Voters: 2387. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2017, 20:23   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There are two contrasting thoughts that run through this theme.

1. Product(s) that are on the path to undo a brand perception and set it right. I refer to Tata. They released amazing products from their stable and each one better than the previous.

2. Product(s) which define the state of a brand to begin with and build an initial impression. Compass is what I refer to here.

Just for the product alone which makes your heart skip a beat its the Compass for me. Had it been the company of the year, that would be Tata.
+100.

This year the competition is very tough and it is extremely difficult to pick a clear winner.

Hexa and Nexon are very good products from Tata and it is heartening to see three new good cars from a manufacturer in a single year and among the offerings from Tata, my vote is 50:50 to Nexon and Hexa.

But, if I have to listen to my heart, there is only one launch which pulls the strings of my heart like no other - the Jeep Compass and my TBHP COTY vote goes to the Jeep Compass - but if someone asks me which car I will vote with my wallet, it will be the Hexa AT.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 20:30   #122
BHPian

My vote for Jeep Compass - might soon be my cheque too.

Nexon is a close competitor and a great VFM package overall. Overall 2017 was year of Tata's resurrection and they continue the moementm into 2018 and beyond.
Old 8th December 2017, 20:31   #123
BHPian

Compass should win the COTY undoubtedly. Knowing fully well that it’s leading, I cast my vote to the Tata Nexon.
Tata, I believe, has been brave with their recent launches. Their design language although not universally appealing, is bold and deserves appreciation. In terms of quality, Tata has gone leaps and bounds ahead of the Indica days while IMHO manufacturers like Maruti have gone downhill or at least showed zilch improvement.

As a product, Nexon might not be the best. But just like the Hexa, it is a brilliant effort from our Indian maker. Nexon engines, at least on paper are quite good for the segment. I am no fan of Nexon, but I have a soft corner for Tata and hence my vote for COTY goes to Tata Nexon.
Old 8th December 2017, 20:33   #124
BHPian

For me it was a toss up between Compass and Hexa. Finally voted for Hexa, the good looks of the Compass not withstanding.

The Hexa pulls the right strings as far as I am concerned. The comfortable seats, excellent ride quality, good interiors and decent driveability (Automatic). Also Hexa hasn't had any major niggles to discourage the buyer. The Innova has a worthy rival after a long time and that alone for me is a big positive.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 20:36   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at in another way, Tata is having a good day here !

Toss up for me was Hexa vs Nexon. Both good in their categories, but voted for Nexon for the sheer value that is there packaged in that 4-m frame. Small in size, but big on many things, often beating more expensive competing models in the market.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 20:41   #126
BHPian

Voted for the Compass

Ignis - Had a big air when launched, see it fading now.

Tigor - Fantastic looking car. However the stance could have been lower.

Dzire - I would love to buy one right away.

Nexon - Wonderful car, a strong contender.

WR-V - Din't quite like the puppy face. Buffed up Jazz.

Verna - Prefer the design (facia) of the older model.

Captur - Haven't seen it in person, pictures not very impressive either.

Hexa - Fits the bill.

Compass - Wins the heart. Period.

MU-X - Hmm.. havent thought about it. Could very well be the dark horse.

Tiguan / Passat/ Kodiaq - Design: Awesome, would I prefer/refer - Not in India.

Prius - Boring

5 Series - Is this new?

Better not comment on rest of the cars, as I've not seen them in person neither do I have any strong information on them.

Last edited by iamahunter : 8th December 2017 at 21:09. Reason: Spell Check.
Old 8th December 2017, 20:45   #127
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the Jeep, but pleasantly surprised when I saw the "Twin Tata wave". I thought the Hyundai Verna could be the distant runner-up.

Attaboy, FiatChrysler India and Tata motors, ride the wave, Survivors!

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 8th December 2017 at 20:47.
Old 8th December 2017, 20:47   #128

Tata Nexon all the way. Tata deserves appreciation for the effort in designing a beautiful compact SUV-ish looking car. Although it is a 4 seater at best but atleast consumer will not be confused regarding extending the budget to opt for upper segment cars as prices at absolutely in different leagues and for a family of four will have an enjoyable ride in city and highway. Only concern is the hit or miss parts and ASS reliability but given the efforts of Tata in really updating the lineup one can definitely hope for the best. It's actually refreshing for a consumer point of view to receive the money worth spending and also receiving the bells and whistles accordingly.
Old 8th December 2017, 20:49   #129
BHPian

Everyday on the way to office, a black compass will cross my way, I could not take my sight away. It is as lethal as a Black mamba.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 8th December 2017 at 20:56.
Old 8th December 2017, 20:50   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looking at in another way, Tata is having a good day here !
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
I voted for the Jeep, but pleasantly surprised when I saw the "Twin Tata wave".
Guys, TATA Motors is no stranger to winning the awards at Team-Bhp. Infact - it's just the opposite.

TATA Motors has won the Team Bhp Car of the year awards more than any other manufacturer. Back in 2009 with the Nano, again in 2014 with the Zest and latest in 2016 with the Tiago.

It's out in the real world that the brand lacks acceptance, not in team bhp.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 20:51   #131
BHPian

Just for the oomph and for once, the looks pulling my heart strings - Compass all the way. Red Compass with black roof looks smashing. Let the 9 speed auto with 2.0 L engine roll in next year. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

But, if I have to listen to my heart, there is only one launch which pulls the strings of my heart like no other - the Jeep Compass and my TBHP COTY vote goes to the Jeep Compass - but if someone asks me which car I will vote with my wallet, it will be the Hexa AT.

--Anoop
Ditto the same reasoning!!!

Last edited by headbanger : 8th December 2017 at 20:54.
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 20:58   #132
Senior - BHPian

I've bucked the norm a bit and gone for the Hexa.

What Tata has done with the Hexa is astounding. Perhaps more than any other car, it represents a quantum leap forward for them and while the sales chart might be a bit tepid, make no mistake that this is a car that will set the tone for Tata in the years to come. It's a sign that they can make quality cars, they can price it right and they can win a place in hearts. It's honest, it's chunky, it's as humble as a 15 lakh car can be and it still stays true to Tata's blue collar roots while draping a stylish suit over it.

Yes, there are better cars than it, but this one has serious character. And that's why I like it so much, since it's a hard trait to find in cars.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 21:11   #133
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Compass. Looks smashing, is the right size for a nuclear family, with the right mix of premium-ness (in terms of interiors, engine, ride and handling) and is priced well. It has helped a manufacturer (Jeep) with no presence in India (or a bad history, if we consider the parent FCA) start with a bang.

Let me put it this way - if I was still based in India, my Punto would've been more than 7 years old and I would now be saving for my upgrade - Jeep Compass Diesel Auto due next year.
Old 8th December 2017, 21:13   #134
BHPian

Voted for the Jeep compass. Wanted to vote for the Nexon which is a great product but it doesn't break any new ground and Ecosport facelift has stolen it's thunder to a great extent.

The Jeep Compass has found a new middle ground between the cross overs/ soft roaders and bulky body on frame SUVs.

It feels athletic, plush and compact like a cross over without compromising on the hefty build and off-road prowess of a true SUV. The model range is comprehensive and with the upcoming diesel automatic, the line up would be complete. The pricing has also hit the sweet spot between Creta and Fortuner (leaning more towards Creta).
Old 8th December 2017, 21:21   #135
BHPian

Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017

I didn't find the Octavia RS. Hasn't it launched yet?

Last edited by shourya_lahiri : 8th December 2017 at 21:22.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks