Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2019, 10:41   #76
SRK
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Cartoq has released a speculative render of the Triber based on the Official Sketch Release from Renault

here

Attachment 1867423

To me it looks like they just slapped the front of Kwid on the Lodgy (reduced the frame to make it look under 4m in length) and just tweaked the rear based on the design sketches.

Attachment 1867424
I don't think Renault has released any official sketches yet. The ones that YouTube channels and online publications are using as a teaser is probably created by an enthusiast.

And this image is just the Lodgy with the Kwid face.
SRK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 11:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Those renderings are floating online since months. Some of these websites shamelessly claim them to be theirs without any fear of copyright laws.

The Triber looks way different and actually looks similar to many other modern Renault models unlike the Kwid.

I think this could be the brand's make or break models in India.
Old 15th April 2019, 21:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

Image source article

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190415_211821.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190415_211838.jpg

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 15th April 2019 at 21:21.
AdityaDeane is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 21:46   #79
Senior - BHPian

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img20190417wa0006600x600.jpg

A teaser of the upcoming Triber. Awaiting more details in the days ahead. (Source - Motor Octane)
Old 24th April 2019, 19:18   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Triber spied again - speculated to be a > 4m MUV.

USP of the car ?

Quote:
The car is said to have an easily removable third row, that is expected to have a manual folding and unlatching operation, which would be simple for most people to carry out easily. This will allow people to opt for seating space for 7 passengers, or a larger amount of boot volume for more cargo space – as per their needs

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-renaulttriberspiedfront.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-renaulttriberspiedside.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-renaulttriberspiedrear.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th April 2019 at 19:20.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 19:24   #81
Senior - BHPian

Side profile shot reminds me so much of the prev-gen Ertiga with a sub-4meter layout.

Yes this can fill an important gap in the market but it has to rival a tried and tested product, the Maruti Eeco which comparatively is bare bones but still manages to secure massive sales numbers month after month.
Old 25th April 2019, 00:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post

Renault RBC 7 seater MPV for India -
spied with New Alloys

Attachment 1859430

Attachment 1859429

Attachment 1859431

Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Renault Triber spied again - speculated to be a > 4m MUV.

USP of the car ?

Attachment 1871051

Attachment 1871050

Attachment 1871049

Link
The alloy wheel designs in these 2 posts differs a lot. Will it offer different alloy wheels for different trims like in the Ford EcoSport?
Old 25th April 2019, 08:41   #83
BHPian

Renault must address its Achilles heel, ergonomics and interior quality. The idea of a removable 3rd row is welcome. Infact, when I first saw the first gen Ertiga in MS showroom, I had wished for the same. Hope Triber comes with the second row on rails. That would make the seating options more flexible.
Old 25th April 2019, 19:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

Have the DRLs changed position in the final form, or is it the headlamps which are ON in this test mule?

Source

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 25th April 2019 at 19:51.
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 00:39   #85
BHPian

Caught these 2 test mules today in my dashcam on my way from office to home near Maraimalai Nagar on GST road, Chennai. One was without roof rail and the second one with a roof rail.

Screenshots of both test mules from my dashcam video:

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190430002958_video-player.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190430003149_video-player.jpg

Footage from my dashcam (watch in HD for clear video):

jpcoolguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 21:56   #86
Senior - BHPian

Source Article

Renault Triber side view reveals small size – Benchmarked with Maruti Ignis

Quote:
Now, thanks to automotive enthusiast Anoop Balakrishnan, side view too has been detailed.

Renault Triber side view photos clearly reveal the compact size of the MPV. It looks more like a compact SUV, than an MPV. What is even more interesting is the fact that the Triber is being benchmarked against a smaller car – Maruti Ignis. The Renault Triber below was spied testing along side a Maruti Ignis wearing license no TN 19 AK 2463. This car is owned by Renault Nissan Technology, as per RTO data.

The design elements to the rear seem to be borrowed from the Lodgy. Tail lamps units are horizontally positioned, adding an illusion of the Triber being wider than it actually is. Other exterior features include a large front grille with chrome accents, LED DRLs, ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, LED tail lamps, alloy wheels, front disc brake, rear drum brake.

Renault Triber, in a tall boy format offers added headroom. It comes with a segment first feature where rear 3rd row seats can be removed, thus creating added luggage space. The cabin is done up in a two tone black and beige color scheme. It will get a large touchscreen display with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. In compliance with new safety norms, it will receive dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, rear parking sensors, reverse camera and a speed warning system.
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-renaulttribermpvbenchmarkmarutiignislaunchprice1.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-renaulttribermpvbenchmarkmarutiignislaunchprice3.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-renaulttribermpvbenchmarkmarutiignislaunchprice2.jpg

P.S. - As the Ignis here is an AMT variant (as per the RTO Data picture), and Triber also has previously been spied with an AMT Gear Shifter from Nissan-Renault vehicles, can we assume that this is the AMT version being benchmarked against the Ignis AMT?
Old 12th May 2019, 11:48   #87
Senior - BHPian

Renault Triber (Renault RBC) profile - IAB Rendering

Based on the latest sightings of the upcoming Renault Triber, IAB's master designer Shoeb Kalania has come out with a rendering to preview its profile.

Source Article

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-renaulttriber2019145f.jpg
Old 12th May 2019, 12:43   #88
Senior - BHPian

Seems Renault will use every single mm in the permitted 4000mm limit to and squeeze in maximum space on the inside on this one. There is almost zero rear overhang, similar to what I had seen first on the Mahindra Quanto.
Old 15th May 2019, 23:18   #89
BHPian

Spotted the Triber twice in two days. Once on ORR near HSR Layout, couldn't take pictures as i was alone driving. Spotted it again today in traffic at Hosur Road, Opposite To the silk board Mahindra showroom.
Few points that i noted through the 10 minutes i had in proximity of the car:
  • The Triber definitely looks sub 4m, and no chance of it being a half decent 7 seater. To be honest, it looked shorter than the Baleno to my naked eyes.
  • Being sub 4m, and MPVish, it looked disproportionate. Not an eye catcher for sure.
  • Alloys looked cool in smoked grey. Looked 15" rims but i could be wrong.
  • I was able to peek in to the interiors and from the look of it, neither was it of good quality nor did i like the dashboard.
  • In the rear view mirror it looks like a regular hatch.
  • From the back, it looked decent enough, par for the course for the segment it is expected to be in.
  • All in all, it looks like Renault has backed the wrong horse on this one and it might well be the straw that broke the camels back. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-picsart_051506.51.59.jpg  

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-picsart_051506.52.11.jpg  

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-picsart_051506.53.23.jpg  

Mukund is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 00:45   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
[*]The Triber definitely looks sub 4m,
After your observation, I just reopened the Renault Triber website, and they have added a line in the screenshot image I had shared earlier stating (confirming) that the Triber's length is within 3.99m. Attaching the new website screenshot below:

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190516003905.png
AdityaDeane is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed