Team-BHP - The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/191355-2018-next-gen-maruti-ertiga-now-launched-rs-7-44-lakhs-3.html)

Innova is now a luxury MPV. Toyota has upped the game with the new Innova. I can't see how Maruti can compete with Toyota on the Innova.

More importantly, Maruti do not have the engines to compete with Innova anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 4288548)
I think that's a bigger reason for Maruti to launch something nearly as big as an Innova but at a much lesser price, basically filling the void left by the old Innova. The Innova is now a Crysta, a premium offering as such . I don't see any challenge except from the Mahindra MPV being tested now.

True, so it's not a "competitor" to Innova as some people have been saying on this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by searacer932 (Post 4288540)
Innova is now a luxury MPV. Toyota has upped the game with the new Innova. I can't see how Maruti can compete with Toyota on the Innova.

More importantly, Maruti do not have the engines to compete with Innova anyway.

I think that's a bigger reason for Maruti to launch something nearly as big as an Innova but at a much lesser price, basically filling the void left by the old Innova. The Innova is now a Crysta, a premium offering as such . I don't see any challenge except from the Mahindra MPV being tested now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4288497)
Man, the rear doors as well as the 3rd-row area look huge!

Seems like an elongated picture. Look at the X3, and how elongated it is! None in this era of no-space-to-park will approve such a huge door, IMO.

And the tail gate seems to have an interesting "twist"!

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 4288560)
Seems like an elongated picture.

It is not a elongated picture, if you try to click photos from a moving vehicle and if the camera doesn't cope with the speed of shutter and the pace at which you are moving then it gives a wavy effect ( Elongated Picture )

Fender, front and rear doors, the shape and glass area give all hints to me that it's an elongated Ertiga, especially when you look at the extension after the rear wheel, it indeed looks longer now.

If so, with a right engine (read bigger), this can meet all the shortcomings that the current Ertiga has, cramped 3rd Row, an almost non-existent boot etc. Only apprehension - The new 1.5D Engine should be really good enough as it's developed in house.

But at the same time, we have news and images of the facelift too which mostly has aesthetic changes with no change in length.

This will be a huge hit in the fleet market if it is priced around 6.5-7L ex showroom for diesel base variant.

Our Market does not have a comfortable 7 seater vehicle which runs on CNG.
This could be this vehicle's USP if this is indeed a stretched Ertiga.

The Rear Wiper is completely different from the one in the current Ertiga. IMO, this is definitely NOT an Ertiga or at least NOT a face-lift Ertiga.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mints21 (Post 4287419)
Dear Members,

Spotted this car around five minutes back on the Greater Noida Expressway.

This does not look like Ertiga to me. Isn't the back too wide? I wish it is something more premium and with more space and more robustly built. Ertiga and this can co-exist. Maruti does not have anything in the premium 7 seater segment.

I also saw this same car being tested. And in my case also the driver slowed down when he saw me clicking :D

There was a lot of testing equipment inside the case and was loaded with 6 people inside. It has a very Ertiga-ish design and might be the new Ertiga that could come in the future.

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20171015_161022.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20171015_161026.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20171015_161216.jpg

A media report claims that the all-new Ertiga could be launched in the second half of 2018, around the month of August.

Recent spy images have indicated that the second-generation Ertiga (codenamed: YHA) could be slightly longer and wider than the current model. The rear overhang seems to have been increased to liberate more space for third-row occupants. It could be inspired by the Ertiga Drezza that is sold in Thailand. As you may recall, the Drezza is 60 mm longer than the standard Ertiga. The MPV is also likely to be offered with 16-inch wheels.

There has been no official word yet from Maruti regarding the engines that will be offered on the new Ertiga. That said, it might retain the current engines that include a 1.4-litre petrol and a 1.3-litre diesel. Maruti is also developing a new 1.5-litre diesel engine that could be offered on the next-gen Ertiga sometime later.

Source: Autocar

Link to Team-BHP News

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4291505)

There has been no official word yet from Maruti regarding the engines that will be offered on the new Ertiga. That said, it might retain the current engines that include a 1.4-litre petrol and a 1.3-litre diesel. Maruti is also developing a new 1.5-litre diesel engine that could be offered on the next-gen Ertiga sometime later.

Source: Autocar

Link to Team-BHP News

The engines are both 1.5L in gasoline and diesel version. And the car being based on Baleno platform is wider and longer as well. But it is nowhere close to being as plush as Innova Crysta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carma2017 (Post 4291636)
The engines are both 1.5L in gasoline and diesel version. And the car being based on Baleno platform is wider and longer as well. But it is nowhere close to being as plush as Innova Crysta.

Maruti Suzuki needs that petrol and diesel in 1.5L guise. For the first time, they are without competent engines in the C2+, high C1+ space.

Current gen ertiga itself is very spacious thanks to the tallboy design and looking at the baleno and new dzire, this will only be wider and super spacious (for its segment)

Only reason I would upgrade my ertiga probably is for an automatic. Maruti are you listening? Diesel AT plz

Given MULs track record, whatever this car is, looking at the size of it, if they go ahead and plonk their favourite 1.3 mjd in it, I'm going to be a very depressed person.