Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2019, 11:36   #781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
What was interesting was that the car has 16 inch alloys similar to the ciaz and the reviewer says that it can be exchanged with the stock 15" alloys. If it's true then it's a neat deal and makes the car look more mature.
Don't think they are of the Ciaz, as Ciaz uses 4 nuts and the Ertiga has 5. Most likely they might be of the old SX-4. I am already thinking of S-Cross or the Vitara Brezza's wheels on the Ertiga.

Good that the test car is available, the situation here in Pune is so bad that only a handful dealers have a test model available :( So far, I saw only two registered V-i models on road in Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
But in that case, PDI will be gone for a toss right. Otherwise whoever responsible for taking the delivery of the car should ensure a PDI to be done once the car reaches the dealership.
That is a possibility. If the person taking delivery of the car does a PDI and something is off, that might be a blessing in disguise as the delivery might delay further till the time the owner gets back. But yes, that would be a very stupid expectation

Last edited by ajmat : 4th February 2019 at 22:06.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 17:55   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I am already thinking of S-Cross or the Vitara Brezza's wheels on the Ertiga.

Good that the test car is available, the situation here in Pune is so bad that only a handful dealers have a test model available :( So far, I saw only two registered V-i models on road in Pune.
Managed to get the test drive car home today . The Oxford blue color is striking to say the least. The car begs for larger wheels . I have asked for the magma grey In the booking form but secretly hoping that I get this color . As per the dealer they expect the dispatch list in a few days as advised by Maruti Suzuki. They have completed deliveries for orders till Dec 12th 2018.

Oxford blue in the Flesh. Very striking color. The vehicle looks nice except for those 15" wheels.

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-img_20190201_121418__01__01.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 4th February 2019 at 20:48. Reason: Posts merge. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
keshav1426 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 07:12   #783
BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

2019 Ertiga launched in Indonesia
https://www.topgear.com.ph/features/...-a958-20190201
The head unit seems to be larger and different from the recently launched India version- probably this would be launched with the NEX version

Found also an interesting explanation for why they still persist with 4 speed auto
https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...automatic.html
harishhm74 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 12:59   #784
BHPian

Just wanted to let you folks know, we brought home the vehicle.
Sometimes things go faster than one expects and one has to deal with consequent challenges.

Booking to allotment - 2 weeks,
PDI at stockyard, Registration, Some sundry logistical issues - Delivery 2 weeks, could have been easily a week earlier but then i was prepared to wait until April.

First Maruti experience, so far so good. Everything seems to be a well defined process. As long as you are within the boundaries of the process you are good!

No discounts, No complimentary stuff.
Accessories - a tad expensive, after market is definitely 40% cheaper. Liked the seat covers so picked them up, saw the bill later, it included 1800 odd as labour charges on fitting accessories - seriously?

Thanks to everyone for answering my queries and posting your experiences and observations.
And special thanks to all who have put up comprehensive initial/long term ownership threads on the current and previous versions of this vehicle and those who seriously evaluated the vehicle but decided on something else - TUV300

It was a full house on the way back home, the 1st and 2nd gear are excellent, didn't get a chance to try out the others - it took a good hour to cover 7 odd kms.

PS: Initial consideration to booking - 3 odd years, kept finding fault with the boot space, unsplit 3rd row seats, middle seat width, middle seat leg room with the 3rd seat folded, lack of airbags in the mid variant, okayish petrol engine. Things kept improving, yes we would have liked the blazing brezza red to the auburn red being offered, contemplated waiting for it but then settled for magma grey, Looking back, it was around 7.9L on road then, we shelled out around 9.8L now.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 2nd February 2019 at 13:12.
cyberwhizs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 10:13   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
2019 Ertiga launched in Indonesia
Correction- it is in Philippines (was in Indonesia when I was browsing)
Old 4th February 2019, 05:07   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Just wanted to let you folks know, we brought home the vehicle.
Sometimes things go faster than one expects and one has to deal with consequent challenges.
Things kept improving, yes we would have liked the blazing brezza red to the auburn red being offered, contemplated waiting for it but then settled for magma grey, Looking back, it was around 7.9L on road then, we shelled out around 9.8L now.
Can you put up some pics of your vehicle. I have booked the same color and it's not as common as the others. I would like to see some pics in real world scenario. Thanks in advance
Old 4th February 2019, 12:37   #787
BHPian

Quote:
It was a full house on the way back home, the 1st and 2nd gear are excellent, didn't get a chance to try out the others - it took a good hour to cover 7 odd kms.
Got a chance to drive around 150 odd km, mix of city, highway and real good dirt tracks (all courtesy of local administration), Some observations

1. Low speed ride is composed. However, once you pick up a little speed, every undulation is felt, e.g. girder dividers on a bridge.
2. The vertical movement / bobbing is perceptible at speeds greater than 60 kmph
3. Steering is light, feather touch, but it almost lifeless, no idea what is happening at the wheels. At higher speeds, it is tad worrisome. I haven't driven vehicles with electrical power steering, so that might explain my discomfort at higher speeds.
4, Body roll is evident, even at moderate speeds - 35 - 40 kmph at moderate curves, it is not at all like a typical sedan.
5. Distinct nose dive on typical braking. One needs to consciously plan to counteract this tendency to avoid folks at the back getting uncomfortable.
6. The vehicle pulls ok with a full house, it is not effortless but it definitely does not struggle even in start stop situation on an incline.
7. The auto start stop requires the secondary battery to be substantially charged, so it may not work initially on delivery, but will start working once you put in some kilometers, The AC goes off when it stops, so although this feature is useful at traffic signals it isn't most convenient when you are stuck in a traffic jam.
8. Three average / healthy adults can sit abreast comfortably in the second row.
9, Be extra careful when reversing, there is a huge blind spot on the D pillar driver side, Remember to check the wing mirror in addition to parking sensor and looking back. i managed to nick the vehicle on the second day itself. Paint is super thin, so even the slightest of nicks will expose the underlying plastic/metal.
10. Fuel level calibration is probably suspect, i tanked up 18 odd litres, the low fuel warning came up within 110 kms, i tanked up another 13 litres and got home. The mid shows 12 kmpl but i suspect it probably is around 9 - 10 kmpl. Did not do a full tank, as the vehicle is not going anywhere for the next 20 odd days.
11. For the first time in all these years, i felt my body was in motion even after getting off the vehicle. Lower back support in the front seat is lacking, i ended up with some amount of lower back discomfort at the end of 4 hours of driving.

@keshav: I have some pictures but they are overexposed, the colour does not come out right. But, i can tell you that it looks much better in person than in the pictures you may see.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 4th February 2019 at 12:39.
cyberwhizs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 19:27   #788
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the "All New" Ertiga last week. I drive a Ford Figo and my friend who drives Punto 90 Bhp accompanied me for the test drive. Ertiga engine performed reasonably well for the car of this size. Since our rides have Hydraulic Power Steering, we found EPS of Ertiga pretty easy to drive and maneuver in the City. The goodness of the car ends here.

Both of us could not belive that the much hyped Ertiga is so poor in terms of ride quality , passenger comfort. AC was below ordinary owing to large glass area. We easily felt the flyover joints , undulation etc once vehicle crossed 60 kmph. I have no idea why this start stop function exists in the car which is supposed to seat 7 people. All you get is an extra .2 or .5 kmpl mileage after suffocating all of them in a traffic jam or say in a 100+ seconds signal(when the AC is on ). All in all both of us were extremely disappointed after the TD of Ertiga! I had almost blindly booked the Ertiga but thankfully test drive clarified all my doubts. I happily drove back in good old Ford Figo

Quote:
Got a chance to drive around 150 odd km, mix of city, highway and real good dirt tracks (all courtesy of local administration), Some observations

1. Low speed ride is composed. However, once you pick up a little speed, every undulation is felt, e.g. girder dividers on a bridge.
2. The vertical movement / bobbing is perceptible at speeds greater than 60 kmph
4, Body roll is evident, even at moderate speeds - 35 - 40 kmph at moderate curves, it is not at all like a typical sedan.
5. Distinct nose dive on typical braking. One needs to consciously plan to counteract this tendency to avoid folks at the back getting uncomfortable.
I had an exactly similar experience while test driving the Ertiga.

Last edited by theMAG : 7th February 2019 at 00:14. Reason: Multiple typos fixed.
recshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th February 2019, 20:33   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I test drove the "All New" Ertiga last week. I drive a Ford Figo and my friend who drives Punto 90 Bhp accompanied me for the test drive. Ertiga engine performed reasonably well for the car of this size. Since our rides have Hydraulic Power Steering, we found EPS of Ertiga pretty easy to drive and maneuver in the City. The goodness of the car ends here.

All in all bot of us were extremely dissapointed after the TD of Ertiga! I had almost blindly booked the Ertiga but thankfully test drive clarified all my doubts. I happily drove back in good old Ford Figo

I had an exactly similar exeperince while test driving the Ertiga.
Thanks for sharing, at least i now know that i am not hallucinating.

Well, well, well. I am used to driving a ford fiesta - the old one (now classic) and the humble indica.

I had a brief test ride in crazy traffic and primarily went by all the rave reviews put up by different automobile portals. Not one of those reviews fault the vehicle one bit.

Technically, it fit our requirement - expanded sedan (occasional 7 seater), smaller footprint than a MUV and budget. So, with the waiting period climbing up, we decided to take the plunge.

At the end of the trip the feedback was --- fiesta is more comfortable - it's a 13 year old car. Niggles apart, even the indica has been supremely comfortable and seen 1000 km/day trip on multiple occasions

Anyway, whats done is done. A tad disappointed, will now have to adapt to the situation. . I missed checking the tyre pressure during the PDI, i will check that and see if there is any improvement.

PS: Prospective buyers, if the points outlined in the earlier post are important to you, kindly hold off till you hear from gurus at teambhp under the official review threads.

OT: Your location says mangalore - so a quick question - am planning a trip to udupi/sringeri , some folks are advising the old NH17, Just wanted to know the road/traffic condition out there. For details kindly refer to my post on mumbai/pune bangalore thread. (do not know how to link it here) Thanks
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 17:26   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had an exactly similar exeperince while test driving the Ertiga.

Thanks for the feedback, I have booked the car without a TD and guess what ? I drive a Fiat Linea currently Its strange how priorities change over the years ! I guess because it is a MPV, it will show some of those traits (roll, pitch etc.). May I ask how was the quality of ride when the car was loaded with say, four people ?

I am hoping the ride quality to be reasonable as that is now the only priority along with lots of space, driving pleasure is something I am willing to let go now !
Old 6th February 2019, 18:56   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing, at least i now know that i am not hallucinating.

OT: Your location says mangalore - so a quick question - am planning a trip to udupi/sringeri , some folks are advising the old NH17, Just wanted to know the road/traffic condition out there. For details kindly refer to my post on mumbai/pune bangalore thread. (do not know how to link it here) Thanks
I guess you are referring to NH66 (old name was NH17). I have heard that roads from Goa till Udupi are decent. Here is a review of Marazzo done after travelling 1000 km to a place near to Udupi from Mumbai. Reviewer says he covered the distance in 12+ hours which is pretty decent for 1000 Kms trip

Did you check the tyre pressure? I guess tyre pressure will make a lot of difference in the ride quality. I am planning to visit another showroom next week and do a test drive to confirm that Ertiga indeed has not so good suspension. Since both me and my friend drive a hatch where one sits low and both the cars are known for handling I am sure for us it was natural to get a wobbly ride with body roll. My friend went on a same patch of road where we drove Ertiga and realized how good is the Punto suspension. I went on same broken road at 60 kmph and did not get thrown around like Ertiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I guess because it is a MPV, it will show some of those traits (roll, pitch etc.). May I ask how was the quality of ride when the car was loaded with say, four people ?

I am hoping the ride quality to be reasonable as that is now the only priority along with lots of space, driving pleasure is something I am willing to let go now !
When I drove, there were totally 3 people.

I am looking for a very comfortable MPV with lot of luggage space and mostly 4-5 people will be travelling at the max. Being an MPV I was expecting it to be a comfortable people mover from Point A to B. However based on my experience, it was pretty ordinary for all the hype created and I walked out of showroom highly disappointed. In market there is no real competition and MSIL keeps milking the Indian customers .

Today sales person called from Bharath Auto cars Mangalore "Sir, from Bharath Auto cars, what have you decided". I was confused whether to laugh or cry recalling the whole TD experience . In contrast Mahindra sales person spoke with proper context " Sir, this is So and So from Mahindra showroom. You had test driven Marazzo. What is your opinion".Mahindra Marazzo is a good alternative but it is just too big for my liking. Despite huge size, Marazzo wast pretty easy to drive around. The ride and suspension were much better than Ertiga.

I am surprised that Hyundai missed the 7 seater MPV offering in Indian market! They could have easily targeted this segment with proven 1.4L diesel engine.

Last edited by recshenoy : 6th February 2019 at 19:10.
Old 10th February 2019, 12:57   #792
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you are referring to NH66 (old name was NH17). I have heard that roads from Goa till Udupi are decent. Here is a review of Marazzo done after travelling 1000 km to a place near to Udupi from Mumbai. Reviewer says he covered the distance in 12+ hours which is pretty decent for 1000 Kms trip
Thanks, contemplated a bit, finally decided to go through NH4 , with a halt at shimoga.

No, i haven't driven the vehicle since, i will check the tyre pressure and let you know the results, next week once i get a chance to drive it. My observations were with 5 folks on board (driver + 4). I do understand that with just one or two people, the vehicle can be a bit jumpy.

More than anything else, what really bothered me was the vertical movement - bobbing, and nose diving, it can make folks queasy in no time especially in twisty sections.

The gear shift was pretty easy/smooth in the test vehicle, and clutch super light. In the new vehicle it not as smooth, may be the parts need to bed in.

Is there a teambhp review in the works for the new ertiga - anybody knows?
Old 11th February 2019, 15:27   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
I am looking to buy a 5+2 seater and have already booked the new Ertiga. Friend advised to give TUV a look in.

Which do you think is the better amongst the two for long journey comfort for the 6th passenger or the last two seat?
Cross posting from the TUV3OO Thread. Please give your feedback.
Old 12th February 2019, 13:42   #794
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Ertiga Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
Cross posting from the TUV3OO Thread. Please give your feedback.
Do go through the ownership logs of procrj and autoindian , they will provide good details on TUV300 strengths and weaknesses if any.

Given the fact that front facing seats are almost always more comfortable than side facing seat, ertiga should be more comfortable. With the new ertiga, third row space is pretty much accessible and usable, of course one cant go on a long road trip with 7 people and luggage but you can definitely use it as a 7 seater within the city without any problems.

If you have the inclination, based on the ownership logs TUV300 is not a bad deal at all, except certain ergonomic issues with doors, and having to climb in - not as elder friendly as ertiga , it is worth checking it out in person. And yes, it not beige all over. Beige is a nightmare to maintain

And then, there is TUV300 Plus, if you need more space, but it also has side seats at the back.

Last edited by GTO : 15th February 2019 at 09:20. Reason: Link to review :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks