Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2019, 22:34   #61
BHPian

re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

The profile in some of the spy shots looks so much like an Ignis. Since it will be based on a Hyundai small car the girth of the vehicle may not be that large. Expecting it to be priced sensibly but knowing Hyundai hoping against hope.
Old 26th February 2019, 10:40   #62
BHPian

Here is a list of 10 features expected on the Hyundai QXi -
  1. Large touchscreen
  2. Electric Sunroof
  3. Ventilated Front Seats
  4. Dual-tone machined alloy wheels
  5. Brushed Aluminium Roof rails.
  6. 7-speed Dual Clutch transmission
  7. Composite Light setup
  8. LED tail lamps
  9. Disc Brakes on all wheels
  10. Comprehensive Safety Kit

Full Article
Old 4th March 2019, 17:08   #63
BHPian

Styx spotted testing again, this time dual tone paint scheme with black roof.

Don't miss the Shark Fin antenna.

I think Hyundai is gearing up to steal the show.

P. C. Twitterati @arpit_rathi
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-img_20190304_165909.jpg  

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-img_20190304_165906.jpg  

Lakshit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 18:50   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post

Don't miss the Shark Fin antenna.

I think Hyundai is gearing up to steal the show.

P. C. Twitterati @arpit_rathi
Looks like production ready. Looks neat. I am eagerly waiting for this launch for upgrade, after XUV300 price shock. Hope Hyundai will price it sensibly.
skumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 19:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

This one's going to give sleepless nights not just to the XUV300 but also the Nexon and the Brezza. I wont be surprised if Hyundai replaces the 1.4 Creta with this SUV and makes it another blockbuster for the brand.
fx45 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 20:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
Hope Hyundai will price it sensibly.

Slim chance IMO. Next gen Creta is supposed to come with 7 seats. My gut feeling is it may square off against the likes of City in terms of pricing.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 20:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post
On a close look at the roof in the first photo, I see something like sunroof. Or am I day dreaming ?
Old 4th March 2019, 21:21   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
On a close look at the roof in the first photo, I see something like sunroof. Or am I day dreaming ?
Yes, it's sunroof and has to be top variant.
But, no rear disc brakes and no reverse parking camera I guess
Old 4th March 2019, 21:45   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Slim chance IMO. Next gen Creta is supposed to come with 7 seats. My gut feeling is it may square off against the likes of City in terms of pricing.
With the Creta , Hyundai had room in price due to the lack of the competition. The Sub 4m SUV segment is crowded . They will have to price it close to the competition ( max 5% premium) . One major point in favor for Hyundai is that both Brezza and Ecosport look quite outdated so Hyundai do have a brownie point for this fresh product.
karanraheja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 08:43   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

STYX is a very poor choice of name, I wouldn't mind if its called STICKS but not STYX. I cannot sit in a car named that, when its very name denotes the "path to hell" (not that I have any traditional beliefs or such, but any car is a ticking time-bomb as it is and such a name does not help).

Carlino is such a nice name, why not name it that? One can hope.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 08:43   #71
BHPian

It is unfortunate that now days top end models come with sunroof without any option.
I personally despise sun roofs. It is an extra feature I will pay for, which I will use once a year, which compromises a car's structural integrity and makes a car's AC work harder thus effecting even the mileage. Moreover, my kid will brand me as a bad father for not allowing him to pop out of the sun roof cause its fatally dangerous to do so. 😤
lambodara is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 12:43   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambodara View Post
It is an extra feature I will pay for, which I will use once a year, which compromises a car's structural integrity and makes a car's AC work harder thus effecting even the mileage. Moreover, my kid will brand me as a bad father for not allowing him to pop out of the sun roof cause its fatally dangerous to do so. 😤
I fully agree for the last point as its true even in my case, whenever I am going to buy a car with sunroof. I almost bought Honda WR-V had it not been its noisy diesel.

The points regarding structural integrity and AC load are just unfounded fears. Cars with sunroof also pass roof crush regulations similar to cars without one (PS: this regulation is not yet enforced in India). Sunroofs are tinted to block most of infrared and lower end of visible spectrum, so there's hardly any increase in heat load. The metal body also absorbs significant amount of heat. However, most heat comes from untinted front, rear and side glasses.

So, you can buy a car with sunroof and your kids will enjoy.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 18:37   #73
BHPian

Styx spotted on test.

Quote:

The spy images show the front fascia and the side profile of the Hyundai QXi. The test mule, presumably a top-end variant, featured LED headlamps and taillights and the two-tone machined alloy wheels. The QXi will feature the familiar cascading front grille that will be connected to the LED DRLs, while the projector headlights are placed below it. We have seen this arrangement on the Tata Harrier.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza and Ford Ecosport rival will feature a proper two-box design, with styling cues borrowed from the Hyundai Creta and the Kona. Other design highlights will include roof rails and a shark fin antenna. Given that this is a Hyundai, we can expect the QXi to feature a plush cabin with segment leading features and an extensive equipment list. Features are likely to include ventilated seats, vehicle stability control, side airbags, and much more.

Globally, the Hyundai QXi will get three engine options - a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol, a 1.4-litre four-cylinder naturally-aspirated petrol, and a Hyundai Verna-sourced 1.4-litre oil burner. In the Indian context, the QXi will get the 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol that will either make 100 PS or 120 PS of power and 172 Nm of peak torque. The diesel motor will be a 1.4-litre four-cylinder unit that will make 89 bhp and 220 Nm. Both the engines will be mated to a six-speed manual transmission. The petrol motor may get an all-new 7-speed DCT automatic, while the diesel is likely to come with a 6-speed torque converter. However, we aren’t sure if automatic transmissions will be available at launch.
Source: Carwale
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-screenshot_20190312183533.png  

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-screenshot_20190312183543.png  

HarshGtR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 19:11   #74
BHPian

More & more leaks will be coming closer to launch. Hope they provide an automatic transmission at launch itself unlike others who use that as an update to their sales figures.
On a lighter note, looks like Hyundai takes leaks pretty seriously, the driver also seems to be in camouflage like the body work
deepjaju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 22:55   #75
BHPian

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1552756806.851739.jpg I saw two cars near Chennai today and they look production ready. What I noticed were roof rails, flared up front fenders, beefy tires and nice rounded DRL on the head light (below main DRL). It seems to be a looker and while not very tall, looked slightly evoque like in my eyes!

Looking at creta success, Hyundai seems to be have another winner in its hands!The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1552757083.931993.jpgThe Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1552757104.554185.jpg
urajkumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks