Team-BHP - Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/193223-hyundai-creta-facelift-starts-testing-india-edit-launched-rs-9-43-lakhs-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cediaowner (Post 4395869)
Hyundai need to sort out the braking issue and add paddle shifters to the automatic variant. That would be ideal and more important than a cruise control IMO.

yes fixing the braking issue is a must. This is a big sore point and somehow making me very skeptical about Creta. I have test driven both top end petrol AT Verna and Creta. Braking is definitely a big concern. I drive daily in bumper to bumper traffic 30 kms total and efficient braking is a must. Also, the stories about the unreliable(badly designed?) ABS wherein the brakes have failed to work which led to people maneuvering their way out to save their skin scares me.

I would indeed prefer to have both paddle shifters and cruise control(City, Yaris AT have those!). Being a spirited driver, I will prefer to shift to manual when needed. I am keen on AT only for the sake of convenience in city driving.

also, they must add some basic missing features like auto-folding mirrors, powered seats for the top end variant at this cost please:

I test drove the top end AT Yaris recently. It's feature packed. Only negatives for me: exterior looks, engine(found city/verna more spirited probably).

My Dealer has confirmed that facelift indeed going to launch this month end. Training is yet to start for them. I took the test drives of both manual and auto. Brakes are really big concern for me. There is no initial bite. This heavy car needs good brake. I really hope Hyundai will address in facelift variant.
Only thing is stopping me to book Creta is brakes. As per Sales guy there is no issue with brakes and I don't know how to drive SUV(sorry crossover) with ABS.:deadhorse

Initial feedback from the training sessions that I happened to hear about. Only passing on what I have heard.

1.4 diesel will be available, whether price will be hiked, SA was not sure. I could not catch clearly the other updates.

Expected launch date 26 may. Demo cars should be available 5th June I think

Quote:

Originally Posted by clementj (Post 4396902)
  • 6 airbags expected in all but base variants

Wow..a good move by Hyundai. They should have set the benchmark with Verna. Now they are learning from Yaris.

Skipping ventilated seats is just petty business. Creta sells at a premium over Verna despite the new Verna based on Elantra's platform and Creta on i20's. Milking the monopoly :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simhi (Post 4396933)
Wow..a good move by Hyundai. They should have set the benchmark with Verna. Now they are learning from Yaris.

Unlikely since Creta has been under the lens since over 6months and Yaris was announced recently.

I heard from the Pune dealer that the specification/feature list would be known by 10th May. Will contact them on 10th May to see what's cooking.

Last I checked in 2016, Creta didn't even have speed sensing auto door lock without adding a third party OBD device. I found that abominable for a 12L-15L+ OTR car at that time. Has that been added now at least in the facelift?

List of features for the facelift Creta.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-fb_img_1525823905797.jpg

SOURCE: Hyundai Creta FB group

Hyundai Creta facelift gets Smart Key Band & power driver’s seat.

Quote:

The Smart Key Band is a wearable similar to the recently launched Tata Nexon AMT’s wearable PEPS Key. It would allow the driver to use the SUV’s key as a wristband and easily unlock the doors. The 2018 Hyundai Creta will feature 6-way power driver’s seat as well. Two more convenience features arriving with the MY2018 update are a ‘Smart Electric Sunroof’ and cruise control.
SOURCE: IAB

Originally both these were posted in the Hyundai Creta FB group. Posting it for all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4397694)

SOURCE: Hyundai Creta FB group

I was looking at safety features, especially 6 airbags, and this list contradicts what has been in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4396902.

I would be surprised if Hyundai still continues to not provide 6 airbags in automatic variants.

Quote:

SOURCE: IAB

Originally both these were posted in the Hyundai Creta FB group. Posting it for all.

Thanks for this. There are quite a few features under the SX variant (for example sunroof etc) in which it is stated as ‘auto’. Would you by any chance know what this means? Does it mean that the spedivi feature would be available in the automatic SX version and not the manual?

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghuveerk (Post 4397699)
There are quite a few features under the SX variant (for example sunroof etc) in which it is stated as ‘auto’. Would you by any chance know what this means? Does it mean that the specified feature would be available in the automatic SX version and not the manual?

You are right, from the looks of it that seems to be the case.

I think they are focusing on SX Auto variant, as it has got Sunroof (I believe sunshade to be manual sliding and glass sliding auto), ISOFIX seats, Autolink (I don't know what that means) and 17 inch alloy wheels as additional features over equivalent SX manual variant.

My guess is, SX Auto to be priced in similar ballpark of SX(O) manual.

Quote:

Surely the petrol automatic is going to touch 16 lacs OTR with all these increased features and is going to be very close to Compass prices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clementj (Post 4396902)
  • Wearable smart key and app connect on top variant SX+

Confirmed.
Sharing the PlayStore link

The Marina blue shade has been available in Russia for some time. Image attached below. The Passion orange seems to be a new India specific launch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHerring (Post 4397799)
Surely the petrol automatic is going to touch 16 lacs OTR with all these increased features and is going to be very close to Compass prices.

Compass AT costs north of 24 Lakhs in Bangalore. I dont think if someone has decided on AT, will go for manual Compass.