Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 14:22   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yes. "Silver Streak LED DRL" is mentioned right from the base STD .8L version onwards.
DRLs are the "IN" thing of today. On all trims as standard is literally laughing at cars costing 15L in which LED DRLs are only in top trim! RIP S-Presso. Finally we see someone really intent on taking Maruti to the cleaners in this segment. Loving Renault just for that intent. It was frustrating to see others just give up the segment to Maruti!
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 14:25   #77
BHPian

This KWID face lift is pretty good in looks when compared to S Presso of Maruti. But S Presso can still out sell the KWID because of it's Maruti badge. But we need to wait and see how the people going to respond for this 2 launches.

I would still bet on S Presso because it is based on Heartect platform which underpins their million rupee cars like Baleno and Dzire. Also Renault should have launched the KWID with BS-6 compliant engine.
TorqueKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 15:21   #78
Senior - BHPian

This indeed looks good compared to both Alto as well as the new Espresso. Why can't Renault borrow CVT from Nissan and offer it instead of AMT. That will become an unbeatable offer.

MSIL cannot price it effectively / aggressively using the Baleno CVT in entry level cars. It can become a key to success for both KWID and Triber.

May be the success of Duster can be repeated with killer design, effective space utilization and automatic ! - Practically no competition for KWID and Triber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
I would still bet on S Presso because it is based on Heartect platform which underpins their million rupee cars like Baleno and Dzire. Also Renault should have launched the KWID with BS-6 compliant engine.
Heartect platform has not brought laurels for Suzuki. In terms of safety, its no better. The new Swift based on the same platform has received 2* in NCAP. Brezza which has received 4* is not based on Heartect.

Yes I do agree that Renault received a strong communication from NCAP for poor safety of KWID when it was tested in its previous iteration (without airbags and ABS); I would very much like to see how the revised iteration plays with respect to NCAP safety tests.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st October 2019 at 17:30. Reason: Posts merged.
i74js is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 15:51   #79
BHPian

This is a seriously impressive face lift and effort by Renault.
And to Maruti this is how it is done, only fancy names and celebs don't help.
Just have a look at the interiors, features and this comes across a car which punches above it's weight. There are some quirks as well.
I don't see any reason to pick S-presso over this even without visiting the showroom. However, BS6 compliance service and reliability might be Maruti's trump cards.

Car looks really smart and has premium styling touches. Wish they had removed those outdated flap type handles. When Triber gets pull type handles why not for Kwid? Also no reference to internally adjustable ORVMs and day night IRVM.

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-kwidexterior.jpg

The front DRLs merge with the grill chrome line. Dual barrel headlamps!! The plastic shroud over headlamps protects them as well in climber version.

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-kwidfrontfacia.jpg

Steering wheel is sexy looking and leather wrapped. Looks from a car two segments above. Even Duster, Kaptur doesn't have it!!
The interior is really impressive at this price point.

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-kwidinterior.jpg

First in class Rear armrest.

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-kwidarmrest.jpg

The kit they have given vis a vis the price hike makes this a VFM update.

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-kwidpricing.jpg

LED DRLs and LED parking tail lamps are standard BUT Rear power windows and passenger airbag is optional even on top variants!!

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-kwidversions.jpg

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-kwidfeatures.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 1st October 2019 at 17:28. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
PraNeel is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 16:06   #80
BHPian

IMO, There is still room for another AMT variant at the top at 4.99 Lakhs ex-showroom price, including the below features. If only Renault was listening...
  1. Electrically adjustable OVRM
  2. Rear defogger
  3. Rear washer & wiper
  4. All 4 power windows

Last edited by aah78 : 1st October 2019 at 17:27. Reason: LIST added.
styx71 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 16:39   #81
BHPian

I hate the face-lift version because I bought a KWID not even an year back and I am feeling stupid.
I had the same issue with Duster face-lift. After an year of buying duster face-lift was launched, now Kwid.
Below are the 2 'OLD' cars which are around 1 year old.

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-20190913_160124.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 1st October 2019 at 17:27. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
CarBot is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 17:10   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
I would still bet on S Presso because it is based on Heartect platform which underpins their million rupee cars like Baleno and Dzire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Heartect platform has not brought laurels for Suzuki. In terms of safety, its no better.
Guys, we are giving too much importance to the name 'Heartect'. As far as what I know, this could just be a marketing name and may not represent too much technically w.r.t. other models in Maruti stable. There is no (cannot be) legally declared definition of Heartect and so it may not be same across segments.

I have seen OEMs skimping on key parts, reinforcements or having entirely different underpinnings for India market while giving much better stuff in other markets. Renault has been one of the key culprits.

So we need to be careful before arriving at conclusions.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 17:12   #83
BHPian

Come on Renault, when will you replace those outdated door handles. It looks so out of place for such a beautiful car. Apart from reliability and after sales support, Kwid beats the funny looking S-Presso in all departments. Also I am shocked to see the buzz for S-Presso on all social media platforms. Inspite of all the trolling and negativity around it's design, it is getting a lot of attention at least on YouTube.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st October 2019 at 17:27. Reason: Typos.
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 17:24   #84
BHPian

Seriously Renault, still BS IV???? This is the Car I want to buy but again BS IV???? I guess BSVI pricing would take this car further away from the nearest competition S-Presso ( Sorry couldn't call it a Car) in terms of pricing. I am ready to forget how unreliable Renault is with safety and reliability in India just for the killer looks. But I am not dropping any dough for a soon to be obsolete technology, fire sale or no fire sale.
Old 1st October 2019, 17:34   #85
Senior - BHPian

Have they added manual mode in AMT ?

If not, it is a missed opportunity.

Rohan
Old 1st October 2019, 17:35   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBot View Post
I hate the face-lift version because I bought a KWID not even an year back and I am feeling stupid.

I can understand your frustration but dont worry. On highways with my Jazz cvt ,the only small hatchback I allow to pass me is the old kwid, at first glance in the rear view mirror I always think its a duster , now it wont work
rahulskumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 18:21   #87
BHPian

Extreme potential in the new Kwid. More so because of those bold and quirky colors. No doubt that Renault will rake up some serious numbers. Might even give Maruti a run for their S-presso joke but that will only be in metros. Maruti has too many factors working in it's favor to be toppled so easily; among all the above mentioned ones the image of Maruti as cheap to run and maintain, widespread presence across the nation will be a big big factor. Customer basically finds it easier and comfortable to deal with Maruti than any other brand.

All said and done the Kwid effort should inspire all the other brands to relentlessly attack Maruti to topple them from being the darling of the nation.

The new Kwid shows how perseverance and right attitude can deliver results. Hat's off to Renault for not giving up even amidst the scenario of Chevrolet and Ford folding up. Were they simply not interested, gave up too easily or worked halfheartedly is something they should now contemplate seriously. Kwid, Seltos and Hector are basically case studies on how to tackle a slowdown in the industry.

In case Honda too is about to fold up, the Kwid case can give them a new lease of hope because they surely have the capability.
bmw_lover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 18:21   #88
Senior - BHPian

Posting images of the regular Kwid.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-coolwhite.jpg  

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-outbackbronze.jpg  

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-zanskarblue.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 19:32   #89
BHPian

Looks lovely!
Renault have proved it wrong that small car=CHEAP.
The Kwid just doesn't look or feel like a small car in any way, looks fantastic, offers tons of features and has good amount of space.
With the launch of the Triber and Kwid, Maruti should start worrying about the market share of their small cars.
Nazaar25 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 21:03   #90
BHPian

This facelifted car with added features like rear wash and wiper along with defogger, keyless entry and coloured door handles can give cars of even next segment(say Wagon R) a serious threat.
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks