Volvo V90 Cross Country 19 0.80%
Volvo XC60 21 0.88%
Voters: 2387. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2017, 21:22   #136
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2017. EDIT: It's the Jeep Compass

Set out to vote for a sedan. Verna touched all the right cords, then realised how good the Compass compares in most aspects (except A.S.S. & dealer network). The choice was made. The option was clicked. JEEP Compass it is!!

Its an all new & smart car. Power output of 2.0L engine is right at the sweet spot to get the stallion up and about, also very importantly, it is BS6 compliant - which means you won't feel guilty about owning one!

Let's just hope FIAT/Jeep keeps things right with how they treat customers when it comes to maintenance in their service centers. The brand has the potential & we might witness the rise of phoenix (Jeep) from the ashes(of FIAT).

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 8th December 2017 at 21:26.
Old 8th December 2017, 21:29   #137
BHPian

Voted for the compass, because I consider that it shook the segment and upped the cards causing people to sit up and take notice.
My other option would have been nexon simply because it offers the best music system in the sub 4 metres segment.
Old 8th December 2017, 21:58   #138
BHPian

Ecosport facelift not making it to this list? I thought it was a well deserving successor to the hugely successful 2013 TBHP COTY. In absence of that, my vote goes to Compass.
Old 8th December 2017, 21:58   #139
BHPian

Voted for the Ignis as this (delta petrol) was the Car of the Year for my budget. Would have been the Jeep Compass undoubtedly otherwise
Old 8th December 2017, 21:58   #140
BHPian

Jeep Compass

It shook the entire Indian Auto Industry not just with the price but with the quality of the offering.

If there is one name every Indian will know other than Sachin, I think it must be Jeep. Our countrymen often identify Jeeps in toughest of conditions where other motor vehicles cannot be seen. I think that gets into the psychic of people at a very deep level making the legacy to go on and on.

Jeep, rightfully honored that legacy with the Compass - Legendary Build quality, Power, Styling, Top notch Safety and Driving Dynamics.

I'm sure if there is one car that will be hard to come by in the used car market, it will be the Jeep Compass.

The nostalgia of seeing Jeeps going on and on will not let people part ways with the Jeep Compass.
CliffHanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 21:59   #141
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shourya_lahiri View Post
I didn't find the Octavia RS. Hasn't it launched yet?
From the opening post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's only NEW cars that are included in our COTY award. That excludes the "refreshed" headlamp & tail-light versions, facelifts and engine variants.
This is also why the EcoSport & City Facelifts aren't part of our COTY.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 22:09   #142
BHPian

Voted for Maruti Dzire after thinking from a practical angle - basically considering the price, sales volumes, efficiency, reliability, support & sedan-looks parameters, like how an average Indian buyer thinks.

Tata Hexa and Nexon were in my mind, but then, they fail on more than one parameter and hence kept out. BTW did a quick sneak peek at the votes (I did not cheat - voted first before viewing the results :P) & hence wanted to post my opinion. No other models listed really touched me in terms of design, utility & pricing compared to these two. So, my nominations for the 1, 2 & 3 positions is here

Also, I am a bit surprised frankly with the number of votes for Jeep Compass. I fail to comprehend the parameters considered to vote a car for COTY after seeing this.

BTW, if we have MOTY (manufacturer of the year) or CMOTY award, I would be nominating TATA for this. What a remarkable turnaround in the last couple of years (or three?) starting with Zest & followed by the Bolt, Tiago, Hexa & Nexon.
Old 8th December 2017, 22:19   #143
Senior - BHPian

No surprises here. Looks like the Compass will walk away with our Team BHP COTY. The Compass has what the enthusiast wants. FCA if you are reading this( I am sure you are ), Team BHP wants the diesel Auto preferably in the Trail Hawk version in India. Well done FCA you have won our hearts.
Old 8th December 2017, 22:32   #144
Senior - BHPian

The Compass, though a well built desirable product with excellent road manners, falls short, mainly because of my expectations from the Jeep Brand. AWD without Low-range has very limited appeal to me, unless one lives in an area with decent amount of snowfall or slush.

However, from an overall relevance, I must say that the Dzire has finally become desirable!! Its leaps forward from the previous car and also takes the game away, with decent space, much better driving manners. If only they plonked the Boosterjet in it!! So my vote will go to the Dzire!! Well no!

If I were to vote for a car, just because how it appeals to me, it would be the Ignis, despite its pricing. It gives an option of having a slightly better built, well specced, decently fun to drive car (petrol - MT) on a small footprint (which makes it very nifty in older crowding cities). I actually fell in love with it! Love the way it looks too (especially from the rear!! - something must be seriously wrong with me)
Old 8th December 2017, 22:38   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for the Compass because, for me, it is:

- an SUV,
- scores high on the desirability factor,
- compact-esque footprint,
- fantastic diesel,
- perfectly priced,
- fresh and novel looks,
- 7-slat grille & "Jeep" mono in front & back,
- a game-changer for the segment and it's parent company when it was launched, and
- most importantly, ladies in the family love it!

Patiently waiting for the Trailhawk next year, as a possible replacement to my Creta.

The two Tatas in the list have scored 338 votes so far, and that's very, very laudable compared to the 428 in the Compass's pocket till now.

Maybe if Tata had deferred the Nexon to a 2018 launch, I am pretty sure the Hexa alone would have given the Compass a real run for it's money.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th December 2017 at 22:41. Reason: added a point.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 22:47   #146
BHPian

If we look at mid range and mass market car then Jeep Compass is the only car which stands out from the crowd. I recently bought new ford ecosport but it is not there in the list. If ecosport would have been there my vote was not going to change.
manish_symc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 22:53   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quite simply the best offering across the segment with abundant choices in petrol & diesel guise .
drift2race is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 23:03   #148
BHPian

I voted for Hexa. Simply because of the phenomenal ride quality and good price.
Old 8th December 2017, 23:20   #149
BHPian

Voted for the Hexa. A proper Mammoth with a nice interior which I like. My next choice is the V90 cross country. For now its the Mammoth for me. Perhaps in the near future the V90 CC will join in. The common factor among both? The space they both offer which lets me carry my two year old terrorist's toys wherever we go.
Old 8th December 2017, 23:46   #150
BHPian

Voted for the Nexon. I believe TATA truly deserves an award for bringing out a radically styled product like Nexon, with segment leading features and at a jaw dropping price point! I hope next year's Car Of The Year will be won by TATA's Discovery based SUV!
cunnuvila is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks