Volvo V90 Cross Country 19 0.80%
Volvo XC60 21 0.88%
Voters: 2387. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2017, 17:00   #61
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass

Voted for the HEXA for its feature loaded complete package with unbelievable plush ride quality suited for Indian roads.

Compass (Bit costly) , Verna (Cramped Rear Cabin) and Nexon (no Automatic yet) are close second for me as they shine in specific areas.

Hexa is a good made in India , made for India product with no visible compromises at a great price-point.

I am a sucker for road presence and Hexa sure matches my more expensive endy in the same
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass-hexa_ford2.jpg  

Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass-hexa-mod.jpg  

Moto$apien is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 17:00   #62
BHPian

Voted for the 5 series. The 5 series (the powerful 6-cyl and the stunning M5) is the yardstick in fossil fuel powered non-supercars. It's fast, economical(relatively), comfortable and genuinely nice to drive (although the current and previous version aren't as pure as the e60). Though not very affordable, I wish it sells more so that I could get a nice pre-owned example.
Old 8th December 2017, 17:04   #63
BHPian

I didn't even think about the nitty-gritties of each contender and voted for Jeep Compass and later saw the results - More than 40% votes for Compass. Wow I am in unison with majority of the BHPians here.

Compass is simply an awesome product for an Indian market from iconic brand. Though it has its share of negatives (backspace to name one), it simply wins you over by its style, build, drive and the name itself – the Jeep!

Vote - Jeep Compass

Also great to see two Tata's garnering close to 40% votes among themselves - Nexon and Hexa!!

Last edited by yogesh.8984 : 8th December 2017 at 17:07.
Old 8th December 2017, 17:06   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for Tata Hexa, great all round package at a good price. 2017 has generally been good from Tata.

PS: Mods can't we have bike of the year award too.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 17:08   #65
BHPian

I was really hoping to see a TATA 1 & 2 this year but it looks like the Jeep Compass will ruin their party.
No doubt that Jeep Compass is a very good product, but as per me the first two places belong to:
1. TATA Hexa
2. TATA Nexon

Maybe the votes also got divided amongst them and hence Compass took the lead.
wrongturn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 17:09   #66
BHPian

Voted for the Nexon. I feel it deserves the title. Tata has come a long way and this car is a testament to that.
ROG_AK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 17:11   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for the Jeep compass!

Brilliant engine
Solid build quality
Superb looks
5* safety rating
Perfect size
Totally worth the asking price!

If not for the Jeep compass, my next votes would have gone to Hexa or Verna.
Old 8th December 2017, 17:11   #68
BHPian

Voted for Jeep Compass.

Nothing much to say it is far better than competition. Iconic brand value with good street presence.
Old 8th December 2017, 17:12   #69
BHPian

Voted for the Compass. FCA has managed to make it a compelling all round package in the 'somewhat affordable' price range without making any deal braking omissions. If money was no object though, I would buy the V90 cross country in a heatbeat! But it seems to have disappeared without a trace, I am yet to spot one in Delhi (and this is after having sighted the rarer than rare lexus RX450h and the 300h)
Old 8th December 2017, 17:15   #70
BHPian

Interesting to see a lot of people voting for the two TATA cars. I almost clicked on the Hexa as well. Kudos to team TATA Motors for listening to their customers and coming a long way in improving the overall quality of their cars.

I voted for the Compass, they are just head and shoulders above the rest in terms of fit and finish, appeal and road presence. From the reviews I have seen and read so far (and bits in pieces in flesh), it is such a compelling product
Old 8th December 2017, 17:16   #71
BHPian

Voted for Tata Hexa - though based on the Aria platform, I believe that it has the best combination of looks, dynamics, comfort, safety and value for money for an SUV buyer at the lower side of Rs 25 lakhs
Old 8th December 2017, 17:18   #72
BHPian

Voted for the Nexon. It is a mature, coming-of-age design for the Indian auto industry.

For me - and I believe,for Tata as well - it's the very epitome of "The prodigal son returns", if ever there was one. The Nexon has banished the ghosts of the burning Nanos and the rattling Indicas forever.
nishsingh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 17:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

Voted for V90 cross country ! Saw the car in flesh and instantly fell in love with the design and practicality, most luxury sedans scrap their belly everywhere, and one could never imagine taking them on a new route on a long journey, this explains why people prefer SUVs over luxury sedans.

Simply the perfect blend between luxury and practicality.
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 17:21   #74
BHPian

Another spectacular year for us enthusiasts in terms of the sheer number of new releases we saw. And my top 3, as is the case with most fellow petrolheads, were the two Tatas and the Jeep.

Hexa, aimed squarely at the XUV500 and Innova Crysta buyers just swung in-market buyers towards itself with the attractive pricing and the amazing variants (especially the goodies that came with each). The only downside was the heavy steering and (I'm sure this will raise a few eyebrows) the 19 inch wheels with inadequate sidewalls.

Nexon took the bull by the horns in the C-SUV (sub 4m) segment. There was the Brezza that was scorching sales chart, Ecosport that was due for a facelift yet holding fort and a surprisingly good WR-V from the Honda stables (a car which missed out my final shortlist narrowly). A lot was said about the looks, its stance, the lack of six airbags, improper fit and finish and a bunch of issues. But boy, that diesel engine is a riot. For once, we have a car in the 10 lakh bracket that gives us adjustable power delivery and comes with all bells and whistles that'd be expected of a car in the segment. Tata literally has outdone itself with the Nexon and the next few months should be crucial considering they're coming out with an AMT version.

Which is why, the Compass stands out as my car of the year. All said and done, I had nothing against either this car or the Nexon. Both were disruptors in their own segments. The Compass re-established the Jeep brand and gave the FCA a much needed boost. But the Nexon missed a slight trick by not providing an autobox at launch. And even when they did, they chose to go with an AMT, in a car which deserves a much better transmission. Compass, meanwhile, hit the nail right in the head by offering automatic petrol. What it did was corner the Tier-1 city crowd that was looking at an easier alternative (four out of the last five Compasses in family and friends circle are Limited(O) ATs). And the one Longitude that I managed to get my hands on is a rocket. The vehicle is an experience in itself and is sure to garner more numbers in the upcoming months.

Interesting times ahead in '18, with the rumored launch of Renegade, Swift Sport and hopefully the first visuals of Kias for India. It's surely going to be a Happy New Year indeed.

I love the benevolence of the mods to include the dubious C(K)aptur in the list. The car definitely would take the Razzie equivalent of Team BHP awards. Nothing in that car evokes a sense of exclusivity and to top it off the marketing campaign harakiri turned off potential buyers. Interesting to see how it's numbers fare in the sales chart.
Old 8th December 2017, 17:24   #75
BHPian

Voted for Jeep Compass. Being a Fiat owner nothing makes me more happier that one product from FCA - the laggard in Indian market has bought them out of the ICU.

Its has recovered and have started taking baby steps again. Current sales numbers are just ahead of Skoda (another company which makes car that brings a wide smile on the face every time you take the wheel) but with Renegade in pipeline and plans of localizing Cherokee and Wrangler I see good days ahead for FCA. But I would still want Fiat to make a comeback with cars for mass market. may be rebadge Jeeps as Fiat. Fiat's death in India would leave us enthusiasts with one less choice.

Punto and Linea had a lasting impression on me since they were launched. Back then I wasn't even aware of what a good driver's car meant until I drove a Fiat 500 in USA. Choice of car when I was back in India was pretty easy. Only Punto, Linea and Fiesta were considered. Fiat 90 HP was the chosen one. I still repent not picking up the Linea TJET though.

Abarth was launched and I took it for spin. Heart sank more realizing what I missed.

Compass was another car which I had my heart set on and was hoping it turns out to be good driver's car. I have been to Jeep dealership to check out the car but didn't take it out for a spin. Don't want to get sad again.

For me as a driver nothing else matters other than good driving dynamics and a solidly built car. We can still trust FCA to deliver a car with these qualities. Waiting for the Renegade launch. If it's similar to Compass that's got to be my next car.

Last edited by nibedk : 8th December 2017 at 17:26.
nibedk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks