Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2018, 21:24   #691
BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

We got the delivery of our ZXi AT today
If you dont mind, can you please let me know which dealer you booked this from? Both my brother and a close childhood friend had booked Ertiga AT, but the estimates being given to them is around February (this is from Varun motors and Saboo motors). My friend has infact shifted to Hexa owing to the waiting period.
Old 26th December 2018, 21:33   #692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Maruti uses 0W16 grade fully synthetic engine oil in new K15B petrol engine.
That grade goes against whatever I've known about engine oils.

Can someone help explain how 0W16 is a suitable oil?
Old 26th December 2018, 21:39   #693
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
If you don't mind, can you please let me know which dealer you booked this from?
We initially booked the ZXi+ variant on the 14.11.2018 at Varun Motors, Begumpet but after a while, we changed the booking to ZXi AT. Our Ertiga was the third to get delivered.

The waiting list is too long now plus a price hike will happen too.

Last edited by a4anurag : 26th December 2018 at 21:41.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 09:07   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That grade goes against whatever I've known about engine oils.

Can someone help explain how 0W16 is a suitable oil?
Even i am not sure how Maruti will manage with such low viscosity. Will it not lead to increased wear and tear? Anyways, what else can you expect from an OEM running only after FE. 0W16 screams fuel efficiency!
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 13:50   #695
BHPian

Finally went ahead and booked the Zxi+ Manual today. Expected delivery by end of Jan 2019. I wanted a 2019 vehicle so I held on for sometime. Also had a confusion between the MT and Auto. Finally settled with the top end manual. color selected in Magma Grey As of now, the on-road price is 11.19 inclusive of extended warranty , bumper to bumper insurance for first year and third party for remaining two years. Hope the prices arent hiked for this model

Last edited by keshav1426 : 27th December 2018 at 14:02. Reason: additional information
keshav1426 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 01:42   #696
BHPian

New Ertiga getting 800 bookings a day
37000 Booked since November 14

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181228011952_chrome.jpg

Quote:
RS Kalsi, executive director, sales and marketing at Maruti Suzuki, says the response to the new Ertiga has been very positive and the company has been receiving on an average 800 bookings a day.
Compared to its closest rival -
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181228012925_chrome.jpg

Quote:
About 70,000 people have chosen new generation MPVs over SUVs in the past few months after Mahindra Marazzo and the refurbished Maruti Suzuki Ertiga spiced up a segment that had suffered from the lack of ‘hip and happening’ options.
New MPVs with three seating rows are best suited for big families or those venturing beyond the city on weekends. Much more stylish than ever before, the new-age MPVs are packed with car-like features and more affordable. They are high on utility and fuel efficiency as well.

“MPVs are back. The concept of togetherness is taking a different meaning. It is no more about family get-togethers. The weekend out with friends and colleagues is also an increasing trend and stylish MPVs do serve the purpose,” added Kalsi.
Source
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 06:57   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Finally went ahead and booked the Zxi+ Manual today. Expected delivery by end of Jan 2019. I wanted a 2019 vehicle so I held on for sometime. Also had a confusion between the MT and Auto. Finally settled with the top end manual. color selected in Magma Grey As of now, the on-road price is 11.19 inclusive of extended warranty , bumper to bumper insurance for first year and third party for remaining two years. Hope the prices arent hiked for this model
Many congratulations on the booking! Were you able to TD the vehicle? I have been calling an SA at Rohan Motors in Gurgaon (contact given by its workshop SA) since Wednesday but he has not been able to get the vehicle to my office. Today I may have an option to go to the showroom.

From yours & a couple of other reviews above, it looks like the top model is the best choice. Hope your wishes are fulfilled & there is no price hike
CarStruck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 09:28   #698
BHPian

37000 bookings is a massive number. Only Maruti can pull such stuff. I guess they will be busy for the next 5-6 months with these orders. Also, the positive reviews will start flowing in soon and this will only add to the bookings. Ertiga was averaging 5-6000 units a month and the face lift will push it to the 10k territory. Somehow i too have a feeling that my next car will be a compact MPV. It is perfect for a city dweller looking to move more than 5 people around in decent comfort, when the need arises. All this is without compromising on the overall footprint and economy.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 12:05   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
Many congratulations on the booking! Were you able to TD the vehicle? From yours & a couple of other reviews above, it looks like the top model is the best choice. Hope your wishes are fulfilled & there is no price hike
CarStruck
Thanks Unfortunately wasn't able to TD the vehicle. I read all the reviews and came up with all the differences in my head. Some being slightly stiffer suspension, 200cc more than the previous version and the whole list of features. I did have the first gen Ertiga for almost 5 years so I kind of know how it drives and what to expect. Most dealerships dont have a dedicated test drive vehicle yet. I wanted to book it in Nov but was confused between the auto and manual. Since this vehicle will be for school drops and multiple highway trips in a year, decided to stick to manual. Its also easier to sell off in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Somehow i too have a feeling that my next car will be a compact MPV. It is perfect for a city dweller looking to move more than 5 people around in decent comfort, when the need arises. All this is without compromising on the overall footprint and economy.
Your right. After using this kind of vehicle, its hard to go back to a sedan. The extra row and ease in traffic cannot be ignored. I was getting 13-15 kmpl in the city/Highway with my first gen and i expect the new version to match or better the figure. I think this is commendable for a people mover

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th December 2018 at 12:13. Reason: back to back posts merged.
keshav1426 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 13:07   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear that you have upgraded. Can you please share the final on road price for this top variant? Thank you.
Thanks, the final price is coming to 1120906 INR, this includes extended warranty of 16142.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 19:21   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki goes aggressive on its product portfolio. Ertiga Cross(YHB) arriving in late 2019 - design sketch ( patent) leaked.

Will be positioned as the range-topping variant ( 6 seat variant) sold exclusively through Nexa dealerships.

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th December 2018 at 19:26.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 19:03   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
CarStruck
Thanks Unfortunately wasn't able to TD the vehicle. I read all the reviews and came up with all the differences in my head. Some being slightly stiffer suspension, 200cc more than the previous version and the whole list of features. I did have the first gen Ertiga for almost 5 years so I kind of know how it drives and what to expect. Most dealerships dont have a dedicated test drive vehicle yet. I wanted to book it in Nov but was confused between the auto and manual. Since this vehicle will be for school drops and multiple highway trips in a year, decided to stick to manual. Its also easier to sell off in the long run.
Thank you. I was able to TD when the SA got the vehicle first thing in the morning. The car is as smooth as silk. I went on some of the worst roads in Gurgaon and the cushioning was quite good. I also did not find much noise in the cabin, except the blower above the 2nd row. I think you've made a good choice. The waiting period mentioned was 16 weeks! Since you have booked earlier, hopefully you will receive yours much earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Thanks, the final price is coming to 1120906 INR, this includes extended warranty of 16142.
The final price in Gurgaon is coming to INR 1101859 including the same extended warranty.

Last edited by navin : 31st December 2018 at 14:15.
CarStruck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 11:41   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I was able to TD when the SA got the vehicle first thing in the morning. The car is as smooth as silk. hopefully you will receive yours much earlier
Thanks much. Since you did a TD , help me with the following information
1. Body panels. Do they feel acceptable compared to previous gen or the new swift / baleno
2. Suspension : Did you find it stiff or cushioning.
3. Boot Space : All rows up, is it acceptable for a couple of trolleys

Apart from these , I guess everything else is covered . My SA might have told me 2-4 weeks so that I book the vehicle. 16 weeks seems outrageous . I have also told him that my colour preference is not set and I am ok with anything other than white and silver. Trying to keep some flexibility so that I get the car sooner. I also bought a wagonR from him 6 months ago, so hoping the relationship helps with getting some priority. Have you gone ahead and booked the vehicle ? That flat bottom steering with Leather + Faux wood design is a killer

Quote:
The final price in Gurgaon is coming to INR 1101859 including the same extended warranty.
This is most likely due to difference in Taxes and registration

Last edited by navin : 31st December 2018 at 14:14.
Old 31st December 2018, 19:06   #704
BHPian

I found this review to be good and the boot has been shown elaborately. For those who may be interested in the finer aspects

keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 12:01   #705
BHPian

Test drove the car last week, the petrol one. It ticks all boxes in terms of space, comfort, performance and refinement for the average joe. Colour choices are bit limited apart from the standard white, silver, and gray you have the auburn red and a peculiar blue.

As evident with the spate of bookings, this will be yet another best seller from maruti suzuki.
The delivery time lines are of the order of 14-18 weeks for the manual transmission and 18-22 weeks for the automatic.

No discounts, what so ever, i.e. no exchange, no corporate and no freebies.

Dealer pushing some anti-rust treatment for around 7K and faux leather seat covers for around 11K.

The lower variants lack a reversing camera, the dealer offered one - integrated audio system and reversing monitor/display - for a 27K kenwood and 32K for a sony. A tad expensive?

It is worth getting these fitted at dealer or after market shops?

PS: booked VXi, the gray one.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 1st January 2019 at 12:03.
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks