Volvo XC60 21 0.88%
Voters: 2387. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2017, 12:02   #331
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass

Voted for Compass!

Chic looks accompanied by awesome mechanicals like 2.0 TDI, Multilink suspension, built like a tank are the prime reasons.

Both Hexa and Nexon are very close but Compass for me this time.
Old 22nd December 2017, 12:51   #332
Senior - BHPian

It was between the Nexon & the Compass for me, but finally voted for the Compass.
An aspirational product, very well rounded package and good pricing for the segment.

I truly hope FCA doesn't mess up the after sales.
Old 23rd December 2017, 21:32   #333
BHPian

Voted for Jeep Compass!
What made me choose Jeep Compass, the foremost reason is a brand with rich heritage value ! As for the product its styled in a very contemporary manner giving it a distinct identity. And it comes with good engine, drive train, gear-box options and all the bell & whistles of safety.
Old 23rd December 2017, 22:27   #334
Senior - BHPian

Wondering what this poll would have been like if the Compass would have had a diesel automatic?
Nevertheless, one more voting day to go.

Congratulations FCA, you are most likely the Team BHP COTY with the Compass. Just give us the diesel Auto.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 09:50   #335
Senior - BHPian

While this year's COTY was always going to be a straight fight between the Compass, Hexa, and Nexon, I voted for the Volvo V90 Cross Country. Why?

It was an incredibly brave (and probably foolish) decision to introduce a Station Wagon in India, given the history of such cars failing badly. But then, at that price, it is a niche car in a niche segment, so I am hoping that Volvo realises decent success at low volumes. Plus, I do have that soft spot for Station Wagons ...
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 16:19   #336
BHPian

A comparison between Team BHP and NDTV-CarandBike

Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass-coty2017.jpg

Look at the voting style of BHPians, 1983 votes for SUVs and 392 for the rest.

NDTV-carandbike ratings for 2017 is matching remarkably well with Team-BHP Voting for SUVs. Except the Ford-Ecosport facelift which is not included here this year and I am sure if it had been there, it would have been in the top ranks.

As long as the rest of the cars are concerned, NDTV-carandbike team is different. I am bewildered by Ignis. They say, "it has set the sales chart on fire" but then MSIL is offering 40000 discounts on Ignis to clear stocks.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 27th December 2017 at 16:38.
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 11:20   #337
GTO
Team-BHP Support

With 44% of BHPian votes, it's a clean sweep for the Compass! This Jeep is the Team-BHP Car of 2017 .

It's also the 1st time that a brand has won our COTY with its debut product (am ignoring the CBU Cherokee & Wrangler which had zero relevance & sales). It says a lot about the Compass' price & positioning. Yes, the cabin space, owner-reported niggles & weirdly planned variants are disappointing. But the combination of the Jeep brand + styling + pricing + solid build + mature suspension + sweet 2.0L diesel has clearly proven irresistible for many.

Very well-deserved, Jeep & FCA. Now go out and take the utmost care of your 2-million-rupee customers. They've put a lot of faith in an unknown product, backed by a company with a damaged reputation.

Last edited by GTO : 28th December 2017 at 11:24.
GTO is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 12:03   #338
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
With 44% of BHPian votes, it's a clean sweep for the Compass! This Jeep is the Team-BHP Car of 2017 .
Congratulation Mr. Jeep Compass

But can't ignore how TATA earned those votes for both HEXA and NEXON

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 12:06   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Very well-deserved, Jeep & FCA. Now go out and take the utmost care of your 2-million-rupee customers. They've put a lot of faith in an unknown product, backed by a company with a damaged reputation.

Well said GTO. Apt photo as well. You can take a Horse to the Water but cannot make it drink. FCA your turn to drink the water and take care of your customers.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th December 2017 at 06:54. Reason: Shortening quoted post for improved readability
Arjun Reddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 12:20   #340
Senior - BHPian

Jeep it is, and by an overwhelming margin of 1047 votes. Congratulations to the Winner! And Tata right behind with two great cars Nexon and Hexa, together pulling 801 votes! Congratulations to team Tata Motors too. Great going guys.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 12:25   #341
BHPian

Quote:

Nice to see that the JEEP Compass is the Team-BHP Car of the Year 2017.

FCA & Jeep please take care of the niggles, service problems & treat the customers well. Learn from your past mistakes, likes of UNO, Palio, Linea all got off to a good start but due to some niggles, poor service they could not get the success they deserved.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 12:33   #342
BHPian

A well-deserved win for the Compass and FCA, indeed! This makes me wishfully think that if people can put so much faith in a new product, which is incidentally from a manufacturer with a patchy customer-handling record, then Škoda has a huge opportunity to rise, considering all its brilliant products (launched recently) that tick almost all the right boxes! I happen to know a lot of souls who were smitten by Škoda products, but went the other way, owing to the horrendous A.S.S. stories.
RoverX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 12:48   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Compass! A well deserved trophy indeed.

I would like to add that Tata has won around 850 votes for three products combined. Shows how much dedicated they are to the market and more importantly to their products. Yes, my vote went for the Hexa - although I am a fan of Fiat products and own one myself, I have always felt that the Hexa is a more impressive product from many angles, especially in the automatic avtar.
devansn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 14:41   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
I would like to add that Tata has won around 850 votes for three products combined. Shows how much dedicated they are to the market and more importantly to their products. Yes, my vote went for the Hexa - although I am a fan of Fiat products and own one myself, I have always felt that the Hexa is a more impressive product from many angles, especially in the automatic avtar.
This just goes to show how the dynamics of the market are changing, and for the better. A decade ago, the mass market would ignore both these brands for fear of service, reliability, poor quality, and what not; and yet today their products have won heartbeats and by quite a margin!

Goes to show that we're still quite a forgiving market - given this is Fiat's 4th successful opening in the market (Uno, Palio, Linea, and now Compass) - let's hope they've learnt and are able to maintain the consistency in sales and back it up with good service.

Undoubtedly, Manufacturer of the year seems to be Tata.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 14:53   #345
Senior - BHPian

Voted just a day before poll closed, and my vote went for the Nexon. It was a close one between Compass & Nexon for me. Finally went for Nexon as it has been developed in house as opposed to Compass which is an international model which was just launched here. Also tilting the balance in favour of Nexon was what it meant for Tata in its turnaround roadmap. It is a fantastic vehicle from Tata which was languishing at the bottom of the charts with outdated products till a few years ago.

Congratulations to Compass though for grabbing the award. It is indeed a very good product with tonnes of character. I find it hard to take my eyes off one whenever I see it on the road!
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks