Volvo V90 Cross Country 19 0.80%
Volvo XC60 21 0.88%
Voters: 2387. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2017, 18:21   #91
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass

Was really confused on this poll but for me the most deserving vehicles were the Nexon and the Compass.

Nexon has carved its own place and with the numbers improving on a monthly basis, I am sure Tata have a winner here. I myself might be a potential buyer for the AMT which comes out early next year. Good design, Impressive Diesel engine with good economy, good build quality (unlike Maruti) and space is massive as well.

Compass was the true market disruptor for me. I have been contemplating a car in the range of 8-12 lakhs (ex showroom) for a while now and still waiting for my next upgrade. The pricing for the Compass made me stand up and I felt the desire to shell out a lot more for a impressive looking SUV with a brilliant and powerful engine. This car has truly broken many wallet banks and I salute Jeep for its pricing for making it achievable for aspirants like me to own a proper SUV. It has service issues, rear seat cant accomodate 3 adults, AT is very expensive, etc - All these dont matter when I am able to own a Jeep branded "SUV" for under 20 lakhs on road. Mind you, this is a diesel engine churning out 170+ BHP. what more can an enthusiast ask for.

For a brief moment I was confused about the 2. Nexon is our very own Tata car and doing wonders to that segment. But a true COTY has to be one who shakes up everyone. Compass has shaken up the market right from Verna - all the way upto a Tiguan. Now, that definitely deserves to be the COTY according to me.
mail.jaiswal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 18:22   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for the D'zire! Did not like the previous generations of this car at all and sub-4m segment is also not my cup of tea. But given the new D'zire, it is difficult to ignore. Finally a design that looks proportional for a 'compact sedan' and good within the 4m deadline.

Comes with great equipment levels for the segment including safety kit, decent engines, well priced AMT models and not to mention the Maruti safety net. There is a reason that it breaking all sales records and the masses are really loving it, this time for good reasons. This is my choice for the COTY 2017.

The Verna was a close second for me but voted for D'zire as it breaks the unspoken myth that sub-4m cars cannot be good looking.

Thanks!

Last edited by saket77 : 8th December 2017 at 18:23.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 18:25   #93
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Nexon. Its one car that truly shows that the manufacturer is working hard and upping their game. Its a good sign of things to come and Tata deserves credit. Good to see two of their cars fighting it out for the top spot along with the Compass.
Old 8th December 2017, 18:34   #94
BHPian

Voted for Nexon. It is a car designed and built for India by a local manufacturer that represents a distinct offering for me, more than the Jeep Compass.

With about 650+ votes, the top three 'cars' are all 'SUVs'. No surprise there.
Old 8th December 2017, 18:34   #95
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Nexon, the product is impressive. It is a genuine effort from a manufacturer and has a lot going for it in its segment. Tata's 1.5 Diesel debuts in this model and the specs look impressive.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 18:42   #96
Senior - BHPian

For me it is a tough choice between Ignis, Compass and Nexon. Ignis is a refreshing design. Compass looks very good. Nexon, though carrying Tata family look, has enough distinguishing features. After a gaggle of cars with the ubiquitous 1.3 MJD, the Nexon in-house diesel has good figures on paper.

So, Nexon it is.
Old 8th December 2017, 18:47   #97
BHPian

Voted for the Nexon. Inspite of being a Tata, it is generating good interest.
Really liked the product during the test drive.
Made my new gen XUV W8 feel outdated.
Did not like the Compass so much due to pathetic rear seat and pricing of 20+lacs for a 4 seater.
Old 8th December 2017, 18:50   #98
BANNED

For me, it was a tough choice between Hexa and Compass, but the vote goes to Compass. Last year I voted Tiago, because I felt like Tata actually did launch something that was worth - so did Jeep this time.

Hexa offers a better ride quality and costs a lot lesser, everywhere else it is the Compass. even if you pay 2-3-4 lac higher than Hexa, just get inside and that is all well justified, space is higher in Hexa, no doubt, but compass isn't supposed to be a spacious seven seater. It is a typical 2 row SUV with proper SUV traits (No Creta here please and no mutated hatchbacks), a premium feel in everything you get to see, touch or feel inside the cabin and one stonker of an engine.

So, my vote for the vehicle which has virtually rewritten the rules and had me go 'WOW' for a second when I for the first time entered it.

BTW, in this election Tata motors has suffered with 'family rivalry', votes have been distributed!!

Last edited by VKumar : 8th December 2017 at 18:52.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 19:05   #99
BHPian

Voted for Verna. It was tough for me between Nexon, Compass and Verna. But I am more of a sedan person and Verna today has practically everything you can ask for with great performance, safety, tech, AT and what not at reasonable price.

Compass was close second though but didn't opt for it as car of the year as we are yet to see how reliable this product is.

Last edited by Muski : 8th December 2017 at 19:07.
Old 8th December 2017, 19:06   #100
BHPian

I voted for Hexa, its tough decision between Hexa, Nexon and Compass. Since I own a Hexa and happy with the car it became easy choice for me. Also I feel Hexa is more value for money over Compass due to commendable ride quality, space and a great automatic gear box.
Old 8th December 2017, 19:10   #101
BHPian

I was torn between Nexon and Dzire, but ultimately voted for the Nexon, because of its styling and what it could do for the future of Tata Motors.
Old 8th December 2017, 19:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

This has to be one of the easiest car of the year polls ever on team-bhp. I was just searching for the Jeep compass among the irrelevant list to caste my vote!
Old 8th December 2017, 19:16   #103
BHPian

Compass is running away in the poll, while both the TATA products, Nexon and Hexa are neck-to-neck for the second spot.

Voted for Hexa, the primary reason for that is if I had that kind of money and if I was in the market for a new car, I will not hesitate before putting my money on the same.

Looks - Check
Engine and performance - Check
Quality - Check
Brand - Has ben successful in getting it's old mojo back

With Tata expected to launch 2 new SUV's next year, I can already see them in the list for next years and who know we will be voting for another TATA car next year.
Amit_breakfree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 19:22   #104
BHPian

As someone has already said, "Company of the Year" goes to Tata Motors!

Voted for Hexa as CarOfTheYear, the improvement is very significant.
1. Solid build
2. Stability
3. Electronics package
4. Safety tech
5. Comfort
6. Space
7. Steering & brakes
8. That totally awesome ICE (I know it shouldn't matter so much, but having tried it out, I can't think of anything better in that price range. It outclasses everything, including the 29L Octavia L&K, and by a good margin).

This car would be better than the Innova, if not for the Big T's bullet-proof reliability (which is now not so bullet-proof, going by some reports). And the Hexa is yet untested to that extent.

A close second was the Nexon. Excellent VFM, especially loved the diesel and the 6 speed manual.

The Compass came third, but only because I felt short-changed when I saw it in the skin. Didn't expect it to be quite so small. I know it isn't the car's fault, and yet, I ended up comparing it with the Hexa (maybe due to price). I then felt it had less space, and didn't ride as comfortably, although the drive is great fun - however, considering that the car is to be enjoyed by all who travel in it, had to drop it to third. For FCA though, it has proven a miraculous saviour!
Old 8th December 2017, 19:33   #105
BHPian

Voted for Compass.
This is the car I will prefer to buy, if at all, I have to buy a car in near future.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks