Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2018, 14:47   #601
BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

New Maruti Suzuki Ertiga: Which variant should you buy?
Quote:
Which is the version to buy?
As mentioned already, only opt for the diesel if your monthly running is very high. The diesel engine isn’t the nicest and the Rs 1.4 lakh increment over a comparable petrol is hard to justify for a low mileage user.

Money no object, we’d recommend the fully loaded ZXi+ that gives you all the features you’d want within a budget of Rs 10 lakh. Buyers who’d be driving themselves would be well advised to go for the ZXi AT that also falls under the Rs 10 lakh mark.

However, if it’s sheer value you are looking for, it’s the VXi that we’d recommend. It is well priced and offers a good list of comfort features to keep middle row and last row occupants satisfied.
LINK

Last edited by JS Kwt : 28th November 2018 at 14:48.
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 15:42   #602
BHPian

New Maruti Ertiga waiting period up to 4 weeks – Dealers register good booking numbers
Quote:
On sale at all the 2,200 dealers of Maruti Suzuki, Ertiga sales are off to a good start. Almost every dealer is quoting a waiting period of up to 4 weeks.

Rushlane.com
Old 28th November 2018, 15:50   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
New Maruti Ertiga waiting period up to 4 weeks – Dealers register good booking numbers
'Build quality' aside, the Ertiga has pretty much a lot going for it and will do quite well for itself. Especially considering its <12L OTR price. I'm sure there will be higher demand for the Z and Z+ variants among private buyers.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 15:52   #604
BANNED

Quote:
So it is BAU (Business As Usual) for the new Ertiga too. I liked the front look, but some how I don't feel much liking for the rear. The headlight layout have a similarity to BMW M3.

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-m3-headlights.jpg

I think I have given one more reason for the new Ertiga owners to rejoice
Old 28th November 2018, 17:30   #605
BHPian

Have tried to gather some information regarding the price and assembly of the Indonesian Tail Lamps with LIGHT GUIDES

Its a 3 piece Housing for each side
Costs 7500 Rs (15,00,000 RP) per side

Appx cost seems to be around 15000 Rs for both sides R/L - (including Wiring Harness if needed)

https://www.suzuki.co.id/eparts/electrical/115/7/20862

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181128_175546.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181128125901_chrome.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181128130027_chrome.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181128130507_chrome.jpg

Hope some Experts could clarify whether the Wiring Harness is required ? And if so , for both sides ? (cost 750/pc).
Wonder if it would be easy Plug n Play or need modifications ?

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181128_130733.jpg

Can't comment on other charges if applicable, there is 10% Vat in Indonesia.
If there are Team BHP members in Indonesia maybe they could comment on the exact price.

Add to this Further the Shipping costs

Also some Experts could look into these illustrations and advise if the total Lamp Assembly needs to be changed or it would be possible to Just install the specific Bulbs in the existing Indian model ?

Last edited by JS Kwt : 28th November 2018 at 17:45.
JS Kwt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 18:23   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have tried to gather some information regarding the price and assembly of the Indonesian Tail Lamps with LIGHT GUIDES
Wait for few months after launch and these will be readily available both on popular portals as well as accessories shop. You really don't need to research on the OE Parts for this.

After all, lights like these were always there for the outgoing Ertiga that added a bit of characteristic to the plain tail lamps:

And yes, these are quite neatly done as a friend installed them in his Crysta too.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 18:37   #607
BANNED

Quote:

Its a 3 piece Housing for each side
Costs 7500 Rs (15,00,000 RP) per side

Appx cost seems to be around 15000 Rs for both sides R/L - (including Wiring Harness if needed)

Nicely done sir. Yes, these would be great. The only question would be if warranty would be voided if we buy and install this here.

Also, how would we go about procuring and fitting this here in India?
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 18:45   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Nicely done sir. Yes, these would be great. The only question would be if warranty would be voided if we buy and install this here.

Also, how would we go about procuring and fitting this here in India?
You are worrying so much about this to be honest. A simple tail lamp assembly change is not an extreme modification that would ruin the electrical system of your car. These are very simple retrofit lamps with Plug and Play feature and am sure will come with appropriate couplers too.

Regarding fitting, refer to the owners manual on how to remove the tail lamp assembly (usually part of bulb replacement section). These are secured with bolts and few clips including the upper part which is now a dummy reflector.

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th November 2018 at 18:49.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 10:31   #609
BHPian

ERTIGA SPORT vis a vis NEW ERTIGA

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181129_023634.jpg

Killer Looks
Will a 7 seater Sport MPV click in India ? Ertiga RS ?

Other interesting render

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181128_104230.jpg

New Ertiga with Scross Grill
Gives a much more Aggressive , In your Face Look

Last edited by JS Kwt : 29th November 2018 at 10:40.
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 10:47   #610
BANNED

Quote:
ERTIGA SPORT vis a vis NEW ERTIGA

Attachment 1823087

Killer Looks

Other interesting render

Attachment 1823085

New Ertiga with Scross Grill
Gives a much more Aggressive , In your Face Look
The Ertiga sport looks good. But with the s-cross grille it looks like 'having tooth braces'. This is my personal preference as I just hate the front look of the new s-cross. The Ertiga RS if launched in India may come with 1.0L boosterjet engine, not to affect the 'kitna deti hein' part.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 12:21   #611
BHPian

Quote:
So now might be a good time to buy a Diesel Ertiga.
For those eyeing Diesel Ertiga
More information regarding buying Diesel

Quote:
Engine upgrade costs could make diesels unaffordable: Maruti

The high cost of upgrading a diesel engine to meet the BS-VI emission standard that comes into force on April 1, 2020 will drive up prices and hamper the fuel choice’s cost-effectiveness, according to CV Raman, senior executive director (engineering), Maruti Suzuki.

“It’s not that we aren’t confident of upgrading a small diesel engine to meet BS-VI norms. We can fully meet all the future requirements. But there are costs involved. Whether the customer would be willing to pay Rs 2 or 3 lakh more for a selective catalytic reduction (SCR)-equipped diesel in the MPV segment is a question mark,” said CV Raman to Autocar India.

In addition to the costs involved in upgrading to BS-VI in 2020, the introduction of Real Driving Emissions (RDE) testing around 2023 will require SCR systems in many diesels, further raising their cost.

The uncertainty over affordability casts a shadow over the long-term future of diesels. Diesels accounted for 38 percent of the overall PVs sold in April-Oct 2018, down from 40 percent last year.

Although diesel customers accounted for nearly half of all first-gen Ertiga sales, the carmaker sees the scales tipping in favour of petrol and CNG on the new Ertiga.

“The first-gen Ertiga had almost 45 to 50 percent of diesel customers because of the Smart Hybrid tech, and also due to a substantial difference between petrol and diesel prices, which was almost Rs 30. Now, the difference is down to just Rs 8 or 9,” he said. Instead, Raman feels CNG would be a better bet. Maruti is expected to introduce Ertiga with a factory-fit CNG kit in less than six months. “That will become a more attractive proposition for the customers,” he added.

The carmaker has equipped the newly launched Ertiga MPV with a tried and tested but old-tech Fiat-sourced 90hp 1.3 diesel. The unit comes equipped with Maruti’s SHVS hybrid technology, which is claimed to aid fuel efficiency.
LINK

Last edited by JS Kwt : 29th November 2018 at 12:26.
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 17:04   #612
BHPian

Quote:
ERTIGA SPORT
Maruti Suzuki is planning to launch a sportier version of the all-new Ertiga and it will be exclusively sold at Nexa premium dealerships

Quote:
Maruti Planning Sporty 6-Seater Version Of Ertiga For Nexa

In an exclusive report, as per our sources, we can reveal that a six-seater version of the Ertiga is being planned for debut mid next year.
It will be exclusive to the Nexa premium outlets and have 2+2+2 configuration ditching the traditional layout with captain seats in second and third row. It will more likely be positioned as the top-of-the-line Ertiga and is expected to get exterior modifications to distinguish itself form the regular model.
Expect the Nexa-bound Ertiga to receive sportier visual enhancements like a new body kit with lip spoiler, aggressive side skirts, newly designed alloy wheels, unique body graphics, LED Projectors, Auto-Dimming IRVM, an integrated spoiler and new colour choices. Maruti Suzuki may just opt to offer the new model only with the 1.5-litre K15B `6SHVS petrol engine that currently makes 104.7 PS maximum power and 138 Nm of peak torque. The sportier Ertiga could get contrast highlights on the interior as well as new premium bits and is more likely to launch sometime next year.
It may draw influence from the Ertiga Sport concept showcased at the 2018 GIIAS (Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show) in August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Any news so far of a captain seat version of the ertiga 2018. I was hoping there would be one.
Captain Seats coming your way

Link

Last edited by JS Kwt : 29th November 2018 at 17:12.
JS Kwt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 18:38   #613
BANNED

This is exciting. Hope it turns out to be true.

The report mentions Captain seats in the 2nd as well as 3rd row.

3rd row captain seats may be an overkill, though personally I would welcome it.

And being a nexa product, it will hopefully come with improved interiors.

On the exteriors, I hope they give more body cladding etc to give it a better cross-overish / SUV ish look. I tend to think that is the direction to take, rather than try to make it look sportier of the performance car type.

I was seriously considering marazzo, but now will wait for this one to arrive and then decide.
Old 30th November 2018, 14:29   #614
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki seems delighted to Receive the Autoportal Award

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-screenshot_20181130145530_twitter.jpg

Last edited by JS Kwt : 30th November 2018 at 14:48.
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 19:57   #615
Senior - BHPian

Test drove Ertiga Petrol today, a few points from the drive.

1. 3rd row seat to floor ratio isn't bad, but when the seat is reclined, I found the headroom was less. My head was touching roof, not a good place for adults on rough roads. Last row is strictly for two adults. Two individuals my size wont fit in comfortably but can travel for a day without major discomfort. Strictly for kids and short adults, anybody over 5'5" and/or a heavy frame will be eager to jump out of that seat. Egress wasn't particularly easy for me. Marazzo remains the king I guess in this domain.

2. Visibility from drivers seat is very good if seat is in highest position, but it reveals another problem : Lack of steering wheel reach adjustment. Other ergonomics are typical Maruti, nothing to complain about. At driver's seat highest position, it was as if I am looking from top of windscreen. Headroom is quite nice though at front.

3. Fog lamp switch is now on light stalk itself. Thankfully. Headlamp level adjustment is tiny and not that easy to find while driving. Lights are much better than outgoing model. But they aren't a match to my Swift's 90/100 Philips Rally setup .

4. Suspension is good, slightly stiff. The test drive car had 120 km or so on odo. My 2012 Innova is better in ride department once speeds cross 50 kmph. But urban ride quality of Ertiga is something most will appreciate. Maruti's suspension tuning has got better with time. For covering long distances as a people mover, Ertiga ride will be comfortable for most roads. Marazzo has an edge in my view.

5. The part we all love : Engine. Its very refined upto around 2000 rpm or so. 20 kmph in 3rd gear isn't a problem with this engine. 2nd gear speed breaker test was a success too. Acceleration is smart for a car this size, but not sporty. This torque will be needed if the car is loaded, during my test drive there were only two individuals : me and the sales person. Engine isn't lethargic, but sufficient. When spending something in range of 10 lakhs, I expected something more energetic or eager. Note that K15 is much better motor in urban driving than Honda's 1.5. Hyundai 1.6 might not be as efficient, but its a better all rounder in my view for both its applications : Verna and Creta. IIRC, just above 20 kmph was observed at 1000 rpm in 3rd gear. Clutch is light but, dont know why, felt a bit spongy than my 2015 Swift petrol which has 307XX kms. on odo. Ertiga gearshift was noteworthy, smooth shifting and had precise gates. Throws are shorter than Marazzo. All in all, engine will be adequate for those looking forward to a relatively small 7 seater. It will do its job in city and on highway efficiently, but for enthusiasts Honda's 1.5 still holds numero-uno status. My experience with K12 suggests that engine will be better performing after 10,000 kms. But it wont be segment leader and all-rounder as K12.

6. Steering ratio is not as sharp as Swift, in tight corners, I always had around half a steering wheel's rotation available. May be am used to Swift too much. Feedback isn't a forte of this car. But steering wheel feels nice to hold. Maruti has learnt a lot in this department.

7. Outside noise filters a lot in cabin. This drains overall user experience in my view. There were two guys talking to each other on a bike next to me. Both of them were speaking a bit louder and were audible in the car. Salesperson himself checked twice if his window was open, and something I had checked more than twice if all windows were rolled up or not. When I mentioned this weakness to salesperson, he confessed to checking window open or not. This single factor can be hurting overall ownership experience in long run. Proof of Toyota doesn't age that fast : my Innova's overall insulation hasn't taken a large hit in 6.5+ years. At this price, Maruti could have done better.

8. While Ertiga isn't a whale in city, there was something peculiar about it. Felt that from driver's seat, the car extends disproportionately long behind driver. May be am more used to Swift and Innova, but even in case of Innova, the hood isn't that short. This should not be a deal breaker, in hardly 5 mins or a couple of U-turns, one would be aware of length behind him/her. Its like being aware of more length that wont shrink around you.

9. The slight hump on floor serving as dead pedal :

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-20181130_174305.jpg

Marazzo would have been more VFM in my book were it not for a small diesel engine and not so well equipped M4 variant. Marazzo is built better, is more spacious and offers better ride which are prerequisites as a people mover. Ertiga will certainly sell in huge numbers and is certainly improved over outgoing one. But I expected better overall experience given the price.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 30th November 2018 at 20:06.
aaggoswami is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks