled with its refinement and seating comfort.

Have to recheck the tyre pressure which if higher than recommended could be the cause of a slightly jarring ride !

More updates soon. Pictures to follow in a day or two !
Old 18th October 2017, 07:40   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Initial impression is excellent except for the bumpy ride quality and a few unusual sounds emanating as a result of the light build of the car.
congratulations! I'll be taking delivery today or on Monday, waiting for RTO number allotment SMS.

surprised about the ride quality comment, given that suspension changes have happened in 2017 balenos.Most likely it's the 40 psi tradition of overinflation..

what make are the tyres?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th October 2017 at 08:38. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 18th October 2017, 08:26   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
congratulations! I'll be taking delivery today or on Monday, waiting for RTO number allotment SMS.

surprised about the ride quality comment, given that suspension changes have happened in 2017 balenos.Most likely it's the 40 psi tradition of overinflation..

what make are the tyres?
All the very best buddy ! The Vahaan system is quite cool...mine took 2 days to generate the number.

With 2 people in the car the rear is jumpy. With a full house yesterday (5 adults and 2 kids) the ride was very good.

I did reduce the tyre pressure as soon as i took delivery. Found pressures to be 47 and 43 . Had them reduced to 29 but i think i will have it rechecked. Does feel like its slightly higher than necessary. Maybe the caliberation of that particular unit might be off.

The tyres are Apollo make on my car.

Hope you enjoy this creamy car !
Dieselite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 21:55   #97
BHPian

took delivery today. Nice ride quality, some bit of roll. But got comfortable instantly. the CVT, despite me being used to DSG+paddle shifters is surprisingly decent to drive briskly. the car came shod with Apollo acceleres. liked the osram bixenons as well. a couple of pictures..
Attached Thumbnails
Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi-1508343912578.jpg  

Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi-1508343941354.jpg  

d_himan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 22:48   #98
BHPian

Rechecked the tyre pressure in my car at my regular fuel station and found it higher...almost 35 to 36 psi !

Got it down to 28 now and the ride is much softer. Definitely not a concern anymore.

Very happy with the refinement and sprightly performance of this beauty. Was very happy that the Xenons make night driving very safe indeed ! Worth the extra money for the Alpha over the Xeta purely in the headlights itself !

Plus the music system is much better than the lower version with the tweeters upfront. Apple CarPlay is a pleasure to use !

Looking forward to an intercity drive soon !
Old 22nd October 2017, 23:49   #99
Oxy
BHPian

Took delivery on 19th (Thursday) and have done 300 kms so far. Can't seem to get my hands off this. The gearbox is super smooth and there is absolutely no stress while driving. An automatic is unparalleled luxury in Bangalore traffic.

Does anyone know whether this comes with Android Auto now? I cannot seem to locate it.
Old 23rd October 2017, 00:02   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Does anyone know whether this comes with Android Auto now? I cannot seem to locate it.
I went to check the Baleno today. The SA said it comes only with Apple car play and not Android Auto. The latter is only available with Dzire and Ignis according to him.
Old 23rd October 2017, 06:45   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Got it down to 28 now and the ride is much softer.
Is that the Maruti recommended level?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The SA said it comes only with Apple car play and not Android Auto. The latter is only available with Dzire and Ignis according to him.
Wasn't there something somewhere about it being available soon as an upgrade to existing cars?
Old 26th October 2017, 12:26   #102
Oxy
BHPian

One white colour Baleno Alpha CVT is available for immediate delivery in Bangalore. Someone cancelled it at the last moment it seems.

PM if interested and I will connect you to the RM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks