Team-BHP - Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/193223-hyundai-creta-facelift-starts-testing-india-edit-launched-rs-9-43-lakhs-9.html)

Initial reports on variants a little contradictory though. One report claims that SX has been done away with and there is only SX+, whereas the other contradicts this.

The quirkiness in the variant list does not seem to have radically changed. I believe this is due to Hyundai trying to offer a bit of everything to everyone. Like the cheaper 1.4 S or S+ variants used to get some features more than the 1.6 SX Diesel.

What I cannot understand is skipping basics like rear defogger and wipers for almost 4 of the starting variants. The first 2 get neither even now and the next 2 get just the defogger. They give out roof rails on the petrol E+ variant but skip on defogger!

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 4399683)
What I cannot understand is skipping basics like rear defogger and wipers for almost 4 of the starting variants. The first 2 get neither even now and the next 2 get just the defogger. They give out roof rails on the petrol E+ variant but skip on defogger!

I feel Hyundai, along with MSIL probably, has been the trendsetter in this department. They have always opted in favour of visually appealing features rather than safety related or general but not so fancy ones. This is a classic example of that. Problem is this is in sync with the majority of the buyer's demand and hence it just sells.

Found some photos on Facebook

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-1.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-3.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-4.jpg

This is how the Indian version of the 2018 Creta will look like:

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-3.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-4.jpg

More shots of the 2018 Creta from a dealer's stockyard, courtesy Motor Octane.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretaspyshotfront.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretaspyshotheadlamp.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretaspyimage2.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretafaceliftspyshoyside.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretaspyshotrear1.jpg

Why do they need to ensure we know it's an Automatic transmission equipped variant? What's worse is its now on the driver side front fender?! I'm sure it's coming off of many new Cretas right after delivery.

What is wrong with having an 'Automatic' badge on the driver side front fender or for that matter anywhere else on the car?

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-1.jpg
Now that the DRLs have moved near the fog lamps, will that act as the park lamps? Or the park lamps have been provided under the indicator as in the pic above? BTW, the DRLs look more 'after market' now but who am I to complain? I'm glad Hyundai has provided DRLs.

Also, the rear is the most boring bit and they have unfortunately left it untouched. I'd have liked a classy pair of tail lamps like the Verna but looks like that's not meant to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4400045)
This is how the Indian version of the 2018 Creta will look like:

The Brazilian Creta got horizontal fog lamps. Why does Hyundai need to launch different designs in different markets? Wouldn't it be logistically simpler to keep the design common? Also, in my opinion, the horizontal design looks better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftdiesel (Post 4400510)
Also, the rear is the most boring bit and they have unfortunately left it untouched. I'd have liked a classy pair of tail lamps like the Verna but looks like that's not meant to be.

Beats me. From i20 to Elantra, the tail lamps have that cascading design which looks brilliant, especially with LED. But Creta is the odd one out with this boring bulb design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 4400497)
What is wrong with having an 'Automatic' badge on the driver side front fender or for that matter anywhere else on the car?

I feel it is an unnecessary badge on any car and to me it looks tacky. There are better ways to differentiate the MT variants from AT variants which manufacturers can think of, if there is a need at all to do so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun687 (Post 4399487)
Sadly, again no SX(O) AT. Verna gets one at least on the petrol. Could have offered at least 6 airbags and ESC on the SX AT, if not for other bells and whistles. ESC is one thing which I would think is super important on taller cars.

What's the logic of offering powered driver's seat and wireless charging, but still no auto headlamps and wipers, cooled seats?

Pricing is impressive. SX(O) AT in Diesel guise could literally have been the 'perfect' urban SUV here. If someone from Hyundai is listening, many people willing to pay 18L on a car would not mind paying another 75-100k for getting ALL the features.

200 % agreed, I was very keen on top end AT assuming that it will be the most loaded variant as I had frozen to buy an AT. Now I am in a dilemma on whether to opt for SX AT or go with SX(O) just for the sake of features that I would have preferred. I dont want to end up driving a manual car again! please: . Looks like Hyundai wanted to maintain the same price point for AT and top end Manual. why can't they just let the customer choose!

Some more pics of the face-lift Creta,

Quote:

the new Creta facelift will feature a revised fascia with an updated headlight design, front fog lamp housing, a new radiator grille, a revised front bumper, and a new skid plate. The new version of the compact SUV will also get DRL/positioning lights. For 2018, the new Creta facelift will also get new roof rail, refreshed alloy wheels, a redesigned tail light design and a new rear bumper with updated reflectors.
Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-cr1.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-exclusivehyundaicretafacelift5.jpg

Link

Quote:

Now that the DRLs have moved near the fog lamps, will that act as the park lamps? Or the park lamps have been provided under the indicator as in the pic above?

That's a static bending lamp (in Hyundai terminology) which illuminates the sideways while taking turns. Its function is depicted in below example.

The new face looks nice.
Sharing a couple of more photos from the link that Volkman posted, including one of the new 16 inch alloys

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverfire (Post 4400663)
The new face looks nice.
Sharing a couple of more photos from the link that Volkman posted, including one of the new 16 inch alloys

Thanks for the images, I'd prefer the current generation actually, but that's me!! :)

The new 16" alloys look similar to XUV 5OO's alloys

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-images-1.jpeg

EDIT:

Quote:

Now that the DRLs have moved near the fog lamps, will that act as the park lamps?

Isn't that the indicator? Sorry if I'm missing something!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoNoob (Post 4400658)
That's a static bending lamp (in Hyundai terminology) which illuminates the sideways while taking turns. Its function is depicted in below example.

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretaspyshotheadlamp_01.jpg

Isn't the static bending lamp in the highlighted portion in the above image?!