Team-BHP - Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/193223-hyundai-creta-facelift-starts-testing-india-edit-launched-rs-9-43-lakhs-8.html)

I bought a Creta 1.6 SX Diesel about 2.5 months ago and I can tell you that there are not any radical changes in the list of features. In the SX manual variant the big differences are Cruise control and a touchscreen video HU with Apple car play and android auto. The one which I have in my car is a basic touchscreen audio and does not support any video format.

Apart from the above it looks like start / stop button has been added.

All in all, nothing major in terms of feature changes, at least that is what it looks like!

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 4398787)

All in all, nothing major in terms of feature changes, at least that is what it looks like!

There will be a minor improvement in NVH. It is being optimized further in the facelift.

Hyundai's Creta product presentation leaked,

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretafeatures.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretainterior.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretanewfeatures.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretausp.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretavariants.jpg

Hyundai Creta Facelift starts testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.43 lakhs-2018hyundaicretacolours.jpg

Link

I was expecting price hikes across the range, but this is better than expected.

If you are looking at the Mid trim Petrol model which is E+ - You get it for +7k. This gets you Seat height adjust (One of the big reasons why I did not want to go for E+), sliding arm rest, speed sensing auto locks, front usb charger etc. All very useful and practical features which make this trim more appealing.

The SX trim replaces the erstwhile SX+ and comes in for 5k cheaper. You get these goodies in addition to the old SX+
* Cruise Control
* Sliding Armrest
* USB Charging
* LED DRLs
* Speed sensing locks

The diesel SX gets an even bigger cut of Rs 27k

The price hikes are on the SX Auto and the SX(O) models. Probably because they come with new expensive parts like the Sunroof, Powered driver seat etc.
Other than top end pricing, the mid variants look pretty competitive.

Looks great! They had a nice advantage in pricing since the customers gobbled the old model at inflated price. This time they have introduced more features instead of a big price correction.

The petrol AT looks promising. Cruise control and Sunroof in AT package in tempting. Will have to convince the family to go for it, so I'll get a chance at driving it on rare occasions in the future. 17 inch wheel though might make the ride worse. Not that Creta had a problem there but some extra cushioning is always nice to have.

Orange looks brilliant so does the Blue. Adds to the confusion but a nice one to have.

I remember the pricing guess game that happened here in the forum during the initial launch of Creta. The list getting outed before official launch during the facelift is the polar opposite of what happened and BHPians will be happy with the price this time I guess as compared to the previous.

Now, if the braking has been improved, my one area of concern will also be addressed. I had inputs from other BHPians on this matter but since it is a topic of discussion on this car, it makes one reluctant to fully endorse the car to the family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverfire (Post 4399200)
I was expecting price hikes across the range, but this is better than expected.

If you are looking at the Mid trim Petrol model which is E+ - You get it for +7k. This gets you Seat height adjust (One of the big reasons why I did not want to go for E+), sliding arm rest, speed sensing auto locks, front usb charger etc. All very useful and practical features which make this trim more appealing.
Other than top end pricing, the mid variants look pretty competitive.

The E+ going above 10L will have implications on tax. Whether the features added are worth the extra money 'on-road' is the question customers need to ask.

Maybe it is time to revise the tax structure as well and make 12L (random number in my mind) as the new 10L. Since 10 big ones aren't the same as it was a decade back. Gives manufacturers some space to play with and the customers some breathing space in tax section.

Guys, any idea if that Marina blue color get beige interiors or all black? Do we have a choice? If not, can we go with the dual tone interior package or does that only apply to dual tone color option for the exterior cars?

I just want the blue Creta with all black interiors rather than their usual beige, I'm kind of sick seeing it everywhere.

The black interior seems to be available only with the 2 dual tone models:
1. Polar white + Black
2. Passion Orange + Black

Marina blue will get the standard beige interiors.

Does dual tone come with all variants this time around??
I would have been happier had the sx AT got 6 airbags instead of the sunroof..

What happened to the new front grill which was integrated with the head lamps ? It was looking much better and was a good mid life facelift. These pictures above dont show any changes and the front fascia looks same to the current Creta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pratiksinhal (Post 4399290)
What happened to the new front grill which was integrated with the head lamps ? It was looking much better and was a good mid life facelift. These pictures above dont show any changes and the front fascia looks same to the current Creta.

All the parts in yellow have undergone the change. The drawing is of old model with the yellow parts depicting the changed configuration.

Hyundai's variant planning has been a mess always. I was expecting an Automatic transmission in SX(O), sadly it's been given a miss by Hyundai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetvar26 (Post 4399239)
I just want the blue Creta with all black interiors rather than their usual beige, I'm kind of sick seeing it everywhere.

I'm tired of beige interiors as well! Unfortunately, the Marina Blue shade will go with beige interior as it's not a dual tone colour. It's only the dual tone (DT) shades that get a darker interior. I presume the DT colours will be orange and white top and white with black top. No, you cannot customise your interior either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pratiksinhal (Post 4399290)

I reckon Hyundai have deliberately used pictures of the old Creta knowing fully well it'd be leaked online. The document shows the areas where the design has been revised but nothing else, really. Pretty smart if that's what they were thinking! :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th!ru (Post 4399254)
I would have been happier had the sx AT got 6 airbags instead of the sunroof..

Exactly, people would always prefer safety over luxury.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 4399313)
Hyundai's variant planning has been a mess always. I was expecting an Automatic transmission in SX(O), sadly it's been given a miss by Hyundai.

Seems Hyundai didn't pay a heed to the customers' demands. This must have been discussed across forums and platforms. What's the point placing AT at the top of the price ladder with some missing features?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftdiesel (Post 4399332)
I'm tired of beige interiors as well!

Black always looks premium, IMO. Also, The dual tone should have been offered as an option across variants. The new Orange shade looks stunning though.

I must commend Hyundai for the pricing. I was expecting a hike of some 80K/1 Lakh in the top variants. 40-odd thousands increase is indeed a welcome step. Wish they added few more features to the AT!

Regards,
Pratyush

Actually the so called beige interior of the Creta is far better than most other cars that have the beige theme. In the Creta its a nice combination of Black and beige and in fact the doors, floor everything is black unlike some cars where even the doors are beige. In the Creta its only a portion of the dash thats beige and the door handles are beige. I find the interiors of the Creta much easier to maintain unlike say the Vento or the City.

There is no word on the MID across variants. Current gen Creta offers a superior MID with SXO while all variants till SX-AT get their MID from '10 :Frustrati Hope they offer advanced MIDs now with lower variants too especially with a DTE indicator

Sadly, again no SX(O) AT. Verna gets one at least on the petrol. Could have offered at least 6 airbags and ESC on the SX AT, if not for other bells and whistles. ESC is one thing which I would think is super important on taller cars.

What's the logic of offering powered driver's seat and wireless charging, but still no auto headlamps and wipers, cooled seats?

Pricing is impressive. SX(O) AT in Diesel guise could literally have been the 'perfect' urban SUV here. If someone from Hyundai is listening, many people willing to pay 18L on a car would not mind paying another 75-100k for getting ALL the features.