Volvo V90 Cross Country 19 0.80%
Volvo XC60 21 0.88%
Voters: 2387. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2017, 08:33   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass

It was an easy guess - Jeep Compass would take the first place, as any Fiat brand on the list had taken it always

Interesting to see a tight competition going on between Hexa and Nexon. My vote goes to Compass!
Old 9th December 2017, 08:34   #167
BHPian

My vote goes to Nexon. Tata were already there in Tiago (Indica series) and Hexa (via Aria) categories and are improving on their models. However, full kudos to Tata team for boldly entering a fiercely competitive category (Ecosport, Brezza) and tasting success through Nexon.
Old 9th December 2017, 09:02   #168
BHPian

Voted for Verna.. and half the reason is Hyundai & their attitude towards India. When many other global players see this country indifferently and offer products with stripdown package & outdated designs, Hyundai has consistently offered first-in-class & best-in-class designs and features and kept the game hot.
About Verna.. My eyes almost popped when I heard ventilated seats in this class of sedans.
vigneshnr is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 09:20   #169
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I'd have voted for Dzire if it came with ventilated seats. But seriously, aren't we missing the big picture here. Taken more things into consideration I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
My eyes almost popped when I heard ventilated seats in this class of sedans.
Old 9th December 2017, 09:50   #170
BHPian

It is amazing to see BHPians style of voting, they're looking for attitude to make quality product. VW, Toyota and Ford also bring in quality but they didn't have any new products this year. May be next year, the contention will be tough.
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 09:56   #171
BHPian

My vote goes to compass as it's the model that has revived FCA and has really upped their game. With competent 2.0L diesel engine coupled with 4*4 makes it most value for money proportion out there and Jeep's premium brand image made by Grand Cherokee and wrangler has really helped them making compass fly out of their showrooms.
Old 9th December 2017, 09:58   #172

Voted for HEXA. Read various reviews about Compass and the Hexa. Decided to have a look at the HEXA . The first impression did the most of it and the rest was done by the TD. Booked it immediately. The second row space is very important to me and this is where I feel Compass cannot match the Hexa. In fact I was highly impressed by the Nexon as well, its just the exteriors where I feel its a bit overdone but hats off to Tata for coming out with these two brilliant products.
Old 9th December 2017, 10:01   #173
BHPian

Voted for the compass!Primary reason for my vote going to FCA is because they priced a quality product at a reasonable level unlike some other competitors. The vehicle itself is very good, albeit the rear space being a joke! I would have voted for the Nexon if not for the highly polarizing rear-end styling in what is a very competent product!So Compass it is this year!
Old 9th December 2017, 10:06   #174
BHPian

Voted for the Tata Nexon although the majority seem to vote for the compass. For me, the styling, pricing, and features coming from a brand like Tata was great. You will not believe me but i even today hate the rear design of the Nexon but in awe of the car, the ride quality, and price point. I sincerely wish Tata launches products in the C2 segment sedan and a premium hatchback and come to compete with Hyundai in terms of Volume.
Old 9th December 2017, 10:25   #175
BHPian

Interesting to see an non Indian OEM model topping the list (so far) even though some good models have been launched by our local oems (I had voted for the Nexon myself).

OT: One more fact that the COTY from team bhp have been quite the block busters; except Nano, Zest unlucky for tatas, but picking from tiago.
Old 9th December 2017, 10:41   #176
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Jeep compass. I think they are really onto something here. The car looks fabulous with great engine options and other features. My car of the year however is the Skoda Octavia RS. I guess it doesn't qualify as new car for 2017.
Old 9th December 2017, 10:43   #177
BHPian

Had a tough time selecting one from the Hexa, Compass and Nexon. Nothing else excites me in the sub 25 lakh segment. Have test driven these cars and the most exciting was the Compass. And the Nexon is indeed a nice car to drive especially in diesel and moreover, great value for money for what it offers. However, my vote goes to Hexa for a couple of reasons (strictly my opinion):

- Felt the build quality and sturdiness to be great - nothing short of the Compass and can easily compete with Hyundais.
- Excellent ride and car like manners.
- The AT is just fantastic - the Sports mode is fun too.
- The infotainment system, though comes with a small touchscreen, sounds great - probably the best in the segment
- Very sensibly priced - the XTA diesel at about 20 lakhs is definitely VFM
- As a manufacturer, I see that TATA is putting a lot of effort in improving their cars model after model - I think they are putting the greatest effort.

Hexa lacks a few features that I would have expected in a flagship model though. A facelift with added features and 4X4 AT would make it mostly perfect, I believe.
Old 9th December 2017, 10:49   #178
psn
BHPian

I chose Jeep compass, because after having test driven it, I feel that whatever the price we pay for it, it is worth it.
The reasons being:
Jeep has stayed away from gimmiky features like electric seats, sun roof etc and are charging us for a back to basics car, which is, driving pleasure. In that context, Jeep has concentrated on giving a good, powerful engine and a superb gear box, Comfortable seats and a decent music system. They have concentrated on quality, which can be seen in the sheet metal, fit and finish of all the bits and finally the suspension. I also want to add the steering into the mix. Just about everything that makes a car a drivers car.
PURITY AT ITS BEST.
Old 9th December 2017, 11:00   #179
BHPian

Voted for Tata Hexa.

It's a step up by the Indian manufacturer and an significant one at that.
It is a sign of things to come from Tata. I think as a product it is more relevant to the Indian market. Maybe like a coming of age of Tata?

The Compass is a worthy contender but the Hexa will have a greater impact because of what will follow from Tata. The sales numbers may not be comparable but the future seems bright for Tata.
Old 9th December 2017, 11:20   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Unfortunately the Car of the year does not figure in the list! The Octavia VRS undoubtedly is my car of the year or probably car of the last 3 years. Its got everything an enthusiast needs. And I am so happy the market has lapped it up. We can now look forward to undiluted VRS versions going forward. Ford and VW - I hope you guys are taking note.

In the absence of the VRS, my vote goes to the Jeep Compass. A game changer in its segment.

Tata should have made the Hexa more SUV like instead of its MPV form. Trying to target the Innova Crysta buyers I guess. I am sure a Land rover like design would have broadened its appeal.

The G30 BMW 5 Series is doing well for itself worlwide, but the weird front end is not to my liking at all. Even the latest M5 looks odd. Cars like the 5 Series always appeal to your heart and the G30 is a step backwards when it comes to looks. Also the rear seat space issue hasn't been addressed fully. The car always drove well and the new version is bit better when it comes to combining comfort with driving pleasure. Its a bit of a tech fest inside, but for me cars should first stand out in their core values and in that sense the G30 is not a big step forward for BMW over the F10.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks