Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2018, 09:56   #106
Senior - BHPian

I agree, was just sharing a news article I found with regards to this car. I also know that the test mule has Fog Lamps up high and this Xcent faced car has them down low with LED DRLs not seen in the test mules till now.

Also, the side indicator is on the front fender in test mules and not on ORVMs. And the window line does not slope upwards like in the render.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 08:51   #107
BHPian

The next-gen Hyundai Santro

Looks like previous gen i10. I remember certain customers were called to gather feedback. There they said it had a squarish wheel arch's, not present at all in test mules. If a slightly reworked i10 is being launched, it's a disappointment.
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 19:56   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The next-gen Hyundai Santro

Hyundai ‘Smart Auto’ To Rival Maruti AMT Cars. To debut in the new 'Santro.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 11:28   #109
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Next-gen Hyundai Santro interiors spied

Thanks to Sunil Choudary Makkineni for your observations and for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-santro-interior1.jpg

The upcoming Hyundai Santro has been spied on numerous occasions. The latest spy images give us a peek into the car's interior.

This test mule was spotted on Poonamallee High road in Chennai. The images reveal the car's dashboard partially, which could have a similar layout as the 1st-gen i10 with minor modifications. The buttons on the centre console have amber coloured illumination. There also appears to be a small infotainment screen with amber fonts. The instrument cluster consists of two analogue dials with the speedometer in the centre and the tachometer on the left hand side. A small MID has been placed on the right side of the cluster. The car has front seats with integrated headrests and a bench at the rear. The rear compartment appears to be airy and the door panels have integrated hand rests.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-santro-interior2.jpg

The upcoming Santro is likely to borrow the 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine from the Eon. Although, there has been no confirmation regarding the same.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-santro-interior3.jpg
The next-gen Hyundai Santro-santro-interior4.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 10:17   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Spy Video of Hyundai's new hatchback.

Old 23rd July 2018, 10:57   #111
BHPian

Is it just me or does anyone else notice the similarities at the front and rear with Nissan Micra?
Old 27th July 2018, 10:34   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Name of the hatchback to be revealed on 4th October.

Quote:
The 'Santro' name is understood to get a suffix, in the same way ‘Xing’ followed the moniker on the facelifted version of the original car. Hyundai will launch a contest on August 16 inviting suggestions for the model’s full name
The next-gen Hyundai Santro-ac.jpg

Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th July 2018 at 10:38.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 16:17   #113
Senior - BHPian

Is this the new trend? First we started hearing rumors of launch date. Then came in separate dates for launch and pricing. And here we have date for deciding name! Read in Autocar that Mahindra has identified Jul 31 for naming its new MUV. Hope the manufacturers are consulting astrologer/numerologist before christening their baby. What next? dates for car shower?
PrideRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 16:24   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Name of the hatchback to be revealed on 4th October.

Attachment 1784443

Source
Rendering has every bit of Grand i10 + Xcent in it. But I somehow feel like this wont be the case with the new Santro.

This could be the most awaited entry level hatch - especially due to the Santro name. And Hyundai may not just leave it to look like others in the fleet (I feel so). And what is its competition Alto, Redigo ? No - I think it has a quite a huge fan following than the people who look at it just as one of the options among the entry level hatch.

Last edited by peterjim13 : 27th July 2018 at 16:26.
Old 28th July 2018, 11:59   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
OT: why is the scooter you're riding(pilion on) not having RVM?
Hi Neeraj,
I was riding pillion on my friend's Activa, this particular friend of mine hates RVM. IIRC he removed both RVM from his Activa even before taking her to temple for Pooja. Same is true for his car, both his ORVM are always folded. Very dangerous practice but we are used to of this now. On the contrary my car's ORVM are always open.
Interestingly, he currently drives a 2009 Santro and was very happy when I told him to chase the next gen Santro.
He was interested in the car, ready to exchange his Santro with AMT Santro (if launched).
Old 2nd August 2018, 14:58   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai will tell you more of the NEW Santro on October 4th.

You may call it preview or name reveal or anything ...except a launch!

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd August 2018 at 15:00.
Old 2nd August 2018, 15:06   #117
Team-BHP Support

From all these spy pictures - one thing I dread is that window line. Seems to be rising from A to B pillar, dips a bit till the half of the rear door, and again rises! Might be a functional element to increase the window space and get more light into the cabin, but that could look real ugly.

Hated it on the Mobilio as well, though there the implementation was more prominent than this.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-0_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20180614033120_santro_autocar.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-201807_hyundai-new-santro-1.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 16:17   #118
Senior - BHPian

SRK has come out with a render of the Hyundai Santro successor keeping in mind all the details noted down from the test mules. It even has the slight kink noticed by KrazyDriver and the wheel caps as seen on these test mules, the rear door mirror area resembles the one seen on the test mules as well. Maybe Hyundai India will bring in their next design element of split-front lights (LED DRLS, Head Lamps, Fog Lamps, Indicators). The area usually featuring Fog Lamps has been replaced by Front Air Curtains in the render as found in new age Hyundai cars.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-hyundaiah22019hyundaisantroiabrendering.jpg

Link (https://indianautosblog.com/2018/08/...ndering-311522)
AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 16:19   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Hated it on the Mobilio as well, though there the implementation was more prominent than this
Exactly my thoughts. In the Mobilio it actually stood out as a distinct design element, but in this case it looks like some one dropped something heavy on the window sill and caused a dent! An eyesore on an otherwise neat design.
arbaz906 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 20:45   #120
Senior - BHPian

What's with the ruining of clean design. The rear window looks odd. Apart from this, its a hit in making.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks