Volvo V90 Cross Country 19 0.80%
Volvo XC60 21 0.88%
Voters: 2387. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2017, 11:21   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass

Voted for Compass. It shows that if a company wants, they can bring out a cracker of a product. After the slow sales of the Fiats, the Jeeps come as a fresh breath of air for the company, dealers and the customers. It's also nice to see that a made in India product is shipped across the globe to other markets. Just wish for Trailhawk model to come out soon.

However, FCA needs a lot of work to do to keep up the momentum.
blackwasp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 11:22   #182
BHPian

Jeep Compass. While I was divided between the Hexa and the Compass just because the Compass doesn't offer an automatic in the 4x4, I realized even the Hexa doesn't.
I felt the Compass to be more appealing because of of-course the legendary brand and a superior handling while still being a capable SUV.

But I wish the poll had the Octavia RS included. It's not a mere facelift and a car with an entirely new Engine and a new Engine#Gearbox combo.
Old 9th December 2017, 11:31   #183
BHPian

I voted for the Hexa!

For me, it was a close call between the Compass and the Hexa. Yes the Compass is a great product all round, but Jeep has been making good cars (Jeeps?) for some time now.

The fact that FIAT was not doing well in India and other European countries was more an issues of mismanagement. The Jeep brand and it's products never lost their sheen and in India, it was always going to be an aspirational brand.

TATA was in a really bad state having lost the trust of their customers. The problems and issues faced by owners of the Safaris and Nanos with their vehicles and the poor after sales service also compounded the problem.

It was always a long uphill task for brand TATA as far as upscale cars and SUVs are concerned.

Looks like they are earnestly working hard in all departments. Their service seems to have improved by miles recently and the HEXA is a fantastic product.

I work in the Automobiles sector and when I tell my friends that I'll be replacing my recently sold 2010 Innova with the Hexa, invariably everyone is surprised. Why would I buy a Tata over a Toyota?

I've done a ton of research and I'm seriously impressed with all of Tata's newer vehicles, esp. the Hexa. And I'm proud of our Indian brand working so hard positively to be competitive with the International Brands!

Hoping for the best, just the echo of a lot of my Safari owning friends' "never a Tata again..." is a bit disconcerting and i have to look up the Hexa review once again to allay my doubts.
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 11:50   #184
R17
BHPian

Voted for the Compass. For showing that a genuinely world-class product can be made right here in India and that a world-class vehicle can still be bought at an honest price.

Now its upto Jeep-FCA to not drop the ball on A.S.S. and to make this an enduring success story!
Old 9th December 2017, 12:02   #185
BHPian

Voted for the Tata Nexon even though the Compass is trending for iCOTY.

Reason: The B2/C2 segment are the most relevant segments for Indian car buyers right now and hats off to TaMo for creating such a wonderful all-rounded product in this segment. I have driven the car during the recent event in Bangalore and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I really appreciate TaMo for organizing these events to showcase their product's capabilities. It just shows the efforts Tata's Sales and Marketing teams are putting in to turn their reputation around.
nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 12:05   #186
BHPian

I voted for Nexon for the boldness of launching a funky new vehicle in a crowded segment with two completely new engines and the significance it may have for the company. Compass tops in the impact it has had on the Indian auto scene, it offers something new in its own segment. I will back the underdog though.
jhaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 12:10   #187
BHPian

I voted for the Compass because this is a big step for Fiat India. The Jeep has a cracker of an engine and driving dynamics. The family had almost frozen upon the Compass.
The only letdown was that the rear bench was too upright, could not be reclined. It could have had better interior space.
Old 9th December 2017, 12:21   #188
BHPian

Voted for Verna.

For me it was a close call between Verna and Compass. Went with Verna as it offers more value for money at a lower price segment (available to more Indians). Compass is an excellent product but is out of reach for most working Indians.

Other cars considered/not considered:
1. Dzire: Except for cosmetic changes it is still the same old car with reduced weight.
2. WR-V: Has a couple of segment first features but does not pull the heart with an under powered petrol engine.
3. Nexon: Bolt/India with more ground clearance with untested engines.
Old 9th December 2017, 12:41   #189
BHPian

My vote to the new BMW for the killer looks, and the luxury combined with driving pleasure. All vehicles that compete here have their own pros and cons. But the BMW tops it for its bold looks. It's a BMW, it has to be like that.

Mod Note: Please avoid SMS way of typing.

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2017 at 17:43. Reason: Typos
RJ555 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th December 2017, 12:43   #190
BHPian

Well, Jeep compass surely is on it’s track to become car of the year. But after this accolade, hope they get awards for “after-sales of the year” as well. Still a lot of work to do in that area. Recent news of beating up of customers don’t inspire confidence.

Also, good to see Tata coming near the top list yet again, that too this time with 2 vehicles. Love their perseverance. If not for Compass, I’d have surely voted for the Nexon. My dream Tata car is still a dream though. A Safari shaped Hexa. Build it Tata, and no other car will come close to winning the ‘Car of the year’ next year!

Last edited by The Brutailer : 9th December 2017 at 12:52.
The Brutailer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 13:07   #191
BHPian

Tata Hexa it is for me. Solid build quality with sophisticated looks.
Old 9th December 2017, 14:13   #192
ike
BHPian

I voted for the Hexa. The recent launches from Tata have been promising and I hope Tata continues the good work. If the Hexa is trouble free (which it should be as the Chasis and that engine is something that has been around for ages and tata knows them inside out), it would mean Tata motors have come of age as far as passenger cars are concerned.
Old 9th December 2017, 14:40   #193
BHPian

Voted for JEEP Compass due to following reasons,

i.) Good vehicle on all aspects (As per official review)
ii.) No compromise on build quality and over all feel of the car.
ii.) Still VFM pricing.

Interesting part is first two cars which have got around 61.45% votes together as of now, are being manufactured in same facility at Ranjangaon, Maharashtra.
Old 9th December 2017, 14:45   #194
BHPian

If I have to stick amongst the given list, I vote for the JEEP COMPASS.

Otherwise, for me, the best and most exciting car that I set my eyes on this year is the Octavia vRS. From all angles and perspectives, hands down. Maybe some technical reason(which I can't think of right now) has made it be absent in the list, but for me, that car is the one.

I choose the Jeep because it's awesome for what it offers though being a bit incomplete in some areas where one would wish for more, but it's better than what others have on offer as a machine. I love the looks, driving dynamics have people raving about it all over, stance is great, all round goodness.
Old 9th December 2017, 14:51   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Was wondering whether or not to write this post and contribute to this poll - after all, I have not test driven or even travelled in any of the cars involved (bar the normal wheel base E Class - not the LWB one sold in India). But ignorance has never stopped me from voicing opinions - so i give my vote to the Jeep Compass - which on paper seems fantastic (so much so that a friend bought the Petrol AT without test driving it or even sitting in the diesel version). Hope to travel in one soon.

Saw the Kodiaq yesterday - it’s looks fantastic, with the only negative being that they gave it the 140 bhp 2 TDI instead of the 170 BHP version.

The E Class LWB is of course doing fantastically - if I were in the market for a car in that segment, I would probably have picked it (though I would need to check the boot space post spare tire).

The XC60 also seems like an attractive car.

In mass segments, the Nexon looks really good - far better than any recent Tata car, and almost as transformational for its segment as the Safari was when it launched over 20 years back.

All in all, a good Class year. Hope to read more posts from those who have been in a number of these cars.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks